• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for asking that really in game.

But for what is L3 for.

It says "Lauren" in German which means lurking and that I have to hold it. But nothing happens

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for asking that really in game.

But for what is L3 for.

It says "Lauren" in German which means lurking and that I have to hold it. But nothing happens
L3 is for dive bombing while you're in the air. Holding R2 to web swing after dive bombing will allow you to pick up speed and swing faster. You don't need to hold it though. Also, if I recall correctly, L3 while you're standing on the edge of a building or something similar will make Spidey crouch/perch onto the ledge.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
L3 is for dive bombing while you're in the air. Holding R2 to web swing after dive bombing will allow you to pick up speed and swing faster. You don't need to hold it though. Also, if I recall correctly, L3 while you're standing on the edge of a building or something similar will make Spidey crouch/perch onto the ledge.

Ok thanks will try it out

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I had the 3 dlc eps in my backlog and decided to get them done since the FFH suit made it in and I wanted to play with that. It looks great but even better is they added in FUTURE FOUNDATION. Goddamn! That was my n°1 suit wish and it's glorious. Wish I could say the same for the dlc, feels like a few steps down compared to the main campaign. The Black Cat chase mission was a lone highlight. I do like that the story just continues, before I thought these would be 3 seperate eps.

lunch

Oct 26, 2017
Started this Tuesday evening and just finished it a few hours ago on Thursday night. I haven't blazed through a game like this in years, and it was just a blast to play. I was hoping to get the platinum, but I just don't have the patience or aptitude for the Taskmaster challenges, and I find that the amount of enemies the game throws at you often just makes combat tedious, so I'm not too interested in finishing up the bases. Very, very excited for the sequel though.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So, I bought the DLC a few weeks back on sale and replayed the main game in preparation (since I hadn't played it since it came out).

and .. man.. I forgot how extremely well polished the game is. Open-world jank is almost non-existent in this game. The load times are extremely fast and snappy (I have both this and AC Odyssey on the same USB SSD installed, and AC Origins fast travel times are roughly 3 to 4 times longer than anything in Spider Man).

Character animations, image quality, world detail etc are all just fantastic in this game. I probably showered the same praises when the game came out, but it's really refreshing to see such an incredibly well-polished open world game. The final stretch of the game and the final boss are some of the most visually-amazing things I've seen/played in recent games and dare I say would make for a great show-piece for a movie.

Started and finished the 1st part of the DLC as well. Before starting, I did not know the 3 pieces of DLC are a continuous story as well, I thought they would be small self-contained pieces. The first episode was a bit small (3~ hours just for the story missions and a few hours for the filler content), though I really liked Black Cat's portrayal.

And how Peter is completely smitten and basically putty in her hands.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I finished all the episodes and for people on the fence it's pretty easy to not recommend this dlc. The final chapter is better than the very lackluster Turf Wars but overall it doesn't even compare to the main game's standards. There are a few things I did love like
Silver Sable slowly warming up to Spidey and Yuri losing her faith in the system. I didn't know she became a vigilante in the comics, had to look that up at the end of her storyline. That tape quest was just another scavenger hunt but the contents of the tapes did push me forward to find them all in one go. This was a better sequel tease than Miles' training calls/post-credit.

The seperate dlc eps were probably easier to digest if you played them at release instead of all three in sequence, because you're almost doing the same thing 3 times in terms of side content. Small crimes, hideouts, the Screwball stuff and a collectathon. I don't see why they couldn't shake it up a bit structurally. It quickly feels like you're going through the motions, didn't really get that feeling in the main game. The small crimes in particular could've been cut altogether, we did enough of those in the main game.

Insomniac outdid themselves with Spidey, so that's why this disappointing dlc hurts a bit.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
After an incredible campaign, this Black Cat DLC is a little disappointing. The story is great but the design and gameplay mechanics feel so rushed, undercooked, and sometimes outright frustrating. It's starting to feel like those 5/10 games where you just go through the motions, failing missions multiple times to learn the weird way they want you to do things, while the context-sensitive button pressing doesn't work half the time. It feels like a different game, like one from 2010 or so. Gonna stick with it because, hell, I already bought all the DLC. But what a sad shifting of gears.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think I suck at this game. I'm like 2 or 3 hours in and have to chase shocker through city. Tried for the past 20 min and fail every time. I was actually liking the game, too. But fuck this chase bs.

lunch

Oct 26, 2017
I think I suck at this game. I'm like 2 or 3 hours in and have to chase shocker through city. Tried for the past 20 min and fail every time. I was actually liking the game, too. But fuck this chase bs.
I had the same problem, and it is really frustrating. Reading this Polygon guide helped me to understand a little more about the mechanics, as there's stuff in there that I didn't pick up on at all.

Well I finally got my first Platinum trophy last night after unlocking all the suits. Finished the game back in October but decided to go for my first plat and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

Only got gold on a couple of taskmaster challenges and silver on most others with a couple of bronze ones. I didn't fully upgrade all my gadgets though as I don't use like half of them. not yet sure about playing the DLC..WIll have to wait until next sale and decide

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I'm finally playing this, about halfway through the story. I'm obsessed, coming right to this game after Shadow of the Tomb Raider with its slow and plodding traversal (most of the time) and cutscenes I actually care to watch is such a breath of fresh hair.

