• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr is a mouthful of a title, but the pitch is a pretty simple and compelling one. It's Diablo, but set in the Warhammer 40k universe. After an Early Access launch last year, the game was set for a final release in May, but that date's been pushed back a month.

You'll now get the 1.0 release on June 5. In a Steam update, the developers say they were running behind on getting the console versions finalized in time for the original May 11 date, necessitating the delay. To keep the multi-platform launch intact, the PC version is also getting delayed, but they'll spend the extra weeks polishing up that version. That "means that the game will be in a much better shape at release."

As apology for the delay, the developers are dedicating to some ridiculous crunch while making up their time. "We promise we'll push this extra three weeks in 90+ hours per week so it'll be very-very useful for Martyr."
https://www.pcgamesn.com/warhammer-.../warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr-release-date
This's fucked up. Crunching in this industry is reaching insane heights with no end in sight.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, this should not be expected of developers.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
That's dumb. How many times does it have to be proven that the time saved by crunch is spent in fixing the errors caused by crunch for it to sink in?

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'd rather they work 40 quality hours a week than 90 caffeine/adderall induces ones.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
When people say "a week", how many days are we talking? 7 or 5 (monday to friday)?

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
wut? just don't do this, there's no justification for 90 hours/week and there never will be.

Stop. This crunch culture is E V I L.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Wtf... Don't give the bottle to the babies like that, devs!
I think this comments greatly both on American workweek ethics as well as gamer's entitlement.

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
Ridiculous. Don't do this to yourselves.

There is no reason for crunch like this. It makes your work sloppier and costs you more in the long run. Your health is worth more.

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Why even tell us that? That's so obviously fucked up sounding. I'd rather they delay it longer than a month than think they are slaving away at the risk of their own personal health just to get the game to us sooner. That's stupid.

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
who tf are they "apologizing" to? Strange way to frame this crunch. Also, don't do that. delay it more or something.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
This is like when yakuza members cut off their pinky, except somehow socially allowed in gamedev culture.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine that this announcement was made by some higher-up, while most/all of the devs who will actually do the crunch are watching the announcement going "oh fucking hell no".

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why even tell us that? That's so obviously fucked up sounding. I'd rather they delay it longer than a month than think they are slaving away at the risk of their own personal health just to get the game to us sooner. That's stupid.

This.

But look how much shit From has gotten on here for the delay of a Switch port of a seven-year old game--called incompetent and all kinds of shit. A small subset of gamers are a ridiculous entitled and toxic bunch of worthless human beings. And devs feel a need to pander to them, especially for non-mainstream IPs that need every sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.