• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Make me a third party million seller on a Nintendo console if old.

tumblr_orgb6uNcLc1w2lxlgo1_500.gif

EDIT:

The 2 million milestone was probably surpassed around May, since he shaved his beard around then.

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Would've sold 10 million if Rabbid Luigi was on the cover.

Best Rabbid not on the cover. For shame.

In all seriousness. This is great, my Game of the Year for 2017

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats. Well deserved ubi also points for nintendo for letting 3rd party their characters.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the third party million sellers on Switch?
  • Octopath Traveler
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Stardew Valley
  • Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • Minecraft
  • Fortnite
Am I missing anything?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the DK DLC a couple of weeks ago. Well worth the money AND boy, really reminds you have great that game was.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Great game, deserved, with a great DLC campaign to boot. If you have a Switch, you should play this game.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi to all those fellow resetera members that said this game was a total disaster no one wanted. Guess 2 millions wanted the disaster lol. The crow eaten today shall have no equal.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
The 2 million milestone was probably surpassed around May, since he shaved his beard around then.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, fantastic news.

This is one of the great stories for gaming in recent years. I still remember when this game was leaked initially and the blowback/reception was overwhelmingly negative and this game had an uphill battle to fight before it was officially unveiled. Once we got official footage of it at E3 and it was shown that it was a quality game and the sales reflected that, gotta feel happy for the developers of the game. Bravo.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The game deserves it. Whatever Ubisoft Milan works on next, I'm highly looking forward to it!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That's amazing, congrats to Soliani and his team.
We will forever remember the negativity surrounding the game before the reveal based on leaks :')
Personally I always thought it would be interesting!

Plum

May 31, 2018
Great stuff. This game really deserves its success.

It's not much considering it's a Mario Game, it's almost Xeno2 tier.

But it's not a Mario game, it's a Mario Turn Based SRPG with Rabbids. Mario's popular but he's not magic; Mario games in niche genres will always do less than mainstream stuff like Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Oct 26, 2017
Surely this makes it the highest selling Rabbids game ever, likely even surpassing the original on all systems combined (Wii, DS, GBA, PS2, 360, and PC IIRC) right?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi to all those fellow resetera members that said this game was a total disaster no one wanted. Guess 2 millions wanted the disaster lol. The crow eaten today shall have no equal.
Omg I would love nothing more than to bring that topic up from GAF. Me and an extremely small group of people defended this game when it first leaked in early 2017. We told people wait and give it a chance. Wait and see what the game is before jumping to conclusions.

I'm so happy it turned out great and sold over 2 million. It deserves more sales. I loved this game. They said they want to be the new Rare and they're on their way if they continue this pedigree in future games.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
2 milli already? That's great, game is pretty good. I haven't even gotten to the DK dlc yet!

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
That's impressive

It impressed me when it was announced, but I don't own a Switch and haven't played it. It is one of the few Switch games I'd like to play, but part of me is worried about the difficulty level I've heard about because I don't normally play or like strategy games and am not good at them.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
nice. My little brother's friend ( 9) just got this game bundled with his Switch ( best buy was selling this game with switch for $299 last weekend iirc. )

sadly he touched this game only once lol and never touched it again. Switch has been his Fortnite machine since.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The initial blowback to the idea was always premature - it looked great to me. Seems like people did indeed manage to not be turned off by the Rabbids ;)