I have to say, some of the comments regarding the
MJ sections
have to be some of the most hyperbolic shit I've ever seen in gaming (a lot of "painful" comments... wtf?).
I've done two and they've both been like 5 minutes long...

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The stealth sections exhaust their welcome after the first, I sighed every time they popped up. They're slow and not really fun to play. At all. I just wanted to get back to doing Spider-Man shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
How are they slow? The second one literally takes 5 minutes.
Mandatory insta-fail stealth sections playing as someone who has no offensive capabilities whatsoever in a game where I am typically playing as a genetically enhanced superhero bounding across skyscrapers and beating up rooms full of bad guys single-handedly is a decidedly off-putting change of pace that I could do without. They serve as a way to inject plot but the insta-fail mechanics are irritating (in Miles' sections as well). I don't mind them, necessarily, but I think the game would be better without them. And especially on NG+, they're just such pace-killers. Like, OK, I've already done this one, I'm not replaying the game so I can slowly navigate between broken glass and a teetering box. It's just not fun.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Question for completing 100%. Will my tokens carry over for ng+? If I typically can't get lvl 3 in the challenge mode is it easy to get everything with a 2md playthrough?

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I've done every side quest now and every collection thing. The only items that seem to be hard to find are crimes. I swung around the entire city during day and night and I didn't see a single crime, what gives? Looking on the map, most of my crimes are like 2/5.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I've done every side quest now and every collection thing. The only items that seem to be hard to find are crimes. I swung around the entire city during day and night and I didn't see a single crime, what gives? Looking on the map, most of my crimes are like 2/5.

The crimes were the most tedious part of getting the platinum. Normally what I would do is swing to a new perch, wait a couple seconds, ping the spider-sense, and then a new crime would pop up.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was about to bite on the dlc, mostly because all the Suits, but after reading here it feels like the dlc isnt worth it even on sale?

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I foudn that it was a bit repetitive if you do all of them in a row. But the DLC is still fun. I didn't have any issue with Screwball Challenges, but i'm in the minority (I loved Task Master challenges and Screwballs challenges were easier for most of them). The story is not as big than for the main game for sure, but it's interesting.

If you liked the main game, the DLC on sale is a good way to continue playing as Spider-Man. :D

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to bite on the dlc, mostly because all the Suits, but after reading here it feels like the dlc isnt worth it even on sale?

I loved the DLC, and since it's all out now you can just view it as a 6 or so hour additional chunk of story to the main game. It works well as that and perhaps sets up some elements for the next game as well.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I feel like the DLC reaction overall has been very positive (ok fine not you Screwball). Especially for folks who played all three together.

Hey I know this is a random question (and it's honestly a long shot in asking,) but...any reason why Taskmaster wasn't in the artbook? I don't recall seeing him in there and that kind of bummed me out because I thought you guys nailed it on his design, probably my 2nd favorite behind his UDON costume.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I didn't like the Screwball stuff but wasn't that the point? She was supposed to be stupidly annoying? I liked a bit of her missions cuz it got me to play the game in a different way. It's just that Screwball is so annoying that she negates any goodwill the good missions bought.

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a digital copy of the game JUST to play through it with the Arabic dub (already own my normal NTSC copy) only to find out that I would have had to buy it off a Middle Eastern PSN account. :/ I know it's not the developer's fault but the hoops you have to jump through to get a language option that already exists in other regions are super frustrating.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the expansions, haven't played since launch before this, they're good, but i feel that if i have to pay one by one it would have been a total rip-off (I sold my copy when i finished back then and now i got the GOTY edition), they're too short to be sold alone plus the "to be continue" is a little douchy thing to do.

They're good, the difficult spikes a lot from the end of the 2nd one but nothing not manageable or frustrating, i wonder why they didn't use a different villain for each instead of a continuation, as for the new challenge, i will not bother, they're too repetitive.

Oct 25, 2017
So like is Sable supposed to have powers or something? She makes Spidey look like such a chump every time she shows up and I have no idea why or how lol.

Brandwin

Jan 1, 2018
Started playing this about a week ago and I got to this side mission
Internet Famous - is the voice for that character the women on the famous "Or a CEO" mobile video from years back? Sounds just like her

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a digital copy of the game JUST to play through it with the Arabic dub (already own my normal NTSC copy) only to find out that I would have had to buy it off a Middle Eastern PSN account. :/ I know it's not the developer's fault but the hoops you have to jump through to get a language option that already exists in other regions are super frustrating.
How is this not the developer faults? don't they choose what language to set in any market?

Brandwin

Jan 1, 2018
100% completed Spider-Man today. Took me about two weeks. I have all the trophies but two. I need like 30 tokens to unlock all suits and once I do that, I'll get the other trophy for having all trophies. Not sure I'll do it or not. I'll need mostly good. I spent so many tokens not knowing, not even sure I can earn enough to unlock them all.

Is the DLC worth it or should I move on to a new game? I have God of War, Horizon and Resident Evil 2 on deck. Not sure which one I'll play first.