• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It definitely has some open world bloat, but the traversal and combat is so good, I didn't mind it.

Thanks. Yeah, I thought it might; the most common opinion I have heard/read though is the combat being great. I dunno if I'll do everything in the world but I'm excited to play it. I've just bought it anyways. Thanks.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Finished the 3rd DLC today, the enemies were brutal throughout the DLCs. I HATED Screwball but I 100% all the DLC and main game.

I'm done with Marvel's Spider-Man but the overall package was excellent.

Looking forward to the next iteration years from now. This might be my favorite superhero game ever.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Man DLC #3 was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. The season pass was worth it.

Silver Lining>The Heist>Turf Wars

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey is anyone seeing a lot of bugs in their game since the patch?

I'm not talking about the DLC. I'm just 70% through the main story campaign when the patch hit... (bought the game on Black Friday) and now I am seeing the following problems:

- background music cuts out for a while
- a bomb countdown overlay from a previous mission does not go away
- the map on the pause screen is broken. I can't turn on certain icons.

Am I the only one?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with Turf Wars now. Not really seeing the hate for it. Combat wise if people are having issues with the new enemies just use the anti grav gadget as it stuns them in the air, if you have no meter that is. Worked like a charm for me so far. I'm loving it, especially how I can effortlessly mix everything into one giant combo.
Only mission I didn't enjoy was the stealth Screwball mission. As its very finicky when it comes to what triggers the fail state + photo bombing enemies for top points. Got a gold rating on it when I finished it though so that felt good. The combat/EMP missions though I really enjoyed. Maybe its just me? I'm loving the DLC, I wanted more Spidey and that's what I got.

Definitely loving the story (so far) as well
especially Black Cat in the first DLC. They nailed her personality and flirty banter with Spidey. Pity she got exploded :( I'm sure she'll be back, hopefully for the sequel so they can do more with her, she eclipses all previous Black Cat appearances in games no doubt. Also glad they didn't force a boss fight with her and instead made it a really cool chase scene, so much better. Quite liking how brutal Hammerhead is as well, but I can't completely take him seriously when his goons are busting up through the ground like in the olds TMNT cartoon. Half expecting him, Scorpion and Rhino to show up at the end in a homage to Shredder, Beebop and Rocksteady!

Also, really loving some of the new suits. Spider Armor MK1 was something I wanted in the base game and have been using it loads here. Also loving the original movie suit, it looks so damn good in this game.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Hey is anyone seeing a lot of bugs in their game since the patch?

I'm not talking about the DLC. I'm just 70% through the main story campaign when the patch hit... (bought the game on Black Friday) and now I am seeing the following problems:

- background music cuts out for a while
- a bomb countdown overlay from a previous mission does not go away
- the map on the pause screen is broken. I can't turn on certain icons.

Am I the only one?

I recall getting the overlay thing after one mission in the main game a few months back. Not sure what fixed it, I think I fast travelled and everything was back to normal.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
The into the spider verse suit is my favorite after seeing the movie. Really makes it pop. Playing a whole new game plus just with it. Makes my purchase of the dlc worth it lol.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
And that's DLC 2 done. I really liked it, not as much as the first DLC (Black Cat made that DLC so fun) but I definitely didn't find the combat to be as annoying as I expected reading most responses here, I loved that side of things. Loved the boss fight as well though I'd have preferred it last maybe a tiny bit longer.
Started the last DLC yesterday evening and it started with a great mission. Can't wait to play more, but I'll be sad when its over as I'll have to wait until the sequel hits to get another Spidey fix :(

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
About halfway through and I'm loving it. Haven't had this much fun gaming since Sunset Overdrive.

Insomniac really knows how to make fun open-world games where you desperately want to 100% them. Outside of these 2, Sleeping Dogs is the only open-world game that's held my interest this long..

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad people said the second DLC was bad. Bought the Deluxe Edition at launch but I'm only just now trying it out as Silver Lining released, and I really enjoyed it. I forget all the common complaints, but difficulty is one I recall and I didn't find it too much harder than the base game. I also like what I think they're building up to story wise.

But yeah, props to Insomniac for this DLC. Loving it so far and no major complaints here.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
How many of you have experienced a software crash? Playing digital. Realizing others have had crashes but I thought I'd ask.

Only game in a year and three months of having my ps4 that has frozen and crashed, so I suspect it's the game.

Which I'm realizing can be glitchy (but still excellent).

