• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-tennis-aces-special-online-demo-switch/
https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/25/mario-tennis-aces-demo-event-begins-on-april-26-2019/
Nintendo has announced a new Mario Tennis Aces demo event. It is a limited time affair. People will be able to begin trying the game starting at 12pm PT/2pm CT/3pm ET on April 26, 2019, then play until April 28, 2019. Since it has an online focus, it comes with a seven-day trial of Nintendo Switch Online.

The product page for the Mario Tennis Aces Special Online Demo is immediately available and ready to be downloaded. After you acquire it, Nintendo will send an email with a seven-day trial code that can immediately be redeemed and is good until May 3, 2019. Even if people already used up the initial seven-day Nintendo Switch Online trial, they can use this code for another free week.

As for the Mario Tennis Aces demo's content, two modes are described. People can compete in singles tournament matches. They can also play through the Co-op Challenge Yoshi's Ring Toss. People who play the trial, test out these modes, and buy the full game will then find a classic overalls outfit for Mario and different color Yoshi's in the full game, thanks to having the demo save data.

• you can download the demo now, and you'll get an email with a code for a 7 day trial of nintendo switch online.
  • the demo has two modes. singles tournament, and the yoshi ring-toss co-op challenge.
  • by having the save file for the demo, you'll get some costumes in the full game if you ever buy it.

EDIT: the demo event will last until may 3rd in europe.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Mario-Tennis-Aces-1325791.html

Last edited:

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Did the netcode improve much since the beta? I tried it during the beta but it was almost unplayable for me unfortunately.

Oct 26, 2017
Because of the code's quick expiry, and since it won't stack with existing accounts, first to quote will get my NA NSO trial code when it arrives. :)

Regret not giving my Splatoon 2 trial code, didn't know that expired until it was too late. :(

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Because of the code's quick expiry, and since it won't stack with existing accounts, first to quote will get my NA NSO trial code when it arrives. :)

Regret not giving my Splatoon 2 trial code, didn't know that expired until it was too late. :(

It doesn't stack with an existing account??? :(

giphy.gif

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Is there still a reasonable amount of people playing this online?

Always seemed like a good game, though just a bit shallow in terms of content...

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Is it only for US eShop? Beta before was for everyone. But nevermind i downloaded it from us eshop you can still play it on any account you want.

Dec 23, 2017
Well I will download and give it a try. I feel like all high profile games should come with a demo.... no matter the publisher or system.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. that incredibly long tutorial in the original demo really turned me off. I wonder if this one'll be different.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
There is still an incredibly long tutorial. Have to say though, gameplay is brilliant.

Is there a career mode in the full game?

Umgawa

Oct 25, 2017
7 day code,
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Would be better if it stacked but hey

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
It is taking forever to find an opponent

Edit: nevermind, must have just been that first time. Game is pretty fun.

Last edited:

Bulk_Rate

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
My N64 Mario Tennis memories served me well; I won my tournament on my first try.

The Super and Zone moves are taking some getting used to.

Game seems brilliant.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I played the yoshi challenge to get the colors I missed.

That was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I swear the netcode got twice as bad as the regular game.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a decent variety of courts and music in the game? I'm enjoying the gameplay here but already sick of playing the same court with the same music.

Also how's the community? PRetty easy to find a game online?

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
I just wait a sale to buy, 60 is bit too much for me. Happy about the demo cause I really wanted to try it.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
For literally any other company, a "free weekend" would coincide with a sale on the game.

Never Ninty tho. Lol.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Held off buying this for some reason; now I don't know why, the game is fantasic (despite me being pretty poor at it)

There is doubles online, you just have to click tournament mode and choose 'doubles'.

Solaire

Oct 29, 2017
I'm having fun with the game but the inconsistency of the online is really frustrating. It always seems to drop to one bar at one point or another and the lag gets insane. Signal indicator is no better than a damn yoyo.

There is doubles online, you just have to click tournament mode and choose 'doubles'.
Are you talking about the demo here? Because it doesn't actually give the option to play when doubles is selected.

"You can play this in the full version of the game, too!"
Great wording, nintendo!

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is there a decent variety of courts and music in the game? I'm enjoying the gameplay here but already sick of playing the same court with the same music.

Also how's the community? PRetty easy to find a game online?

Non stadium courts have their own music. Community is fine at points (new character releases etc). Dunno about regular days

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Screw Mario Tennis, I'm in just for Tetris 99 lol. Hope I can win a freaking round this time! I appreciate Nintendo for doing this free week offers more and more often.