• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm definitely working on that. I think it's partly my fault for trying to constantly fly above the city, rather than swinging in and through it, if you get what I'm saying. I think my initial approach was flawed, and I'll see if that slight change in my mentality helps this afternoon.

I do want to get the Plat, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for them. I like the fact that the random crimes / events have small sub-challenges in them (e.g. pick up and hit people with three items); that's really cool.

Essentially, yeah. You probably won't finish the "complete all crimes" trophy before you finish the story, but the closer you are to doing so before you finish the main plot, the easier and less annoying your post-game will be. I had to spend a couple hours JUST cruising the city looking for random crimes once I hit the postgame and it was annoying because it was the only trophy I had left for the plat.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah do the random crimes whenever you see one and don't let them pile on. Once I finished the story I couldn't bring myself to clear a massive amount of random crimes.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this game really grew on me. I was a bit lukewarm at release and once rdr2 was out I pretty much dropped it 30% in. I really had to force myself back after rdr2, but it sure was worth it. Somehow it all just clicked and now I just want to get back home to continue playing.

It's like a love letter from insomniac to marvel and this is the most fun I've had in a long time with my ps4. I need to get back to ratchet and clank when I'm done here. I've had a few false starts with that as well and now I know I've been missing out.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Quick questions about "campaign progress". Is that strictly tracking the main campaign / story only? Like, when I get to the end of the story, would that progress say 100%? Or will it only say 100% once I've done all the side missions and challenges and stuff?

Reason I ask is because I feel like I've been playing the story a ton but it only says I'm 64% through it. Whereas it *feels* like I should be 80-90% through it. Maybe this is just way longer than what I was hoping for?

I just finished the mission where miles had to hide from rhino

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Quick questions about "campaign progress". Is that strictly tracking the main campaign / story only? Like, when I get to the end of the story, would that progress say 100%? Or will it only say 100% once I've done all the side missions and challenges and stuff?

Reason I ask is because I feel like I've been playing the story a ton but it only says I'm 64% through it. Whereas it *feels* like I should be 80-90% through it. Maybe this is just way longer than what I was hoping for?

I just finished the mission where miles had to hide from rhino
Percentage isn't just the story. You're almost done.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finished the DLC. I enjoyed it? Maybe the negative talk lowered my expectations but I didn't see anything wrong with it. It's more of the base game, something that should be expected I think.

The second one was the worst of the bunch, if only because Yuri isn't nearly as fun to have around than Black Cat or Silver Sable. The third was clearly the best, it was the more meaty and Spidey was hilarious there!

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Finished recently the game + dlc.
The game was really fun to play, the story started a bit slow but after the prison it became very tense! I really loved how it felt to swing around new york with spidey!
The DLC was really not worth the time i spent with it.... just a more of the same with a bad story. The fact that I very rarely buy DLCs is not helped by this one, will continue to avoid DLCs in the future.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

DxhRiOJVYAAbfud.jpg

DxhRiOAUcAEMKrT.jpg

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Where is the FF DLC announcement? There aint a lot of January left. Even if its just Bagman and Future Foundation suits...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I recently made my way through the DLC campaigns. It was pretty short, but I had some fun with them (except the Screwball missions. Ugh...).

The DLC stuff mostly seems like set-up that will easily be explained in the sequel. Except for the stuff with Yuri, which was more in depth than I expected.

Peter is training Miles. MJ went overseas for an assignment and may not come back until early in the next game. Maybe Felicia will show up again, but it seems like there won't be a reference to her claiming to have a son. Can't imagine Hammerhead shows up. Sable may show up again.

It's Yuri's fall from grace that will come as a real shocker to people who didn't play the DLC or looked up videos on Youtube or whatever.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
How far into the game do the Challenges appear?

I'm at 20% on New Game Plus becasue I need another 25 challenge tokens to buy all the suits.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So i just played the entire game on NG+ without doing any sidequests

It felt so good. The pace was better, everything!

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Bought this game a month ago and been hooked on it ever since i started playing.

Finished the main game and just started the Black Cat DLC but wow what a game. I've spent most of my time web slinging from one end of the map to the other while doing tricking and just messing around. Not had this much fun in an open world game since ... maybe ever.

Bravo Insomniac

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this game today, went in completely blind, so I don't know if this was an issue that was discussed at length already - but what's up with this game's difficulty? I play on amazing (normal) and over the course of the tutorial mission I got my ass kicked 7(!) times. Normal fights, the boss fight, didn't matter. Most normal fights end with me standing there with a sliver of health left.

Not sure if I should lower the difficulty for the rest of the game to lower stress, or if fights are more manageable once I purchase additional skills. That tutorial though - way too much information/moves/different enemy types for the first few minutes. I guess I should dodge more and maybe muscle memory plays a role in that, but the difficulty surprised me, I never had trouble in the Arkham games or other similar games

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
I just started playing this game today, went in completely blind, so I don't know if this was an issue that was discussed at length already - but what's up with this game's difficulty? I play on amazing (normal) and over the course of the tutorial mission I got my ass kicked 7(!) times. Normal fights, the boss fight, didn't matter. Most normal fights end with me standing there with a sliver of health left.

Not sure if I should lower the difficulty for the rest of the game to lower stress, or if fights are more manageable once I purchase additional skills. That tutorial though - way too much information/moves/different enemy types for the first few minutes. I guess I should dodge more and maybe muscle memory plays a role in that, but the difficulty surprised me, I never had trouble in the Arkham games or other similar games
Dodge more and remember to not stick to the ground. Web up in to the air zip down again. It's a nice way of getting out of the way from mobs.

