• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a new Rival Schools, please.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
12_darkstalkers01.jpg

Yes they are

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Power Stone vs Ps Allstars! that would be unexpected.

really hope its MVC, Tired of this anime stuff

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
SFV season 4 is expected, so:

LIKELY:

DBFZ S2
Tekken x Street Fighter

UNLIKELY:
Versus comes back in some form
VF comes back in some form
Rival Schools
Bloody Roar returns

PUT DOWN THE WEED:
And if Santa is real: MvC returns (this is pipe dream so it won't happen T_T). I miss Marvel.

I'm guessing Tekken x Street Fighter.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
TekkenXStreet Fighter, the one that should've happened all along.

Let's. Go.

I wish. Tekken characters always would've been a much better fit in a SF game than vice versa.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
The relatively low mentions of Virtua Fighter in this thread have me bummed. The king of the genre has somehow started to become irrelevant.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Given MarkMan's ties I'm going to assume it's Bandai Namco related so I'm guessing it'll either be DBFZ Season 2 or something Tekken related.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Jump Festa is the last major show of the year right? All those people saying One Piece FighterZ might be onto something...

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
TekkenXStreet Fighter, the one that should've happened all along.

Let's. Go.

I wish. Tekken characters always would've been a much better fit in a SF game than vice versa.

That's what SFxT was. Tekken x Street Fighter was meant to be a 3D Tekken-like with SF characters in it. If it were a thing, and I think it stopped being a thing like 3 years ago, it would be announced on Namco's turf - not Capcom's IMO.

To me the most likely thing here is Capcom's next fighting game project. Whether that's the shakey rumor of Marvel returning, Darkstalkers or SFVI. It feels like something beyond Season 4 of SFV could be happening sooner rather than later. Everyone seems to have forgot Ono was teasing a new project this year.

Street fighter v on the Switch and Xbox.. Cross platforms

It's my understanding that Capcom does not have the ability to do this anymore than, say, Platinum can bring Bayonetta 2 to PS4.

Sony was a funding partner on that game.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Another capcom style JoJo's game?
Bandai Namco owns the publishing rights to the JoJo franchise, so that is extremely unlikely.

Finally, Tekken x SF.
If only.

I'm guessing Tekken x Street Fighter.
Folks at Tekken Project are super hard at word on Tekken 7 season 2, and all the updates they have to release in the following weeks, not to mention they have to keep the game up to date during all the Tekken World Tour season (TWT 2019 has been confirmed last week).

I highly doubt some of them have begun anything on another game (even though we know they would not re-start TXSF from scratch). In fact, I think that if TXSF would come out, it would probably not be during this generation. That's just my guess.

Last edited:

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would really love to see a Capcom fighting game now that they seem to have gone back into capgod form

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
My best guesses, with absolutely no proof to back them up are:

SFV Season 4 features at least one Tekken character
Tekken x Street Fighter
Tatsunoko remaster

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
MarkMan is 100% talking about a Capcom announcement and there's a 95% chance he's talking about Street Fighter V. Y'all are going to be incredibly disappointed if you've convinced yourself otherwise. (Unfortunately, that will happen and people will come into the Street Fighter V Season 4 thread just to complain.)

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Must be from someone small enough that they would've been completely overshadowed at The Game Awards.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. The only way I can see this being a big announcement is if it's DBZF Season 2 and they intentionally withheld it from TGA for the trailer to premiere before the Broly movie starts in theaters

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
C'mon .hack//Versus 2.0 (w/remaster of the first one included)!! No one heres so much as considered THAT I bet!

Or maybe Mega Man: The Power Fighters 2 w/Mega Man characters from all the series brought together!

I'm liking the long awaited return of Ehrgeiz people been mentioning. Bringing Ingrid back to SF also!