• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
mv5bndhhnjkwyjutyzc2oc00nzc5ltkxmzetyzcwnzu5mmjjnz_by_edmonddantes9285_ddcab6n-pre.jpg

The upcoming "Lord of the Rings" series at Amazon has made its first casting decision.

Variety has learned from multiple sources that Markella Kavenagh is in talks for a role in the upcoming epic fantasy series. Details of Kavenagh's characters are being kept under wraps, but sources say she would be playing a character named Tyra.

Kavenagh is known for having previously starred in the sequel series to the Australian film "Romper Stomper" as well as for roles in the shows "Picnic at Hanging Rock" and "The Cry." She is repped by Silver Lining Entertainment.

'Tyra' is probably a placeholder name, and she'll actually be playing a Numenorean or maybe even a younger Galadriel.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I'm unfamiliar with her work but she seems like a solid choice?
A solid choice yes and seems to confirm the following rumour from Reddit a few months ago:

"Auditions are well underway for the show and I've been told that four names in an audition script are Eldien, Beldor, Aric and Tyra. These could likely be fake names for audition purposes or real names to be used in the show. Wish I could have found out more about the contents of the audition script."

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not familiar with her at all, but hey, it's great we're finally getting casting announcements.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Too bad Lee Pace already got used for Thranduil. Guy would be an amazing Annatar.