• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
June?
And Octopath Traveler in August

I'm going to guess Yoshi in July.

And Fire Emblem and Smash in September

Looks like Nintendo's Lineup for the whole year is already known save for the fall lineup.
pretty much unless pokemon makes an appearance which I doubt.

The question is the third party games and probably a few more ports from Nintendo I feel.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
I really hope this entry marks a return to form for the series. I loved Mario Tennis on the N64. Throw in some proper online matchmaking and lets go!

Oct 26, 2017
After the disappointing WiiU Mario Tennis, I'll be very interested to see what this one is bringing to the table aside from a story mode.

Maybe we'll get info from the upcoming Direct?

Oct 30, 2017
February - Bayonetta 2
March - Kirby Star Allies
April - Hyrule Warriors
May - Donkey Kong, Labo
June - Mario Tennis Aces
July - Yoshi
August - Octopath Traveler
September - Smash Bros
October - Fire Emblem
November - NSMBU
December - New Casual IP

And some big 3rd parties sprinkled in most notable Black Ops 4, Fallout 4 and Diablo 3.

Oct 29, 2017
Fantastic boxart. Very reminiscent of Mario Kart 8, which somehow makes me more excited for the game.

Now fingers crossed it has motion control.

Oct 30, 2017
When is animal crossing coming out then? It's been 6 years since new leaf and hints from pocket camp.

Also nsmbu port sounds pretty bad for the big holiday game.

To many people NSMBU is a new game as no one owned a Wii U. Don't forget NSMB series usually sells more than 3D Mario. Oddysey was the outliner. NSMB2 and NSMBWii were massive sellers. And now you can have tabletop mode multiplayer out of the box with 2 JoyCons.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
To many people NSMBU is a new game as no one owned a Wii U. Don't forget NSMB series usually sells more than 3D Mario. Oddysey was the outliner. NSMB2 and NSMBWii were massive sellers. And now you can have tabletop mode multiplayer out of the box with 2 JoyCons.
Why not a 3d world port at least then? It's also like a new game by that logic and is at least 3d.

Damn, this would be a really disappointing ass year for the switch if that is the lineup. Oh well, ps4 looks great.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed that unlike the male cast, the girls aren't using tennis gear but the same outfit that they always used.

Immaculate

Oct 27, 2017
4902370539455-05.jpg
4902370539455.jpg

https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/15390534/

Looks like the Amazon leak was spot on.

Edit: Screenshots leaked as well. Rosalina, Peach and Yoshi confirmed.
Amazon leak?

Oct 30, 2017
I guess all the good stuff is being saved for 2019 then. It's a loaded year.

If Nintendo release 3D World port before NSMBU port. By the time they want to port NSMBU there wouldn't be as much excitement. I'm sure they want to port their Mario Wii U games in release order as they originally came out.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well... They have super shots apperantly. Hopefully that's adjustable..

But what I find odd is that Rosalina and Yoshi don't wear any Tennis stuff - just their normal outfits.
I hope that it's not just Mario and Luigi that have specific outfits.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
February - Bayonetta 2
April - Hyrule Warriors
May - Donkey Kong, Labo
June - Mario Tennis Aces
July - Yoshi
September - Smash Bros
October - Fire Emblem
November - NSMBU
December - New Casual IP

And some big 3rd parties sprinkled in most notable Black Ops 4, Fallout 4 and Diablo 3.

If this turns out even semi-true I'll wait another year on the switch then. Hoping for something way different from the direct.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Wii U wasn't a successful system. But looking at sales

NSMBWii sold more than Galaxy games
NSMB2 sold more than 3D Land
yea 3D world tied its 2D counterpart. So it's the outlier.
Odyssey hasn't gone against a 2d mario yet.

I'm a bit disappointed that unlike the male cast, the girls aren't using tennis gear but the same outfit that they always used.
yea that's dumb. more visors.\

a game like this should actually have a lot of outfits.
But it's mario tennis so low expectations.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A bit later than I would have liked, but still excited! Box art looks colorful and vibrant, and as a previous VGBoxart.com aficionado I approve haha

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
If this turns out even semi-true I'll wait another year on the switch then. Hoping for something way different from the direct.
you'll be waiting then.

most of those games have already been announced for 2018 so "semi-true" isn't a question.

dunno what "way different" would even entail. That lineup would have most of nintendo's big hitters released on switch in some form outside Pokemon and AC. ( I personally feel AC is this year...and maybe a Luigi mansion). And Metroid/Pikmin if those count.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
you'll be waiting then.

most of those games have already been announced for 2018 so "semi-true" isn't a question.

dunno what "way different" would even entail. That lineup would have most of nintendo's big hitters released on switch in some form outside Pokemon and AC. ( I personally feel AC is this year...and maybe a Luigi mansion). And Metroid/Pikmin if those count.
No AC or Pokemon, and nsmbu as the "big holiday game" is a big difference.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you'll be waiting then.

Well AC and Pokémon is two of the franchises I'm waiting for. Also enjoy Zelda and Mario kart, but I have a Wii U for that so far.

Heck even a proper Mario Party would get me hooked.

Oct 30, 2017

It's looking highly likely this is going to be a quiet year for Switch for hardcore gamers. All the games they showed a while back have release dates further than they originally assumed. Which shows Nintendo are stretching the lineup. Earlier predictions people thought between March and May we would get all the games we know about out the way. But what happened we still haven't seen Fire Emblem, Octopath releasing in August, Mario Tennis coming in June. Yoshi looks like it's in the back burner and it makes sense due to Kirby and Donkey Kong releasing in first half of 2018.

All that's left is September to December to fill. And we know Fire Emblem and Smash likely 2 of those games releasing then.

Although it is a dissapointment for us gamers. In terms of mass appeal, Labo, NSMBU port, Smash Bros will likely be huge sellers for Switch.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
February - Bayonetta 2
April - Hyrule Warriors
May - Donkey Kong, Labo
June - Mario Tennis Aces
July - Yoshi
September - Smash Bros
October - Fire Emblem
November - NSMBU
December - New Casual IP

Except from Smash (which might not even be a new one), Fire Emblem and Octopath that's one disappointing year. Hopefully the Direct will show more.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Well AC and Pokémon is two of the franchises I'm waiting for. Also enjoy Zelda and Mario kart, but I have a Wii U for that so far.

Heck even a proper Mario Party would get me hooked.
No AC or Pokemon, and nsmbu as the "big holiday game" is a big difference.

well I personally think AC is this year. Pokemon I'm not sure on. I could see April 2019.
But whatever it is, I don't think NSMBU will be the november game alone so that'll be interesting to see.

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mario doing the Instagram booty pose.

I have a feeling this game will look amazing on my oled tv lele.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
February - Bayonetta 2
April - Hyrule Warriors
May - Donkey Kong, Labo
June - Mario Tennis Aces
July - Yoshi
September - Smash Bros
October - Fire Emblem
November - NSMBU
December - New Casual IP

Man looking at that im buying a good portion of those plus whatever suprise titles we get alongside my PC. What a stacked year for me.