• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sony x Remedy x Marvel

Doctor Strange.

Remedy seems like they could use a project like that at the moment. Hopefully Control does well but I think they need a big hit under their belt.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
S'all good. Different strokes. You liked the open world more and that's a valid take.
They're definitely two different games. I did love a lot of the places in AA, and some of the bossfights were very cool. I think only the story was what kind of started getting on my nerves to be honest. It was just crappy boss surprise after another with very little in the way of good acting or script besides Joker.

I think City toned that down a bit overall and let me let loose. But yeah the confined detective work was still pretty cool in AA.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely well deserved.

Kudos to Insomniac and Sony for the best Spider Man game as of yet.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Solid game and I'm happy for sony and insomniac, but I disagree with the consensus here. I found the arkham games to be infinitely better.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Solid game and I'm happy for sony and insomniac, but I disagree with the consensus here. I found the arkham games to be infinitely better.

differing of opinions...the arkham games had better sidequest designs that spider-man (which is pretty generic PS2-esque openworld sidequest designs) but the combat in spider-man is better as the arkham games relies on too much on countering...

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I doubt this is very accurate. Didnt NPD ignore pc and digital when arkham city came out?

It could still be right, but i dont think these figures could be compared to show that.

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this is very accurate. Didnt NPD ignore pc and digital when arkham city came out?

It could still be right, but i dont think these figures could be compared to show that.

Did any Arkham game even break 10 million sold? Spider-Man PS4 is clearly the best selling superhero game. Not just U.S. but worldwide. So much for being an exclusive hurting it. It helped to be a Sony first party exclusive.

Remedy up next...

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
differing of opinions...the arkham games had better sidequest designs that spider-man (which is pretty generic PS2-esque openworld sidequest designs) but the combat in spider-man is better as the arkham games relies on too much on countering...

I wasn't crazy about the combat in spiderman actually, but I can at least see why people would like it or feel how you did. That being said, the surrounding game was just so so much better in arkham. Like you said the side quests. Spiderman felt almost identical to infamous for me, with repetitive boring quests for each district over and over, like the surveillance cameras in infamous. The forced stealth sections were dull too. Arkham had a better mainline quest and the side quests all felt relevant and well thought out.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Played some tonight and finally started the dlc, completed the Black Cat one and did everything possible. Still feels amazing just swinging around.

So happy with the sales, felt like when it was released there was always some crazy "controversy" with the game. Whether it was huge threads complaining about the swinging not being Spider-Man 2 or the silly puddle gate or Spidey works with cops shit. Can not wait for the sequel.

Only thing I would've liked were some other Marvel characters. Web of Shadows is one of my favorites because the combat and swinging were so good but it also had the likes of Luke Cage, Moon Knight and Wolvie.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, Spidey just had a really good June thanks to the Days Of Play promotion.

Ladies and gentlemen, you don't have to like them, you don't have to love them, but billionaires are some of the most valuable people on the planet. They create jobs. They donate money to charity. They are the solid bedrock on which this country is built.

And WHAT, may I ask, has that wicked wall-crawler, SPIDER-MAN done? Spun a bunch of lies along with his crummy webs? NO! If you think a wealthy philanthropist lost his top slot legitimately to this masked moron, I've got a statue in a toga to sell you on LIberty Island.

How did Spider-Man do it? I'll tell you how: he hacked the sales! That's right! Who knows the world wide WEB better than an anarchist arachnid, huh? Huh? Think about it!

But, friends, I have to give the devil his due. Spider-Man rightfully earned the top slot on exactly one list: AMERICA'S MOST MENACING MENACE!

Pure gold.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Pretty amazing result for Insomniac.....Spidey is the worlds favorite super hero though.......and they nailed his game........congrats!
I wouldn't like to choose between these two though.....both fantastic games.
The only super heroes I like are Spider-Man,Batman and The Hulk.
Just waiting on that Hulk game now..................

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Insomniac were such a great fit for Spidey. I haven't played Spiderman but I have played Sunset Overdrive and it was clear these guys had what it takes to make a definitive Spiderman game. Such a great developer.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
The super hero game I enjoyed the most by far.

Still room for improvement, can't wait for the sequel.