• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
avengerssysreqs6pkik.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
Digital Foundry (English; beta build)
GameGPU (Russian; beta build)
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Install High-res Texture Pack DLC: Click the "Manage My 1 DLC" button in your library and tick the box, or right-click the game in your library -> select "Properties" -> switch to the "DLC" tab -> tick the box.
Increase frame rate cap on >60Hz displays: Enable exclusive fullscreen and change the refresh rate setting to reflect your desired cap. (Credit to Yippiekai.)
Skip launcher: Add -nolauncher as a launch argument. (Credit to TioChuck.)
Mitigate frame rate drops (1): Lower the VFX quality setting. (Credit to aka Bueno.)
Mitigate frame rate drops (2): While the game is running, install and run Process Lasso, right-click avengers.exe, navigate to CPU affinity -> Always, and disable CPU 0. Be sure to click "No" when exiting Process Lasso so that the rule is automatically applied to future instances of the game. (Credit to Kylka.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Brightness: Self-explanatory
HDR: Off/On(?)
HDR calibration: ???
Resolution: Self-explanatory
Fullscreen (i.e. borderless window mode): Off/On
Exclusive fullscreen (i.e. traditional fullscreen): Off/On
Monitor: Self-explanatory
Refresh rate: Self-explanatory
Vsync: Off; Half refresh rate; Off

Anti-aliasing: Off; SMAA; TAA
AMD FidelityFX CAS: Off/On
Dynamic resolution scaling: Off; 30fps; 60fps

Preset: Lowest; Low; Medium; High; Very High
Screen-space reflections: Off; On; SSSR
Motion blur: Off/On
Bloom: Off/On
Volumetric lighting: Off/On
Ambient occlusion: Off; SSAO; HBAO+
Level of detail: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra
Shadow quality: Off; Low; High; Very High; Ultra
Screen-space contact shadows: Off/On

Tessellation: Off/On
Particle lights: Medium/High
Depth of field: Off; Low; High; Very High
Texture filtering: Trilinear; 2x anisotropic; 4x anisotropic; 8x anisotropic; 16x anisotropic
Texture quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Lens flares: Off/On
Screen effects: Off/On

Last edited:

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Why is this demo as big as some full games? I'm looking at almost 50 gigs for the base beta and the texture pack. Is this a COD-style fuckery? Currently downloading the whole thing and will report back with perfs.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this demo as big as some full games? I'm looking at almost 50 gigs for the base beta and the texture pack. Is this a COD-style fuckery? Currently downloading the whole thing and will report back with perfs.
Well, the full game is over 100gb

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting from the beta thread

Game definitely has some sort of load streaming issue on PC, at least in the first mission for sure. Multiple times it locked up before loading eventually and then once I got to Cap it just froze completely. Not the best first impression.

MrAlderson

Apr 19, 2018
For some reason the devs have decided to lock the settings menu while in game at least on the A day opening

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i wonder if its compiling shaders or something in the background, quite stuttery in the opening with a 8700k+2080
at 1440p, default settings which seems to set everything to high, it runs.... eh. Drops to 45 fps here and there but generally in the 60-70 range. But graphically it doesn't really wow me in any way.

Tbh this is roughly what I expected - nixxes ports usually offer great selection of options but i never got the impression they ran super well, both ROTTR and Mankind Divided was known for stuttering issues and fps drops at launch

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
i wonder if its compiling shaders or something in the background, quite stuttery in the opening with a 8700k+2080
at 1440p, default settings which seems to set everything to high, it runs.... eh. Drops to 45 fps here and there but generally in the 60-70 range. But graphically it doesn't really wow me in any way.

Yeah, I think that's the case. I just deleted my save, as I inadvertently triggered a cutscene and lost an opportunity to save a citizen, and the opening cutscene for the first mission didn't stutter at all, whereas previously it briefly locked up two or three times.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
game crashed a second time during the tutorial, gave me this error:

EF0lSB9.jpg

running the game on a 1070 TI with very high settings (shadows on high). Updating the drivers now to see if that fixes things.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017

EF0lSB9.jpg

running the game on a 1070 TI with very high settings (shadows on high). Updating the drivers now to see if that fixes things.
Check Event Viewer under Warnings/Display and see if your display driver crashed.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Runs like complete ass for me so far. Got stuck trying to load the first mission for a while and it seems to keep getting stuck during gameplay. Completely freezes and audio stutters while it waits to catch up

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
CPU usage just randomly spikes to 100% when the game has to load anything which leads to stuttering.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
third crash to desktop. Had already updated the drivers and changed the graphics settings to High with shadows on low. Game seems broken

Peter4331

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Well fuck, this is making me not want to use my beta key. If anyone wants it just reply to this message.

