• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Finished the game a moment ago. My thoughts:

-Good story, maybe it puts too emphasis in certain villain and rushes the ending sections, but it felt better than any Spiderman movie. The characters are likeable and the main cast has a good progression.
-Good graphics and animations, the city looks amazing (shame it has no real-time night-day cycle though) and there are lots of details and references.
-Traversal and combat are good, but a little bit repetitive at the end. Stealth is too simplistic, the "special" stealth sections are even more basic and boring.
-Side content is trash, only a few activites that are repeated over and over again. Worst aspect of the game by far.
-Music fits perfectly the game, and the VA is great.

7/10 or so, solid game with good production values and a really fun proposition, but at the end lacks anything great and needs engaging side content to justify its open-world nature.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Hey guys

I love the game and simply going through the city is a blast

However I feel like I'm may be playing the game wrong, I'm at the mission right after the museum one (which is early in the game) and I feel like I did way too many optional stuff, I have like nearly all the backpacks for instance.

Should I get ahead in the story before doing more optional stuff ? I fear I'll get fatigue if I don't get upgrades. Thanks

There's TONS of optional side stuff aside from backpacks. My suggestion to alleviate some of the "fatigue" is to finish all the crimes in each region before continuing progression. This helps the pacing quite a bit and actually incentivizes exploration.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pissed I think I have been spoiled something endgame for the game by YouTube thumbnails

Something like a secret ending with Venom

Frankly YouTube wtf when will there be an option to select a spoiler for a video or make it so I don't get spoiled ? It doesn't make me want to use your site.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pissed I think I have been spoiled something endgame for the game by YouTube thumbnails

Something like a secret ending with Venom

Frankly YouTube wtf when will there be an option to select a spoiler for a video or make it so I don't get spoiled ? It doesn't make me want to use your site.

Its really not as much of a spoiler as you might think

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY loved the Fisk construction site base side missions, the ones on top of buildings. Totally made me feel like Spiderman swinging around and taking dudes out. If I was spotted I could just swing around to the other side of the building and wait it out.
So much better than the Arkham games gameplay wise.
The indoors stuff or ground level bases though... Eh.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
All right, just beat
Vulture and Electro

That was a solid encounter. How much longer till I'm finished?

This is certainly the best game I've played in a while, but after finishing all the outposts, I'm just about done with the combat, despite how fluid and exciting it is

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All right, just beat
Vulture and Electro

That was a solid encounter. How much longer till I'm finished?

This is certainly the best game I've played in a while, but after finishing all the outposts, I'm just about done with the combat, despite how fluid and exciting it is
Maybe, like 5 to 8 story missions left.

Elysiums

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
My new wallpaper.. can't wait for the new features added soon to photomode and New game+

30275000267_de25f1b04a_o.png

Tamath

Oct 31, 2017
Vienna, Austria
I've been chipping away at this game as my free time allows since I bought it last Friday and I have to say it really rubbed me up the wrong way when I first started. The combat tutorial almost went by a little too fast for me (which is not a complain I regularly have - if anything, it's the opposite) and after bumbling my way to the Kingpin fight he proceeded to smash my face in over and over again. I felt like Spidey was a little too squishy to have that come at you so early in the game (playing on Normal) when you're still working out how the hell everything works. Granted, I generally don't go for third person adventure/superhero games (not played any Assassin's Creeds, not played any of the Rocksteady Batmans) so people more experienced in this area probably adjusted much faster than I did. I actually only got the game as the hype was so huge I ended up relenting and thought I'd give it a try. I enjoyed web-swinging right off the bat, but combat frustrated me until about 2-3 hours into the game when it finally started to click and I was no longer a football for Brute type enemies or a magnet for rockets.

Now I have 35% completion (still a ways to go) and I'm enjoying all aspects of the game! It just took a little while in my case.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Hey wait a minute, that part where Spidey parkours through that crowded building and then web smashes through the window from that one gif was never in the game :/.

Probably for the best. Spider-Man would have to be a pretty big asshole to ruin all of those people's meals/drinks and then break the window of that business with absolutely no intention of paying for it. He can't even pay his own bills. He probably spilled a bunch of shit all over those innocent people and it didn't even look like he was doing anything important. He was just showing off his parkour skills at the expense of everyone around him. What a dick.

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Think I may wait until all 3 DLCs are out and play them around Christmas. Will be too into RDR2 to deviate, I think.

