• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
100% completed Spider-Man today. Took me about two weeks. I have all the trophies but two. I need like 30 tokens to unlock all suits and once I do that, I'll get the other trophy for having all trophies. Not sure I'll do it or not. I'll need mostly good. I spent so many tokens not knowing, not even sure I can earn enough to unlock them all.

Is the DLC worth it or should I move on to a new game? I have God of War, Horizon and Resident Evil 2 on deck. Not sure which one I'll play first.
The DLC is pretty fun, but it's also kinda "more of the same". I feel like you should probably move on to something else and maybe come back to it if you feel like it or if there's a good sale maybe. If you enjoyed the game, you will enjoy the DLC I feel like, but you might get burnt out if you just played it straight after.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started this game, on the normal (amazing) difficultly this game is challenging, what the hell

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
thanks, any skills I should focus on getting first?

Perfect Dodge is very useful. Payback too. Wrecking Ball and Bunker Buster will help you deal with Brutes and Shield enemies, respectively. Chain Finisher is pretty useful too.

There's one that helps you stick people to walls too (can't remember the name. May even be related to Wrecking Ball). Quickest way to thin out ranks is to stick people to walls.

Don't forget your gadgets too! Super useful. Web Bombs and the one that slams and sticks goons against the wall are must haves.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good game. Finished it today. Will do trophy cleanup.

Game felt super tight and well polished for the most part. Some baddies would occasionally get stuck behind objects.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good game. Finished it today. Will do trophy cleanup.

Game felt super tight and well polished for the most part. Some baddies would occasionally get stuck behind objects.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So this game is pretty awesome. There are moments where they nail the movie-like humour and cinematics and it feels so cool

I also didnt expect this to be so dark. Was expecting a total kids game

I have to ask:
Is Doc Ock the final boss? Im 50% done so I got to the point where he installs his arms and it was such a fun scene. Im asking becauae the game is also building up the green goblin as a bad guy but i imagine thats sequel bait

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
So this game is pretty awesome. There are moments where they nail the movie-like humour and cinematics and it feels so cool

I have to ask:
Is Doc Ock the final boss? Im 50% done so I got to the point where he installs his arms and it was such a fun scene. Im asking becauae the game is also building up the green goblin as a bad guy but i imagine thats sequel bait
He is.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I have to ask:

Yeah, Ock is the final boss. There's a tease for the sequel post-credits so make sure to stick around for that.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The story/performances being legitimately great was the biggest surprise of the game tbh

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the main story, and wow, what a great game! Unlike the movies, the T rating here really helped with the more punchier scenes. I love the humour, especially the one scene with them calling back the Toby Spider-man

Gameplay was fun, I wasnt expecting much depth, but it served its purpose. Boss fights were fun and cinematic, if not repetitive or not as in-depth as I'd have liked.

They do such a great job with the story/characters. Everyone is likeable and even Pete has a lot of emotional depth, at least compared to the movies. I'm really pumped for the sequel and I am so excited with the potential for villains. The ending tease was awesome and I love how nuanced the main villains felt.

I assume that in a sequel we'll see a standalone type game that goes back to the beginning of Spiderman's start? Id love to play that. The backpacks and photo collecting was fun. I dont have a huge interest in beating up waves of enemies. I hope in a sequel they give us more challenges like doing stunts or races or something.

What's everyone expecting for the sequels? I dont know much about miles morales but Im hoping that
we see Peter vs the Green Goblin. But what kind of villains does Miles fight? I am hoping the 3rd game (if there is one) has Venom. I have to imagine Dock Ock, Goblin, and Venom would be a trifecta.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Already watched Into the SPiderverse. I know there's his uncle or whatever, but cant even remember his name.

Just want to gush about this game again: I am still blown away with the voice acting and how Insomniac set up a really emotional story and characters. The potential for the sequel is amazing, and the way they built up Doc Ock was so fantastic.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Im currently replaying this game for the first time since launch, I have finished all the DLCs, but I haven't 100% the DLC packs and done the NG+ and Ultimate Difficulty trophies - going back to it because of the Miles Morales trailer.
I already reminded on whyI feel like this might be my favourite game this generation. Holy shit its great

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished the game yesterday. What a great game. Really loved every moment of it. The gameplay was fantastic and I used fast-travel just to watch small interactions. So much detail in the city. My favorite open world to date.

Surprisingly story was the best part of the game. It is better than most Spidey movies. This and spider verse tied as the best spiderman related media for me

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the DLC. My god this game has to be top 3 of this generation. What a fantastic game. Maybe my favourite game of this generation.

The controls, the story, everything.

I can't wait for Miles Morales and SM2!