Edit - key given away

Last edited:

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Ya'll with stutters using an SSD or nah?
Nah I'm on an HDD, wasn't able to free up space on my SSD

And yeah when it's not loading it seems fine, but I'm in the tutorial and it keeps stuttering and freezing a few times each time I take control of a new character or get to a new segment of the level. Hopefully it eases up when I'm in a proper mission

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
So the game stutters during cutscenes because they hide load times not a good look...
Apart from that the game runs great but hasn't any options to go further than 60fps.
And I had a weird bug when I pressed the button to go to the skill screen, all controls but the cursors where unresponsive with no way to quit except alt-f4.
That and the awful install size may make me wait for either the ps5 version or a sale.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely think the compiling shaders theory is correct. The longer I play it the better it seems to run. The second mission has been pretty problem-free so far.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
So the game stutters during cutscenes because they hide load times not a good look...
Apart from that the game runs great but hasn't any options to go further than 60fps.
And I had a weird bug when I pressed the button to go to the skill screen, all controls but the cursors where unresponsive with no way to quit except alt-f4.
That and the awful install size may make me wait for either the ps5 version or a sale.

Put the game on exclusive fullscreen and you can define up to 144hz on the launcher options.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If it is a loading issue then it's not quite as dire as it seemed at first. Definitely exacerbated by the fact that the first mission is loading a lot in a short time period.

lol now that I'm looking for it, every time without fail that I get a stutter I see the loading icon in the bottom left

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020

EF0lSB9.jpg

Are you running any overlays? Mine crashed when I enabled the Steam overlay and gave the exact same message.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After an initial crash it behaved.

No microstutters so far but the fps can tank down to the 30s in a cutscene. The hidden loading seems to be responsible.

I get between high 50s and low 70s on average.

i9900k
32gb ddr4 @3200mhz
SSD
1440p unlocked fps

Everything on max + better textures

Put the game on exclusive fullscreen and you can define up to 144hz on the launcher options.

Up to 240 on mine.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Overall I think I had a better experience with the frame rate and such on PS4 Pro last weekend. This seems a little all over the place. I'll keep testing for sure.

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
Can't even finish Thor section in the tutorial. Game just constantly crashing after few minutes.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Seeing the issues in this topic, I might be in the lucky bunch so far because it runs as smooth as I hoped.
Only on High right now with a 2080/Ryzen 5 3600 combo and having a steady 80 to 100 FPS. Might tinker a bit tonight in order to up those graphics.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just had the game lock up a second time. In the second mission using a Hulk finisher. Had to hard close it in the Task Manager.

This seems like a shitty port.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting black artifacting while playing? If it flicks to a in or out of cutscene or enable photo mode manually seems to snap out of it. Running on 1080ti

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I tried to quit and then the next thing started up I don't know if that's a loading problem or what.

I'm in the initial Thor combat scenario right now, has anyone else had problems with it recognizing a controller? If nothing else it at least looks like you can't switch back and forth on the fly.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the issues in this topic, I might be in the lucky bunch so far because it runs as smooth as I hoped.
Only on High right now with a 2080/Ryzen 5 3600 combo and having a steady 80 to 100 FPS. Might tinker a bit tonight in order to up those graphics.

Ditto.

No issues playing through the first mission so far. No stutters or any abnormal issues. I haven't installed the high res texture pack yet though (forgot) but I do have all the settings maxed out at 1440p (OC'd 3800X, 2080 Super) and installed on HDD (no space on SSD). I did do an integrity check on files last night but aside from that. I guess I got lucky.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Okay I tried to quit and then the next thing started up I don't know if that's a loading problem or what.

I'm in the initial Thor combat scenario right now, has anyone else had problems with it recognizing a controller? If nothing else it at least looks like you can't switch back and forth on the fly.

I played the Thor part with a controller and switched to the mouse for the Iron Man flying part.
I also switched from an Xbox 360 controller to a PS4 while playing (unplugging the 360 and plugging the PS4 during combat) without any issues.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3900x, 2080Ti, 1440p, maxed out

80-100fps

Finished the San Francisco Intro and the Hulk level. No problems so far.