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I loved the high five bit toward the end of the game. And the Dig Boy conversation cracked me up as well. I love that they nailed Spidey and his companion/villain personalities down so well, makes me so excited for the sequel
it was funny how peter tried to ask her out for dinner. They nail character dynamics so well in this game. Love it

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
it was funny how peter tried to ask her out for dinner. They nail character dynamics so well in this game. Love it
yeah that bit cracked me up as well. Plus the whole thing about"disarming enemies with bad jokes" got a laugh out of me. Black Cat still remains my favourite character of the DLC though, they got the Spidey/Black Cat flirting perfect. I hope she's used more in future games because this is the first time I feel they've done her justice in a game.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I like the DLC so far. I have completely the first two, at least story-wise, and I have started the last one.
On NG+ and Ultimate difficulty its actually more challenging than anything in the base game. I like that.
The stuff you actually do in missions so far is similar to the base game, but its switched up in some interesting ways.

Overall it looks like more Spider-Man, which is exactly what I wanted. And I appreciate the difficulty, because that was one of my tiny criticisms in the base game. Once I had the controls figured out I felt pretty overpowered. But in this DLC I get my ass handed to me on the regular, especially in the 3rd.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Ag9pciH.gif

9HfWhlp.gif

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question: are unlocked suits carried across in ng+ ?

There's no way I'm going to have enough challenge tokens to unlock all suits, still need about 35. I spent all mine on gadgets and upgrades, because I didn't realise that
you need to unlock all suits for a trophy
. So I"m wondering whether I can end up getting the rest via ng+...

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Quick question: are unlocked suits carried across in ng+ ?

There's no way I'm going to have enough challenge tokens to unlock all suits, still need about 35. I spent all mine on gadgets and upgrades, because I didn't realise that
you need to unlock all suits for a trophy
. So I"m wondering whether I can end up getting the rest via ng+...
Yes. All unlocked content (suits, gadget upgrades, tokens) carry over into NG+ and you can earn way more tokens than you need to unlock everything.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was not ready for the last audio recording for the quest in the final dlc.

I said the same thing Spidey did.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Getting the combo requirements on ultimate in the third DLC is a bitch.
A 95 combo in a combat challenge sounds easy, until the guys with the orange whips show up and like 5 snipers shoot at you while a bunch of jetpack guys charge you and a few brutes go after you for good measure.
Super heroing sure ain't easy.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished all 3 DLC's and loved them all. I got them all for £ 9.99 and it was worth it. I completed one a day. I loved the character progression it made from the main game. Sable, Cat , MJ and Yuri all seem in a very different place now. Even Miles. Hopefully they all pop back up in the sequel. Well, obviously Miles will. I expect him to be the main playable character and not Peter. Well worth buying.

nFCkQyO.gif
qwh1dwG.gif

Sable snuck up on me and became one of my favs thanks to this DLC.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Silver Lining. Sable is such a tsundere, I love it.
so we getting Wraith in the sequel right?

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Sooo, is the season pass worth a play? I heard each episode are quite short, around 2 hours each. It's on sale right now on the Turkish Store for 11 dollars.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Sooo, is the season pass worth a play? I heard each episode are quite short, around 2 hours each. It's on sale right now on the Turkish Store for 11 dollars.

I was going to post my impressions anyway. I'm almost through Episode 3 right now. I've played the episodes all back to back over the last couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying it. I don't care about getting Gold stars in all the side activities since you don't need to to get all the trophies. It's just a bit harder on Normal, I use my electric web, suspension matrix, and electric punch more often but I still very rarely ever die. I think I died maybe once per episode so far. Each episode took I think 3ish hours but I wasn't really counting.

The story playing these episodes one after the other is what has sold me on this. The overarching story has a great flow and momentum to it and maybe the best character moments in the entire time. Yuri's story is a hell of a thing and the ends of episode 1 and 2 had me shocked and ready for more. Episode 3 has been great so far and I'm excited to see how this wraps up and the hints already for a sequel sound so good. Whole heartedly recommend it.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a minute, you can't change to rainy day, only day, sunset, or night??? What the fuck, Infamous had more options than this.
What is this shit

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the DLC today. Mostly liked it but I wish it added more. The story bits were good... Especially what happened with Yuri and Sable. I really want more Sable in the next game.

Also, screwball suuuuuucccks. I can't stand her. Thank god the trophies are only tied to silver. I don't think I'd be able to get gold in all of those.

Just have to beat NG+ on Ultimate to 100 percent this again

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
So I got this game for X-mas and I'm loving it.. currently around 65% complete, mostly with side activities.

