• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they wouldnt be secret anymore

You misunderstand me, I don't like that when you put the mod on it only shows the location of the photo location on the mini map rather than on the main map.

So the only way to find them if I randomly swing round and see the icon on the mini map, it seems a bit dumb to me.

It should just automatically give you the photos fuck doing any work at all

Well I did work hard to get to level 50 and I also worked hard to get the tokens for it, so yeah it should. ;p

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
You misunderstand me, I don't like that when you put the mod on it only shows the location of the photo location on the mini map rather than on the main map.

So the only way to find them if I randomly swing round and see the icon on the mini map, it seems a bit dumb to me.

Well I did work hard to get to level 50 and I also worked hard to get the tokens for it, so yeah it should. ;p
I know what you are saying. If they showed it on the main map, they wouldnt be secret anymore. You would just be going to those locations on the map

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Why I can't stop staring at his butt?

tumblr_lira4ha9lv1qcacocj3.jpg

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The lack of new game plus and ultimate mode is rather perplexing to me.

I mean I dont want to get my hopes up and expect too much but surely if they were just allowing you to keep your suits/gadgets and increasing enemy damage it would be done by now?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Platinumed Spider-Man the other day. Pretty fun. I'm definitely in there for a sequel. I must say though I hated Peter's face...also the "special" stealth sequences sucked...also Jameson is still great.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
so, the dlc will be out in 2 weeks. should we expect a (second) trailer before? more infos? previews?

Dec 12, 2017
Platinum'd over the weekend. I think an option to replay story missions would be greatly appreciated, as I'd love to show my dad the helicopter scene from E3 2017.

As you start to grind out the platinum towards the end, you start to see the repetitive design of the game show a little bit. I love this combat system a lot (even more than Arkham), but I wish there were more different things to do. Gotta think up more interesting things to do as spiderman besides swing and fight bad guys...I actually really enjoyed the stealth challenges as Spidey...MORE OF THAT PLEASE.

Less MJ / Miles though. Those sequences were extremely easy, but could have been passed on.

Also, maybe spread out the boss fights a little more...could have used some early in the game to break up the pacing.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Finished it last night, thought it was fantastic overall and better than any Arkham game.

The story is now my favorite Spider-Man story in any TV/movie/video game media.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, ahaha, I finished the story, grinded for all the suits and I was like "What else can I unlock?". Suit Mods, and I also had 2 gadgets left to unlock and when I did I just then found out you could upgrade them, lol. I miss obvious stuff like this a lot.

One thing that some people may have gotten screwed over is using Challenge tokens to upgrade gadgets. If you use too many of those challenge tokens on gadget upgrades, it gets hard to unlock all the suits, and getting all the suits is a key trophy - which essentially means you'll need to finish Spectacular on more of the challenges to get the Platinum trophy.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys

I love the game and simply going through the city is a blast

However I feel like I'm may be playing the game wrong, I'm at the mission right after the museum one (which is early in the game) and I feel like I did way too many optional stuff, I have like nearly all the backpacks for instance.

Should I get ahead in the story before doing more optional stuff ? I fear I'll get fatigue if I don't get upgrades. Thanks

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
One thing that some people may have gotten screwed over is using Challenge tokens to upgrade gadgets. If you use too many of those challenge tokens on gadget upgrades, it gets hard to unlock all the suits, and getting all the suits is a key trophy - which essentially means you'll need to finish Spectacular on more of the challenges to get the Platinum trophy.
Thank God for my cluelessness! I could never get Ultimate on a Drone Challenge, nor do I have the patience to do so. Combat could be feasible, but also a little frustrating.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
What are some good suit mod builds? I've just been using the slow time one, the perfect dodge + attack one, and the electrify enemies one.

I'm also highly surprised on how much I ended up enjoying the main white spider Spider-suit, its one of my favorites in the game alongside Nior and white 2099.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys

I love the game and simply going through the city is a blast

However I feel like I'm may be playing the game wrong, I'm at the mission right after the museum one (which is early in the game) and I feel like I did way too many optional stuff, I have like nearly all the backpacks for instance.

Should I get ahead in the story before doing more optional stuff ? I fear I'll get fatigue if I don't get upgrades. Thanks

I think I had all the backpacks by that point, it just depends how you want to play. For example more optional things unlock as you play the game, so right now you're not seeing all the optional stuff in the game. If you are fearing fatigue, I would suggest to break it up between story and optional stuff every once in a while.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God for my cluelessness! I could never get Ultimate on a Drone Challenge, nor do I have the patience to do so. Combat could be feasible, but also a little frustrating.