Joei

Feb 3, 2018
I finished the Taskmasker challenges last night... my goodness those Drone challenges were a pain. I got Ultimate on all the challenges and it was strictly two of the Drone challenges that, combined, took at least 7 hours to get Ultimate on. Strangely, I got Ultimate in the Chinatown one in like 10 minutes. The combat challenges were overwhelming at first, but once I "figured" it out and started using more gadgets, they were fun and each only took about 15 minutes to get Ultimate on. Same with the Stealth, in terms of I figured to attack from the top down and the best order to approach the enemies. The bomb challenges were tough at first, but again, after I got down how to do it, I got tops on those in only a few minutes. I have no idea what the developers were thinking with the Drone challenges though.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Played both the 2nd and 3rd DLCs and I loved them so I guess...
Yuri will become Wraith in the sequel...should be good!
What a ride this game was, from beginning to end, I eagerly await whatever comes next.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Cant beat that stupid drone pursuit in the Sable DLC...do I also need to aim wirh R2 and then shoot with R1 on the drones or just R1 when I am close...? eventually fail because I lose the convoy...stupid missions on a timer,thats why I hate most challenges,especially Skrewball's...

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Cant beat that stupid drone pursuit in the Sable DLC...do I also need to aim wirh R2 and then shoot with R1 on the drones or just R1 when I am close...? eventually fail because I lose the convoy...stupid missions on a timer,thats why I hate most challenges,especially Skrewball's...
Once you're close to them you can just mash R1.

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
Played both the 2nd and 3rd DLCs and I loved them so I guess...
Yuri will become Wraith in the sequel...should be good!
What a ride this game was, from beginning to end, I eagerly await whatever comes next.

Finished all of the DLC now too.

So, confirmed villains for the sequel are
Wraith, Green Goblin an Venom
if i got this right?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Finished all the DLC thought it was pretty good overall, side content was whatever, but I enjoyed the story. Would love something similar for
Pete training Miles
before Part 2, really flesh it out.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it today. Wow, what an amazing game! So much fun

The only things I didn't like were when I lost control of Spider-Man.

E.g. Mary Jane, the dream sequences etc. It brought back dark memories of Max Payne some of it.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game today as well. Such a wonderful experience and possibly one of my favorite games in the last couple of years. I knew what happened at the end and Insomniac made me care about those characters so much. Traversal and combat were still a joy even through the end game. I can't wait for the sequel.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Returning to the game 6 months later to play the DLC has been a treat. People overstated how supposedly "underwhelming" these episodes were. It's more good Spider-Man gameplay and story. I expected some little nothing side plot, but what they've done with the narrative in these episodes is very good! The only letdown is the recycled structure of the side content, would've preferred something more unique in that regard. Screwball's challenges are just far shittier, more annoying versions of Taskmaster's, largely thanks to the presence of Screwball herself.

Joei

Feb 3, 2018
I finished the 3rd DLC today and all I can say is what a ride. I bought this randomly on sale and was not expecting to be as engrossed in the game as I was. The story was great for me, the suits were awesome (I hardly ever switch skins in games like this, but loved it here and my favorite suit was the Last Stand one.) I enjoyed the characters and VA as well. I did find the city a little too big at times and I thought this was a game that could have capitalized on something similar to riddler trophies to encourage exploring the city more so than the backpacks or pictures did.

At first I found the combat lacking, but really, really enjoyed it during the DLC when I had to use more gadgets and stuff. Speaking of which, I do wish they were better integrated into the story and not just random unlockables.

And speaking of the DLC, I had a lot of fun with it, possibly more than the main game. I enjoyed both the main game and DLC stories, but found the pacing better and with the more difficult enemies I enjoyed the combat more.

As with everyone else, I did not like the Screwball character. Maybe she was too realistic, I don't know. I had to mute the tv when I was trying to gold her challenges cause I couldn't stand hearing her say the same crap. And with her challenges, some were annoying, but I didn't find anything nearly as bad as the two drone challenges from Taskmaster that took me like 7 hours to do. I really didn't find anything too crazy with her, maybe some of the gadget challenges were tough, I dunno. It's more of the character I couldn't stand.

Does anyone know if there is any more DLC, or is it on to the second game? Also, I did everything I can think of (mastered every challenge and did every side quest), but is there any hidden or extra content in post game? I guess I could beat the game in NG+ and on the highest difficulty for the last two trophies, but I don't really have the desire.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
So the DLC is worth it? Are they mostly a string of story missions, or do they add things to the open world and more abilities?

Oct 25, 2017
Began playing this game about a week ago, and I'm up to 64% of the main story. Is there an in-game way to find all of the Daily Bugle headlines and the secret photo-ops? So far, I've only found those randomly, and I really don't want to look up an online guide.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Totally worth it. I enjoyed it as much, if not more than, the main game.
That's good to hear. Been waiting on the season pass to go on sale. Just snagged it

[edit] Been having some fun with this DLC. It just feels good to play this again. Havent played since I beat it at launch even tho I meant to return

Last edited:

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing this for the first time and I'm really enjoying it. My nine-year-old daughter loves playing it too, she's mesmerized by Spidey swinging through a surprisingly accurate NY.

The only complaint so far is the early Shocker bit, being relegated to a gimmick boss straight from the Arkham series.