• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
We're also excited today to reveal that Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be arriving on both PS5 and PS4.

Yes, that's right, we know that some of you may transition to PS5 at different times, which it was why it was important to us to release the latest title in the Marvel's Spider-Man universe on both consoles.

The standard edition will be available digitally on the PlayStation Store or physically at your local retailer for $49.99.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales also supports a next-gen upgrade path, so even if you aren't ready to upgrade to PS5 just yet, there's nothing stopping you from buying the PS4 version and enjoying the game alongside everyone else at launch. While it doesn't have the enhancements made possible by the console in the PS5 version, the game still looks beautiful on PS4 and PS4 Pro, and you can rest easy that when you do make the jump to PS5, the game comes with you.

blog.playstation.com

See the Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales new gameplay demo

Coming to PS5 and PS4; PS5 Ultimate Edition detailed.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't help but be disappointed it's also coming to PS4. Also I can't believe I thought so much that Sony wasn't doing cross gen, now anything is possible.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Everyone screaming about how it looked nothing like a PS4 game just got BTFO. It was obvious what this was built off of from the start.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Holding back next gen

it was dumb with Xbox and it's dumb here.

zink120

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I love that the game is comming to PS4. The game is important, not the graphic. Spider-man is a beautiful game on PS4. MM look so fun !

Rafroel

Oct 28, 2017
Anything stopping me from buying the *presumably* cheaper PS4 version, but playing it on my PS5, with all the bells and whistles?

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
kinda disappointed it's cross-get after all

what's the version to get if you want it for PS5 but already own the OG game?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, and people were soooooooo sure that it was PS5 only. Not that it matters, game looked absolutely insane.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
There's thousands of people on this site owe people apologies about cross gen.

My son will be delighted he gets to play it as am I.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
So this no longer counts, right? PS4 is holding it back? ;)

Just teasing, a good move for all fans. Including the remastered campaign is also nice as someone who will be playing for first time on PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I thought they said MM was going to be next gen only, regardless I don't care still getting that Deluxe with the remaster day 1.

Although it looks like Sony first party games will probably not get next gen upgrades for free going off this.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
It's on PS4 too? 🤔
tenor.gif

At least more people get to play it.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
YES

my biggest reason for buying a PS5 is now gone, which is good b/c I'm broke. I'll do a replay of both when I eventually get my hands on a PS5