Only complaint is when dialogue happens just as you enter a cutscene and never returns. Oh, and you cant find all the JJJ podcasts or newspapers

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Platinum trophy ever since they were introduced in 2008, 12 years ago! Finished 100% of Spider-Man and all the DLC. I'm ready for Miles Morales later this year. If it wasn't for the DLC I may not have ever gotten the Platinum trophy, since I spent my challenge tokens on things you don't need to purchase for the trophies. I wasn't aware of that at the time, but the DLC has enough side stuff to give you the challenge and base tokens you may be missing to purchase all the suits and stuff, so no need to try and get 3-star ratings on anything.

oDCAQNl.jpg

MXiN8m1.jpg

Cyborg Spider-Man was one of my favorite action figures as a kid. I still have it, along with the comic it first appeared in. I wanted the costume in the game, and it's the one you unlock for completing the final DLC! I love how much care Insomniac put into this game.

5K4irKP.jpg

The DLC is really good and seems like a good bridge into Miles Morales. I recommend playing through it if you liked the game and want more.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Started it few weeks back and I am almost done with the main campaign. Dont have a single platinum trophy this gen and trying to get my first in this game as the combat and traversal is so good in this game. Only obstacle in this is those challenge tokens..have played 3-4 taskmaster challenges so far and I am nowhere near the silver..will it be possible to get enough challenge tokens to unlock all suits just by getting bronze in all the challenges in the base game + dlcs?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Started it few weeks back and I am almost done with the main campaign. Dont have a single platinum trophy this gen and trying to get my first in this game as the combat and traversal is so good in this game. Only obstacle in this is those challenge tokens..have played 3-4 taskmaster challenges so far and I am nowhere near the silver..will it be possible to get enough challenge tokens to unlock all suits just by getting bronze in all the challenges in the base game + dlcs?
Iirc no, you need at least a few gold ones or at the very least silver. Can always do ng+ though.

Which ones are giving you trouble? The only ones I found annoying were the stealth ones but you can look up a guide for those and literally follow it 1:1 to get gold

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

You don't need to get ALL golds, but you do need some.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Iirc no, you need at least a few gold ones or at the very least silver. Can always do ng+ though.

Which ones are giving you trouble? The only ones I found annoying were the stealth ones but you can look up a guide for those and literally follow it 1:1 to get gold
Thanks will check that. Those drone challenges have troubled me the most so far.

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks will check that. Those drone challenges have troubled me the most so far.

Just got to the part of the game that unlocks challenges last night. I've had the most luck with drones making liberal use of point launches and web zips (arguably more than actually swinging). The drone challenges I've done so far usually have the blue areas you need to get to directly on top of areas you can zip to, so I'll zip to it, launch off the point, web zip to maintain height, and then launch to the next point and rinse/repeat

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Just got to the part of the game that unlocks challenges last night. I've had the most luck with drones making liberal use of point launches and web zips (arguably more than actually swinging). The drone challenges I've done so far usually have the blue areas you need to get to directly on top of areas you can zip to, so I'll zip to it, launch off the point, web zip to maintain height, and then launch to the next point and rinse/repeat
Thanks. Will try this for both drones and bomb challenges. Was on complete media black out and now when I checked the trophy list after finishing the main story, came to know that I've to get atleast one silver for each of the challenge category...so bronze wont cut it anyways if I want to get that shiny platinum trophy.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't find an OT for Remastered. Been playing it for a few hours on PS5 and it's pretty good so far. jstevenson Is there any reason the game doesn't utilise the PS5 trophy tracking system? For example, I have 41/55 backpacks, but the trophy for collecting all backpacks doesn't indicate that progress. Seems like an obvious oversight, you'd think you would want to show off as many of the system features as possible with a native SKU.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Question. On PS4 I have Spider-Man regular edition. On PS5 I have Miles Morales regular edition. I am not entitled to any free upgrade on original Spider-Man right? I need to pay $20 to upgrade the Miles Morales to ultimate edition and then my PS4 Spider-Man will upgrade automatically?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Question. On PS4 I have Spider-Man regular edition. On PS5 I have Miles Morales regular edition. I am not entitled to any free upgrade on original Spider-Man right? I need to pay $20 to upgrade the Miles Morales to ultimate edition and then my PS4 Spider-Man will upgrade automatically?
You're almost there, Spidey Remastered is an entirely brand new PS5 SKU, your PS4 Spidey is irrelevant and doesn't factor in. $20 upgrade through Miles grands you Spidey Remastered.

Marco_Tovarich

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
So I finished the game yesterday, and damn, this is one of my top 3 favorite Spider-Man stories (haven't read any of the comics though).

Now, I have a question: does the DLC matter at all for S-M Miles Morales? If not, is it worth playing through the DLC anyway? Does it set up anything for S-M2?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
The Dlc doesn't affect miles in anyway. None of it is that great but the last boss of the 3rd dlc was pretty fun.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The DLC definitely sets up several potential storylines for Spidey 2. It's not relevant for Miles, but it's something you should play before the sequel comes out.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The DLC in the main game does have a few conversations between Peter and Miles, and does sorta slowly set up for them training together, but that's about it. The end cutscene is cool but you wont really miss anything going straight to Miles.

That said, I personally loved the DLC, was great fun and had some cool moments for me personally.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Almost done with my NG+ ultimate run and I'll have re-achieved all the trophies for the PS5 version. I didn't bother with moving my save over.