• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I just have to go back and clean out the remaining crimes in each district. There's too goddamn many of them honestly.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Because the game is amazingly fun to just swing around and waste time in, and because there's not difficulty related trophies, this will likely be my first Platinum as well. Working on it now.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
It is the first and only game I have Platinum in and it's partially because it's trophies are fairly straight forward and the game was really enjoyable to play. With most games by the time I get close to the end, in a way I look forward to it being over. With Spider Man I never had that and would gladly have kept playing.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Very impressive. This and HZD are the only two games I bothered to go for the platinum.

HZD is just gorgeous to look at and Spider-man just feels so good when swinging.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Surprised that many people grinded through all the district crimes. I mean, I did it, but it was the last thing I did and it felt like it too forever.

Didn't feel like a grind at all to me and this is only my third platinum. I had all of the side activities completed before the final few missions by just cleaning up as I went along. I think Insomniac needs a lot of credit for how chill they designed their open world to be.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped going for achievements back in the 360 days but I actually wanted to hit the plat on this since I loved the game so much and it was a really easy one. However, I fucked up real bad by buying a bunch of shit that I didn't need, which meant I didn't have enough challenge tokens for the suits and if I wanted to buy them all, I needed to hit gold on each challenge. I just needed the all suits things and I would've gotten Plat, oh well.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's a pretty easy game to platinum and I appreciate that. I would never have done it if it required perfect scores on all side stuff or beating it on a higher difficulty.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Its just so much fun being Spidey. Webbing round the city is a breeze and makes the side activities much more attractive.
I loved Assassin's Creed Origins, but fuck traversing that gigantic map for all the side activities. They should have given Bayek flying powers for the post game.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's either the first or second Plat I've ever gotten, and totally unintentionally.

Pathetically easy to the point of not really having a purpose? A participation "trophy" if I've ever seen one. You don't even have to get gold in all the Taskmaster challenges, for one, or ace all the bases, or take all the secret photos. Just..do the bare minimum.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I never trophy hunt (have only ever done it once and that was for God of War this year, because how I played through it normally got me so close anyway), and I'm like 1 or 2 fairly simple trophies off getting the platinum for this. I'd say the ease of getting it plays a big part in this.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Shenmue 1 sitting at 11%. Since I'm done with DQ11, I'm ready for Spider Man, probably my third platinum these days after the Shenmue duo.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
I strongly feel that trophies are usually way harder than they should be because developers vastly overestimate how loved their game will be by players.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
The game simply never stops being fun to play.

"15 minutes earlier..."

mary-jane-1124083.jpeg

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's super easy, I wish it would have required players to unlock a difficulty related platinum and I promise you that percentage would not have been as high.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
It's an easy Platinum compared to other games. It's a bit of a grind with all the crimes in each neighborhood but it's very doable.

Got mine last week :)

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
They need to make platinums easier like this game or at least give out some sort of rewards for going through all the bs.

Oct 25, 2017

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I done fucked up with how I spent my challenge tokens and can't be arsed to do a second full playthrough. I'm just hanging & swinging collecting the crimes stuff now so it'll be like GoW where I'm a trophy short (fuck the ravens, lol) of the plat.

I'm currently doing this to get the Platinum for God of War and it's literally sucking the desire to ever play this game again right out of me. It's a miserable experience and the worst type of trophy; a pity since the rest of the trophies are actually fun to get. The Niflheim trophy for example was really enjoyable.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Will probably not get the plat in this game because of the crimes, they are pretty garbage side content imo.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man that district crime is rough. At first it was easy just need 10 each, after that it doubled and get tedious real fast.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
That's very high for an open world game with those sales. I do want to check this game out at one point, it's all the talk with those around me so I feel like I'm missing out!

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I liked that this was an easy 100% and I didn't have to do any BS trophy hunting. More games should do this.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
PSN profiles has only data from registered users which suffice to say they are usually Trophy hunters so it should not be regarded when it comes to Platinum rates discussion. GoW has a 5.5% Platinum completion on the accurate PSN.

Ah. Apologies then. I thought a while back ago, they said that a good number of PS4 owners did play and beat GoW with all trophies and that number went up since then.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm helping bring down that %. I beat it, enjoyed the fuck out of it, but don't care about trophies or achievements. Sorry :(

That's awesome though, I'm glad a lot of people are really enjoying it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Pretty impresssive considering how awfully grindy the random crimes are. 165 is so fucking excessive with how little variation there is.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
I don't care about trophies but even I platniumed this one, I just liked the game so much I didn't want to stop.

I played on the hardest difficulty as well which I never do, I didn't find it hard though

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Up there with Gravity Rush Remastered for me.

lol, one of my biggest gripes with the game for sure. I appreciate the attempt to change things up but the MJ and Miles gameplay didn't jive with me much at all.

Should've kept the 1st and last ones of her stealth missions, dropped the Peter science puzzles and given them to her in the form of the Life is Strange S1 investigation puzzle.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't typically care for trophies, but I enjoyed the gameplay and swinging around so much I just wanted to complete all the changes checkboxes the game had.

Can't wait for the DLC, I sort of hope they add some more side content as well as the story stuff.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Apologies then. I thought a while back ago, they said that a good number of PS4 owners did play and beat GoW with all trophies and that number went up since then.

Yeah a lot of people did finish GoW. It's sitting at 55% completion on psn which is insanely high. Platinum numbers are much lower though. For conparison, Spider Man has 47% completion rught now.

Oct 25, 2017
Should've kept the 1st and last ones of her stealth missions, dropped the Peter science puzzles and given them to her in the form of the Life is Strange S1 investigation puzzle.
Yeah, that last one with Spidey was cool. I also think they should have made them her own thing. Doing what you suggested is a good start, for example.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a testament to how fun the game is. Yes it's a really easy platinum to get but you still have to go well out of your way to get 100% and with the random crimes it's something you do have to grind a little bit for. It's not like a telltale game where you get the plat just for playing it. People are enjoying the game enough to go out of their way for the platinum.