Story, graphics, gameplay, combat... it's all really great.. but man some of these "Challenges" are fucked up! Probably my fault for playing on Spectacular difficulty, but those Drone ones require such precise web swinging. Took me nearly an hour to beat one of them... not looking forward to the others.

Oct 27, 2017
Got this for Xmas and have been playing a ton of it, but I've just unlocked the challenges and quite frankly fuck them. I'm no good at swinging so I just can't do them for the most part. So starting to hit the point I'd heard a lot of where I have open world burnout. Think I'll just mainline the story from now on, which is really enjoyably I have to say.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished, what a game. The traversal took some time getting used to swinging versus sling-shotting but once you get that down it become so easy to move around. I'm like 100 crime events short of the platinum but think I'll stop there, it's just swinging around waiting for them to pop up at this point.

Loved the story, loved all the different villains and their fights, loved the quips, combat was really satisfying once I learned the whole move set. Just fantastic, had a ton of fun.

Ended up having to silver and gold a lot of challenges because I spent a lot of challenge tokens on gear upgrades instead of the suits. The drone missions were definitely the toughest, I found the stealth missions the easiest to gold because you could have a clear plan that was repeatable.

How is the DLC? Worth getting and playing through? (Ah, reading impressions now, seems like I should give it a whirl)

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through the second dlc now and I have the impression that they really pushed the difficulty up. Bases are not easy anymore especially with those shield enemies and minigun brutes. Yesterday I died probably 5 or 6 times. I am not used to dying in spiderman. Especially the final waves are hard in which every goon has some weapon.
The story is really good so far and they improved on the technical difficulties I had in the first DLC. Whole cutscenes didn't play, dialogue was off and started in the loading screen. I had to rewatch all cutscenes on YouTube and this is the reason why I waited so long to play the other DLC.

Usul

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dune
A bit late to the thread, finished it when it came out and really enjoyed this game. I think this is the best exclusive on the PS4 purely because game-play has come first and it's just pure fun. The only thing I didn't like was the DLC.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey ya'll, sorry if this is a dumb question. i grabbed a used copy and was wondering if the physical copy comes with a manual?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
lmao my little nephew was having trouble with the short distance/percise movements of spider-man, he was like "stop having to be so cool and just let me get on"

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all DLC this weekend and I think they are ultimatively worth their money. I really liked their story lines. It was a nice conclusion at the end of the third DLC. I liked the addition of new suits, but in the end I always came back to the advanced suit because it was my personal favorite. I didn't understand the frustration about the lack of the webbed suit.
I would like to have a sequel that builds opon this great game but with less random crimes (still got no platinum trophy because of that).

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm halfway through the main story (I also have the DLC) and Peter is already one of the better characters from a long time. Funny, charismatic, likeable but still with deep and range of emotions.

Also I love reading through Spidey's social network, what a cool idea.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Just got to the point where my boss thinks I'm Spider-Man's suit crafter, how far am I?

kidding, lol.

But what are some tips and hints you might have for a newcomer? I'm still getting a hang of zipping around the city, but starting to catch my flow there. I'm so glad that the wall-running is so seamless. It makes the game so fluid.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the point where my boss thinks I'm Spider-Man's suit crafter, how far am I?

kidding, lol.

But what are some tips and hints you might have for a newcomer? I'm still getting a hang of zipping around the city, but starting to catch my flow there. I'm so glad that the wall-running is so seamless. It makes the game so fluid.

Really try and memorize the timing for point launches. You should almost never need to wall run once you have the timing down because you'll ALWAYS be airborne. Also, space out your side content - don't try to do it all the second it becomes available.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
But if you plan to get the Platinum then anytime you see a random crime pop up then you should do it just so you don't have to do them all at the end.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Really try and memorize the timing for point launches. You should almost never need to wall run once you have the timing down because you'll ALWAYS be airborne. Also, space out your side content - don't try to do it all the second it becomes available.
Yeah, I'm definitely working on that. I think it's partly my fault for trying to constantly fly above the city, rather than swinging in and through it, if you get what I'm saying. I think my initial approach was flawed, and I'll see if that slight change in my mentality helps this afternoon.
But if you plan to get the Platinum then anytime you see a random crime pop up then you should do it just so you don't have to do them all at the end.
I do want to get the Plat, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for them. I like the fact that the random crimes / events have small sub-challenges in them (e.g. pick up and hit people with three items); that's really cool.