• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMmUXamntPI

https://aramajapan.com/news/musicvi...c-love-gets-music-video-after-35-years/98339/

Warner Music Japan has uploaded a short version of the music video for Mariya Takeuchi's viral hit "Plastic Love", 35 years after the song's original release.

This new music video was directed by Kyoutaro Hayashi, who visualizes the world of "Plastic Love" with his own interpretation, celebrating the era the song is a product of.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
interdasting

This song is pretty good although the rest of the album it originally belonged to wasn't the best.
Takeuchi put out a better album, Miss M, years before Variety. I think Variety suffers from stylistic over-saturation and, ironically, a lack of variety between songs (and I'm tempted to blame producer and husband Tatsuro Yamashita for that, but who knows).

Telegraph me when we get a music video for 4:00 AM by Ohnuki plz

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I was expecting more....? Was hoping for references to Bubble Economy Japan, huge phones, cash being waved around everywhere, huge hairstyles etc... I got a slightly better filmed karaoke backing video.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
This song needs to be on Spotify already. I don't know how successful Spotify is in Japan, but it feels like many Japanese music companies are too set in their old ways to release their stuff on streaming services internationally.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Short is b/s, but at least they didn't geolock it.

Guess they are saving that for the full version.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
This song needs to be on Spotify already. I don't know how successful Spotify is in Japan, but it feels like many Japanese music companies are too set in their old ways to release their stuff on streaming services internationally.

Signed up for Spotify like 9-10 years ago and there was almost no Japanese music on it, that I could find. Nowadays there's lots more variety with various bands, utaite, game osts etc. It's getting better bit by bit, but yeah get Plastic Love on there.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For a "viral hit", the actual song on youtube doesn't really have that many hits, relatively.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Weekend Fly to the Sun - Toshiki Kadomatsu

My man! Also, "Gold Digger".

In fact, I have just ordered this shirt.

ssrco%2Cmens_premium_t_shirt%2Cmens%2Cfafafa%3Aca443f4786%2Cfront%2Cartwork%2C210x230-bg%2Cf8f8f8.jpg

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The video that blew up is at 25M? Is that low by jpop standards?

For popular music on youtube I think it's only slightly eye-raising. We have standard trap nation stuff and esoteric stuff that routinely hit 10s of millions of views.

But now I know about the history of this song on youtube so the numbers we have now aren't particularly accurate.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried to get into Citypop after this went viral but it's mostly pretty wack imo, love this song tho