• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...hoot-williams-got-less-than-1-000/1018351001/

Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million for reshooting his scenes in All the Money in the World, three people familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly about it tell USA TODAY, while Michelle Williams was paid an $80 per diem totaling less than $1,000.

That works out to Williams being paid less than 1% of her male co-star.
In December, Scott told USA TODAY that the undertaking was aided by the fact that "everyone did it for nothing."

The exchange went as follows:

RIDLEY SCOTT: "The whole reshoot was — in normal terms was expensive but not as expensive as you think. Because all of them, everyone did it for nothing."

USA TODAY: "Really?"

SCOTT: "No, I wouldn't get paid, I refused to get paid."

USA TODAY: "You didn't pay the actors more to do it?"

SCOTT: "No, they all came in free. Christopher had to get paid. But Michelle, no. Me, no. I wouldn't do that to — "

USA TODAY: "The crew, of course, did get paid?"

SCOTT: "Of course. "

USA TODAY has since learned Wahlberg's team actually negotiated a hefty fee, with the actor paid $1.5 million for his reshoots. Williams wasn't told.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If Williams didn't hold out for more, that doesn't really strike me as a sexist injustice. Producers aren't obligated to renegotiate terms with one actor because another strong-armed them.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh. It could be fine. Wahlberg might had given up an existing contract or passed a deal on one to fullfil a resort. Not to mention it could had been his agencies fault for wanting to get paid.

Title misleading since everyone else was doing it for free. (Possibly getting paid as little as they did for legal reasons).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Williams didn't hold out for more, that doesn't really strike me as a sexist injustice. Producers aren't obligated to renegotiate terms with one actor because another strong-armed them in negotiaions.
Williams has the same agency. It's going to be an issue because of that.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. It could be fine. Wahlberg might had given up an existing contract or passed a deal on one to fullfil a resort. Not to mention it could had been his agencies fault for wanting to get paid.

Title misleading since everyone else was doing it for free. (Possibly getting paid as little as they did for legal reasons).
Nobody passed on other work to do the reshoots. They were all available for them.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How about the fact that Wahlberg would've had to re-shoot a lot more scenes? As far as I can recall having seen it a few weeks ago, Williams has only a couple of scenes with Plummer.

Chaparral

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
And man, Lee Chaerin just got put into an acting role alongside this douchebag.

A strong Asian woman, working alongside a known racist who blinded an old Vietnamese man just because he could. 2018's really started off with a bang.

OP
OP
Sibersk Esto

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

They both have the same agency

Shuri

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reshoots are serious business for actors because they usually have many contracts lined up one after the other, so having to do reshoots can come in conflicts with other projects and it can get pretty messy for the production, for the actors, for the agents, for everybody involved, theres even insurances for that.

She can only blame her agent or whoever handled her contract for that movie.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
How about the fact that Wahlberg would've had to re-shoot a lot more scenes? As far as I can recall having seen it a few weeks ago, Williams has only a couple of scenes with Plummer.

Yeah having seen the movie Wahlberg had to reshoot several major scenes. Williams only had to do reaction shots. I honestly can't remember if her and Plummer were on screen together at all.

The extreme disparity is still shitty.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Did Wahlberg have to reshoot over 1000x as many scenes as Williams?
I never said it's entirely fair, but given the number of scenes he probably had to re-shoot, and just how overall popular he is and the amount of work he gets, this isn't too surprising.
Yeah having seen the movie Wahlberg had to reshoot several major scenes. Williams only had to do reaction shots. I honestly can't remember if her and Plummer were on screen together at all.

The extreme disparity is still shitty.
If I recall correctly, their only scenes together are:

1.) When they first meet Plummer at the start of the movie, when the kids are very young.

2.) During the fallout of the divorce, as she fights for custody in the meeting with the lawyers.

I honestly think that's it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
and very likely had other shoots on his schedule that had to be pushed/canceled, so it makes plenty of sense.
He did not. It was reported at the time by trades like Variety and THR that both Wahlberg and Williams were free, which is they were able to pull off the reshoots so quickly in the first place.

I never said it's entirely fair, but given the number of scenes he probably had to re-shoot, and just how overall popular he is and the amount of work he gets, this isn't too surprising.

He was on set for literally a few days. Unless he shot a trilogy's worth of reshoots, there is no way the number of scenes he was involved with amount to being paid that much more.

MrBoBo

Nov 6, 2017
That's ridiculous. Even just ignoring the whole man/woman thing, she's plainly better at the job of acting.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can tell who has seen and who hasn't seen the movie considering the number of scenes which required reshoots. Still, the agency should have gotten some more for Michelle

Bobby

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Portland
I know who Marky Mark is. I don't know who she is.

The Farter, arbiter of true Hollywood worth.

Shit looks bad, btw. Like, massively unfair. If everyone else worked for scale to get it done but Wahlberg, sure - he & his agent (who is Williams' agent as well, I believe) made a good deal for Wahlberg.

Still makes him look like a fuckin' turd.

Which he is.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If they both held out for alot of money and they paid him but not her then yeah this is a major problem.

But if he held out and she didn't then I have no issues here.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds more like Wahlberg just had better negotiators on his side, like I could see everyone else saying "yeah, fuck Kevin Spacey, I'll do it for minimal rates just too get him out of this movie I wanna be proud of" but Wahlberg was probably "... I don't work for free, you want my time you pay me I don't really care if this movie releases or if Kevin Spacey is in it."

Moral of the story: don't work for free, save your free work for charity not for big studios, companies, etc.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The 4 time Oscar nominated, Golden Globe winning, actor made less than the guy who lead the funky bunch?

Chaparral

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not only is he a hack, he's a shitty person

Lets remind people.

As they were walking, defendants Michael Guilfoyle, Derek Furkart, Mark Wahlberg, and another white male began to follow them on bicycles. One of the defendants said to the Colemans, "We don't like black niggers in the neighborhood so get the fuck away from the area." The group of white males then chased the Colemans, using their mopeds.

During the chase, the group of white males yelled, "Kill the nigger, kill the nigger," and each threw a rock at the Coleman brothers and sister.

Wahlberg was carrying a large wooden stick, approximately five feet long and two to three inches in diameter. Wahlberg approached Thanh Lam calling him a "Vietnam fucking shit," then hit him over the head with the stick. Thanh Lam was knocked to the ground unconscious. The stick broke in two and was later recovered from the scene.

After police arrested Wahlberg... he stated: "You don't have to let him identify me, I'll tell you now that's the mother-fucker who's head I split open," or words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.