• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
A huge achievement specially for an exclusive title.

Congrats to Insomniac, Sony & Marvel.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
tenor.gif

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Considering It's a ps4 exclusive, that's insane. The Arkham games have been on the last gen consoles, this gen, PC and not to mention some shitty Wii U ports.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Sony, Marvel, & Insomniac. Well deserved success. Another game this generation added to my all time favorites. Truly a fun experience.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
outside of lacking side missions, spiderman ps4 is the best iteration of spiderman games and arkham games in every way, including combat, definitely deserved, amazing game

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly Controversial: Arkham Asylum is the best of the trilogy because its most like a 3d metroidvania... with Batman. More so than the others give the confined space as the focus on unlocking traversal paths.

I don't think this is controversial at all.

Most agree that Asylum is the best Arkham title.

I know it's my favorite superhero game, in spite of my retro-nostalgic soft spot for Superman 2600.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Ladies and gentlemen, you don't have to like them, you don't have to love them, but billionaires are some of the most valuable people on the planet. They create jobs. They donate money to charity. They are the solid bedrock on which this country is built.

And WHAT, may I ask, has that wicked wall-crawler, SPIDER-MAN done? Spun a bunch of lies along with his crummy webs? NO! If you think a wealthy philanthropist lost his top slot legitimately to this masked moron, I've got a statue in a toga to sell you on LIberty Island.

How did Spider-Man do it? I'll tell you how: he hacked the sales! That's right! Who knows the world wide WEB better than an anarchist arachnid, huh? Huh? Think about it!

But, friends, I have to give the devil his due. Spider-Man rightfully earned the top slot on exactly one list: AMERICA'S MOST MENACING MENACE!
with a speech like this i can see how you became a Avenger

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Spider-Man PS4 is SONY's most underrated exclusive, best open world traverse, I think it's absurdly good.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Well deserved and I hope this success gives them all the room to make Spider-man 2 spectacular.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer Spiderman to the open-world Batmans. Arkham Asylum may still be my favorite superhero game though. I think Spiderman improved the combat but it got a little tedious. Both could stand improvement in boss fights. Spiderman is best suited superhero to an open-world game that I can think of (he can navigate so fast, but has limitations that reign him in and make it more fitting than an Ironman/Thor/Superman game which would require more massive worlds for traversal and superhuman enemies to make them interesting).

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I don't think this is controversial at all.

Most agree that Asylum is the best Arkham title.

I know it's my favorite superhero game, in spite of my retro-nostalgic soft spot for Superman 2600.

True. I get the impression that City is more popular and considered by many to be the superior game. For me, the open world lost a lot of cohesiveness and magic that Asylum had. The individual closed environments in City had some of that but it was no where's near as comprehensive as Asylum's interlocking map (which is near perfect).

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man is my second favorite comic book game behind Arkham Knight. Insomniac is in line to do some really spectacular things with the series, given how well this first game turned out.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
True. I get the impression that City is more popular and considered by many to be the superior game. For me, the open world lost a lot of cohesiveness and magic that Asylum had. The individual closed environments in City had some of that but it was no where's near as comprehensive as Asylum's interlocking map (which is near perfect).

100% agreed.

Could be that Arkham's success drew more people into the subsequent sequels (which were never as good as the original, imo). But that would explain larger audiences for the later games.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Considering only one of those games is an exclusive, that is insanely impressive.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well deserved. Back when Arkham Asylum and City were in their prime I was really hoping we'd get a similar game using the Spider-Man IP, so I'm really glad we actually got it and it was great!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Only NPD, but congrats to Insomniac nonetheless!
Such an amazing game. I loved Arkham City as well. Always been a Batman fan.

Marvel Games - https://www.marvel.com/games
Off to a great start. Money in the bank.
Nah, it's pretty much without a doubt best selling WW too. Spider-Man sold 9M copies in two months. Last official numbers of Arkham City were in the ~6-7M range iirc, and it's not like Spidey stopped there since that was before Christmas season and it has been at the top of the charts for most countries at least a few times throughout even 2019.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
But does it make you feel like the best-selling Superhero Game in the US?

gamstat

Mar 17, 2019
Just one note though. Something those big experts always forget to mention.

According to NPD, "Full Game Digital data begins from Jan 2012 to present day".
Batman: Arkham City was released in the US two and a half months before. So its number may not include the first two months of digital sales.