• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Unlockable characters thanks to the demo:

Full character list:

https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/999857178084175872?s=19

In order, the full listing is: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser, Boo, Rosalina, Toadette, Toad, Diddy, Koopa Troopa, Paratroopa, Shy Guy, Kamek, Birdo, Spike, Dry Bones, Boom Boom, Chain Chomp, and Blooper

Spoilers. All bosses:

https://twitter.com/Blazingflare/status/999840075490910208?s=19

The full list of Bosses is Petey Piranha, Gooper Blooper, boss_icegolem, boss_esterkoopa, boss_mirage, boss_statuekoopa, and inishienoudedameshi.
Iwante (Eyerok) isn't under the internal names for the bosses, but it's probably part of mirage for the desert boss.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for all the Boom Boom fans out there. Finally their favorite character is getting some recognition.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
I'm twisted.
I want to read about datamine, but on the same time i don't want..

What i have to do?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh Boom Boom would be interesting. First time ever he's playable in a game? If so that's a long time coming lol.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
No dixie? It feels like she almost always gets snubbed when it comes to these mario crossover games. She was in that baseball game on the wii at least.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Did I just read "blooper" as an unlockable character...? This is going to be veryyy interesting.

Oct 26, 2017
A Blooper is playable?

Well now, that further justifies the purchase. Also, this makes the roster out to be 26 characters. That's a very solid roster, I think!

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
It should be pointed out that one of the unrevealed characters is the humble Mii, but is not listed in the character list (it's listed on another person's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Blazingflare/status/999824077131890688)

Now I know Miis are rather infamous among folks here, but I love Miis and hope they are still being used, and the fact that they are in this game makes it even better.

Thank you for reading.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Kamek is finally getting his dues, I can see him having some fun specials too. Not even sure who the notable omissions are this time around, Baby Mario I guess since he's been there since 64?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Boom Boom over Pauline....

I wonder if they will continue to support this game with free updates like Splatoon and ARMS. Hopefully we see more stages and characters in the future.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That roster reminds me how much the next Mario Kart has to be a "Smash Bros" Kart. It's better than the Mario Kart 8 cast, but 80% of it was pure trash with trash characters I would never play.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
It should be pointed out that one of the unrevealed characters is the humble Mii, but is not listed in the character list (it's listed on another person's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Blazingflare/status/999824077131890688)

Now I know Miis are rather infamous among folks here, but I love Miis and hope they are still being used, and the fact that they are in this game makes it even better.

Thank you for reading.
Nice. I need more games to show off my mii online. Little guy like looks and acts just like me. I really really like him

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm a bit confused. Do you actually need to download and play the demo to unlock the characters for the regular game? Or will these characters still be unlockable in the game without the demo?

Oct 26, 2017
I generally totally agree. People are too greedy for attention with their "leaks" that spoil a lot of the fun of discovery. Not just in terms of datamining.
This is bullshit. It doesn't spoil "fun of discovery" for everyone. If you don't like "spoilers" that's fine, not everyone thinks the same way you do.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm a bit confused. Do you actually need to download and play the demo to unlock the characters for the regular game? Or will these characters still be unlockable in the game without the demo?

Playing in the demo tournament will unlock the classic Mario outfit, not characters.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kamek is the only interesting character choice in my opinion. I hope, Nintendo will add more unique once in the future, for example Pauline, Donkey Kong Jr, Petey Piranha, R.O.B., Wart, Foreman Spike or Tantaga.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
"inishienoudedameshi"
"Oude dame" means old lady in Dutch so I have giggles

Datamining seems stupid in games where secrets are a huge part of the gameplay, it takes away the sense of wonder that there may be something players may have missed, a datamine can prove there's nothing more taking away from the experience.