The combat challenges are quite easy to get cap, just use the Spider-Bro ability and use drones and itll be over before you kniw it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
You know what really kills the pacing in this game.

The stealth missions. I'm hoping Miles becomes Spider-boy by the end of this because it will be one less character in the sequel to saddle me with stealth missions. Actually, I pray there are none in the DLC

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Heh, didn't realize Peter has the same VA as Yosuke from Persona 4, and Yuri is Mitsuru from Persona 3. Their voices sounded so familiar but couldn't quite place them until now lol. Also really liking the voice acting so far.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The stealth missions with MJ and Miles are so choreographed and easy I don't get all the frustration. Not to mention they're also like 5-10 minutes long. Basically 1 hour of this 30+ hour game is spent doing them.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully new game plus arrives before RDR2.

It's supposed to arrive just before the first DLC on Tuesday October 23rd.

My guess is Friday October 19th or sometime that week.

So possibly a week before RDR2 and the DLC is 3 days before RDR2.

I'm excited, by the time RDR2 comes out I'll be playing Spider-Man (New Game+ and the first DLC), Forza Horizon 4 and RDR2. All 3 amazing open world games with their own unique gameplay. I'm in heaven.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Ohh, wait, is the Backpack with the balloon drawing a reference to the Balloon mini-game in Spider-Man 2? I never played that game, but pretty cool if that's the case. Love all the little details the game has.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ohh, wait, is the Backpack with the balloon drawing a reference to the Balloon mini-game in Spider-Man 2? I never played that game, but pretty cool if that's the case. Love all the little details the game has.

Haha it is and I burst out saying "those fucking balloons" when I got that backpack and giggled.

So many nice touches.

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
The stealth missions with MJ and Miles are so choreographed and easy I don't get all the frustration. Not to mention they're also like 5-10 minutes long. Basically 1 hour of this 30+ hour game is spent doing them.

Gotta agree with you on this one. Before playing the game people talked up these sections like they made the second half miserable. I thought they were pretty simple, not difficult, and didn't really take anything away from the rest of the game. Did they enhance the game? Not in my opinion, but I understand the use of them for pacing.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually loved the MJ stealth missions since every now and then she would say something about her time with Peter. For instant I forget when but she mentions having to play nurse MJ a couple of times after a fight. Little tidbits like these really instill the point that Peter gets hurt a lot and I love we get to see that, the movies don't do the character as much justice as this game has for me.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Heh, didn't realize Peter has the same VA as Yosuke from Persona 4, and Yuri is Mitsuru from Persona 3. Their voices sounded so familiar but couldn't quite place them until now lol. Also really liking the voice acting so far.
Peter's voice actor is named Yuri. And he's married to the actress that voiced Yuri. So Yuri is talking to Yuri who is married to Yuri.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
You can pretty much run through most too, even on the highest difficulty. I liked a couple and thought the others where just whatever, too short to really bother me. I do hope they are more like a point and click adventures, than mediocre stealth missions in a sequel though. And going from the massive freedom of Spidey, to the feeling of being so tiny with MJ and Miles was really cool, the City section especially will stick with me for awhile, felt so small and then felt so powerful when I could jump entire blocks again.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Peter's voice actor is named Yuri. And he's married to the actress that voiced Yuri. So Yuri is talking to Yuri who is married to Yuri.

Haha yeah I was listening to the last Bombcast where I think one of them mentioned this. Out of curiousity looked up the voice actors online after that and found out they were both in the Persona series.

I'm still surprised at myself for not recognizing that was Yosuke the first time I heard Peter speak lol. It just seems super obvious now.

Rogue

Nov 7, 2017
Behind you
I'm pretty sure there's a tutorial where you have to upgrade one of the gadgets.

I don't recall one, and I played through twice.

The first time I was wondering why my friends had the trophy for upgrades when I was much farther along the story than them and I didn't.

I thought it would come along over the course of play, but I was well past them. Second time I looked for it and never saw a prompt about it.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Oh man, beat all the saber outposts... a few of them gave me a real good fighting challenge.... Alright, back to story missions now and to finish the game... can't beat too far now.