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone experiencing constant crashing with this game? Can barely play 5 mins without a crash - making the game totally unplayable.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
How far am I through the game? (I don't trust the percentage I'm not a mad man)

Just found the plans for truck bombs by the demons. I've gotten all the backpacks, done all the Fisk bases, and did all but one of the Osborne research stations.

I'm sort of planning on 100%ing the game unless there's a major bullshit side content thing that I get pissed about.

Also I'm not really enjoying the side content so far (the side missions are fine and all but man are the crimes/research stations so so repetitive. Luckily I've been experimenting more with gadgets so the combat is still fun to me despite dropping so many hours into it already.

Trying to avoid spoilers because people tell me the main story really ramps up. I really loved
the whole bombing during the speech up through the helicopter setpiece
and I'm excited to see how the introduction of the new faction
Osborne's paramilitary type unit
starts becoming me fighting them haha.

Also I assume Fisk and the villains break out at some point so I'm excited for that.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Think I may wait until all 3 DLCs are out and play them around Christmas. Will be too into RDR2 to deviate, I think.

Same. I have so many other games to play, plus with red dead as well, i think its the best bet. Plus i figure 3 DLC, maybe around 5 or so hours each, that is 15 hours of content or so. Its like a whole new game haha.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I look forward to those waiting for all 3 DLC chapters to complain about how repetitive it all is. :P

Nov 27, 2017
California
Anyone experiencing constant crashing with this game? Can barely play 5 mins without a crash - making the game totally unplayable.

I had one crash and I was shook but it saved my progress so I'm good.

Game was fantastic, and I've said it before but it's "easy" to do a sequel and still use the same location. Maximum carnage x apocalyptic NYC
Second year of PS5

Last edited:

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Haha well i wont be one of them. I am just HOPING so hard they add the mini map off toggle.
Surely you mean the dynamic HuD where it all disappears but you can lightly touch the touchpad and it all appears again yesss ? lol. I don't enjoy having to go into 3 menus to turn it back on if I need it and then back off again.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started the game up and played for a couple hours. Here are my thoughts.

Holy fuck web slinging is fun.

The game absolutely nails Peter Parker and Spider-Man.

This game does not fuck around with fights. Spidey goes down in a handful of hits and enemies are perfectly find throwing grenades and shooting rockets into their own crowds.

It's all really campy and comic booky in a really endearing and fun way, unlike a lot of other adaptations that try really hard to be grim and serious.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Started the game up and played for a couple hours. Here are my thoughts.

Holy fuck web slinging is fun.

The game absolutely nails Peter Parker and Spider-Man.

This game does not fuck around with fights. Spidey goes down in a handful of hits and enemies are perfectly find throwing grenades and shooting rockets into their own crowds.

It's all really campy and comic booky in a really endearing and fun way, unlike a lot of other adaptations that try really hard to be grim and serious.

Regarding the combat: I found it pretty difficult and not that much fun in the beginning. But as you'll get better and better, the combat improves a lot. That's also due to the skills, moves and gadgets that will unlock.

After around 1/3 of the game, I started to fall in love with the combat (had also 5 extra skillpoints because of the preorder). Now, combat is so much fun for me.

Oct 28, 2017
So I haven't even finished the game yet and I'm already the max level and fully filled in the skill tree. Kinda proving that the skill tree is pointless and the game could have just gave you your abilities through linear progression.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Phew. Finally mopped up most of the side content last night. I have two more LOCKED sections throughout the map which I need to get through story progression - guessing it's the Sable bases and one other thing. But most districts are 70-80 percent done. Those stealth challenges were NOT fun. Also not crazy about the missing students side quests.

Campaign is at 70% - hoping to have the Platinum before RDR2. Really enjoyed my time with this game. Story isn't doing much for me despite reading how everyone is raving about it, but that's OK, I had a feeling I wouldn't be keen on it since I don't really like superhero stories.

Oct 28, 2017
Phew. Finally mopped up most of the side content last night. I have two more LOCKED sections throughout the map which I need to get through story progression - guessing it's the Sable bases and one other thing. But most districts are 70-80 percent done. Those stealth challenges were NOT fun. Also not crazy about the missing students side quests.

Campaign is at 70% - hoping to have the Platinum before RDR2. Really enjoyed my time with this game. Story isn't doing much for me despite reading how everyone is raving about it, but that's OK, I had a feeling I wouldn't be keen on it since I don't really like superhero stories.
I like the stealth challenges but coming off the Batman games I expected more. They're very simplistic. I hope the next game has stealth challenges that are structured better and ask specific things from the player as bonus objectives like Batman does.