• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
The problem is that the fans hate the Inhumans and that's going to take forever to go away. Just look at this very thread and you see people celebrating.

If the show had worked then this hate wouldn't be here. I'm an X-Men/ X-factor and Inhumans team up kind of dude. That trade was a mistake for sure, but when Namor needed to get put down, who were we looking at to do it? There is no reason to turn Inhumans into mutants other that fans being short sighted.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
What if Disney doesn't even get the rights to Fox

Whuh-oh, gonna have to put brand new giant holes back in Lockjaw

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
The salty posts in here are what makes these books worth doing.

If nothing of consequence happened the same people would still complain and say Cates is a hack whatever. LOL

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
If the show had worked then this hate wouldn't be here. I'm an X-Men/ X-factor and Inhumans team up kind of dude. That trade was a mistake for sure, but when Namor needed to get put down, who were we looking at to do it? There is no reason to turn Inhumans into mutants other that fans being short sighted.
The hate existed long before the tv series and even it worked out comics fans wouldn't have changed their minds. We don't know what the state of the Inhumans will be after this story, but I'm not expecting them to become mutants.

What if Disney doesn't even get the rights to Fox

Whuh-oh, gonna have to put brand new giant holes back in Lockjaw
The Inhumans push was done either way with the way thing have gone down over the past year or two.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
The hate existed long before the tv series and even it worked out comics fans wouldn't have changed their minds. We don't know what the state of the Inhumans will be after this story, but I'm not expecting them to become mutants.

The Inhumans push was done either way with the way thing have gone down over the past year or two.

I mean, they actually pitted bases against each other on this one. The Inhuman vs mutants campaign literally did that. Still not one really good reason has been stated why the Inhumans now need to be converted to mutants. They just need to go into obscurity again.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
this is garbage, xmen haven't been shit for years and yes the death of cyk & the royal family stuff has largely been a mess in recent years (black bolt solo book aside) but Kirby's creations deserve better than this

Can't stand the inhumans. Good riddance!

some of y'all should go back & read stuff like the jenkins/lee run.

now if this was say the shi'ar I'd understand

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I mean it's easy to see why this was done. Look at these reactions.

Imagine the death of ANY other member of the classic Inhuman cast getting more than a shrug from most people. Even Black Bolt would not be terribly upsetting to most. They immediately went for the gut.

It sucks but I totally get it

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Disney can sell the inhumans to Comcast?

..then pay 500billion for Comcast in a few decades after Inhumans become the biggest franchise on the planet.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
why would kamala need to lose her early ties to her hero carol & the royal family? there's no need for that. there's a ton of young mutants, hell we still have some left from Morisons amazing run years ago

I would rather Marvel end the inhumans, and start a new series about an Irish Ninja.

flattered, but damn...have you given em a chance? again recent black bolt book was dope, ellis short karnak book was good, and kibblesmiths lockjaw mini was fun. just not getting the hate (inhumans vs xmen aside cause that was ass)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
b4MFumX.gif
Nh3.gif

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
flattered, but damn...have you given em a chance? again recent black bolt book was dope, ellis short karnak book was good, and kibblesmiths lockjaw mini was fun. just not getting the hate

Yeah I've only experienced them in random fashion. Mostly via Hickman's run when he did FF, Avengers, Infinity, Secret Wars, etc. They pop up here and there in other comics, more recently I saw them in Exiles (2001), and I just don't like the entire premise of them, I don't like the characters, or their design/powers, their holier than thou attitude to anyone who is not an inhuman. Nope. Don't like 'em. Won't even capitalise their name.

black bolt peed in my cereal.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
this is garbage, xmen haven't been shit for years and yes the death of cyk & the royal family stuff has largely been a mess in recent years (black bolt solo book aside) but Kirby's creations deserve better than this

some of y'all should go back & read stuff like the jenkins/lee run.

now if this was say the shi'ar I'd understand
Cosign, that was one of the earlier Inhumans books I read and it is quite good.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Jenkins/Lee run is amazing. Doesn't make the Inhumans likeable, in fact, it points to a huge problem in their society and it actually makes it worse (plus I think it was retconned). That's the thing, if the tv show took the high and mighty royal family and presented them, if not as villains, as at least misguided, they could do something with it, but who's supposed to root for these holier than though pretty people who lord it over everyone else?

Hey, I know you didn't know you were an Inhuman five minutes ago, but we unleashed this cloud and you got "lucky" even though we gave you no choice, so now you're my subject.

Hey, I know this is causing mutants to die and stuff, but, uh, without it we don't have any superpowers, so I will kill you for the right to keep the cloud around, forcibly converting people who thought they were humans into Inhumans.

Also, we're taking over part of the Bay area just because.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope not, freshly-terrigenesised Kamala Khan getting out of her cocoon morphed into Captain Marvel costume stuff is a nice part of her origin and development:
g5l9Fca.jpg

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
You have to put your foot down and show the stakes so kill a lovable character.

I'll leave the writing to the writers

Oct 25, 2017
The early 2000's Inhumans stuff was original and had some cool stories but ever since Marvel tried to elevate them to a higher status, they just became the low-rent X-men.

Reading X-Men in 2015-2016 had far too much Inhumans crap in it, and the payoff was pissweak.