• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Spectacular performance from the game, 2.5 years after its launch in the busiest month of the year !

Full top 15 :
  1. Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle
  2. Minecraft
  3. Ori and the Blind Forest
  4. Pokémon Sword
  5. Monopoly
  6. Overcooked! 2
  7. Rayman Legends
  8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  9. Stardew Valley
  10. The Witcher 3
  11. Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy
  12. Luigi's Mansion 3
  13. Pokémon Shield
  14. Assassin's Creed III
  15. Cuphead
The variety in this list is once again great. Congrats to Davide Soliani for the huge success, it is totally deserved. Also happy for the devs at Moon Studio which did a fantastic job with their Ori port. Netflix had a great impact on TW3 sales which did amazing digitally this month despite being bigger than the Switch internal storage. Great legs for Overcooked, Rayman and Cuphead too !

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
So happy for Ori.

Also, the GOAT platformer at position #7, well deserved.

Tropical Freeze isn't even in the Top 5 y'all

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
When will we finally get the announcement of a Mario + Rabbids sequel? Considering the success I refuse to believe that this is goinmg to be it.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Two of the top three most bought games on the eShop in Europe are from Microsoft.. who would've ever thought that.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
amazing, m+r's performance has been unbelievably good

really happy about ori doing so well too, good to see microsoft's decision being rewarded.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Two of the top three most bought games on the eShop in Europe are from Microsoft.. who would've ever thought that.

Honestly, seeing how MS is still kinda a direct competitor to Nintendo as a hardware creator, it shows how bad other third parties, imo especially japanese ones, dropped the ball on this system.

Even more funny as western thirds seem to have been course correcting to a certain degree in this case.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Really happy to see Witcher 3 rank highly :D

Sure, it had a discount and the Witcher Netflix boost, but it seems really good even taking those into account.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to the team!
Completely deserved. It is a work of love and it shows.

Offtopic: damn the difference between sword and shield, I knew the first one was more popular, but that much,

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
Great game that feels like it's always 67% off (in EU at least). Not surprised how well it's performing. Here's hoping for a sequel announcement soon!

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
An amazing game at an amazing price. Not even surprised by the fact that it's #1 for the month, well deserved.

However I am very much surprised that there's only 4 first party games in the list, third party games finding success on Nintendo platforms is a good thing.. hopefully more publishers provde good games in the upcoming year.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
There was a mad discount for Mario + Rabbids (24€ for the game + DLC) and I, for one, partook.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a compilation of EU sales? Because I'm pretty sure there is no "EU eShop". Each country has their own eShop with separate discounts and charts.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy with the Witcher 3 performance. I want to replay it this year and thought i would play it on PC again but the Switch version is really hard to resist. We'll see.

Also happy for Ori. It's an amazing game!

Haven't played Mario+Rabbids yet even though i love XCOM like games and already bought it. Time to get to it then.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Man I haven't even finished this but I still bought the DLC on sale. Will definitely get round to it.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Ubisoft did a better job with the Mario IP than the recent efforts from Alphadream and Intelligent Systems.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Ori seems like such a success on Switch, would love to know the sale figures on both platforms (yes I know its on Gamepass on XB1)

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Spectacular performance from the game, 2.5 years after its launch in the busiest month of the year !

Full top 15 :
  1. Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle
  2. Minecraft
  3. Ori and the Blind Forest
  4. Pokémon Sword
  5. Monopoly
  6. Overcooked! 2
  7. Rayman Legends
  8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  9. Stardew Valley
  10. The Witcher 3
  11. Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy
  12. Luigi's Mansion 3
  13. Pokémon Shield
  14. Assassin's Creed III
  15. Cuphead
The variety in this list is once again great. Congrats to Davide Soliani for the huge success, it is totally deserved. Also happy for the devs at Moon Studio which did a fantastic job with their Ori port. Netflix had a great impact on TW3 sales which did amazing digitally this month despite being bigger than the Switch internal storage. Great legs for Overcooked, Rayman and Cuphead too !

When you talk about legs, it's important to point out that games like Rayman were reduced to around £7 in the sales.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I am SO happy for the Ubi Milan team. This game was so special to me, and it makes me genuinely happy to see it still performing so well. I'm tickled to think about people experiencing this for the first time across the world.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
So glad for the team, I won a competition and visited the studios in Paris last year, passion and love for the game was clearly visible, this success is well deserved. :D

On the actual eShop page, it was always behind Mario Kart.
I suppose that page included the MK bundle downloads and this chart counts only actual purchases.

it was really cheap during holiday sale
It's been discounted at that price several times before, and as others already said, a bunch of other games of that list were on sale as well, Christmas and all.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft would be stupid to squander the Nintendo licenses they have. They have to make a sequel or a new game