• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Via CBR
After teasing a major event involving Carnage in February, Marvel Comics has revealed Absolute Carnage, which will arrive in August from writer Donny Cates, artist Ryan Stegman and colorist Frank Martin.

Marvel announced the event at C2E2 in Chicago before later sharing a press release for it online. The lead-up to the event will start in Spider-Man/Venom #1, which releases on March 5. The event itself will start in August, and it sounds absolutely massive.

RNMLdZ4.jpg

Oct 31, 2017
I know I'm not the only one who can't get the video game music out of my head

I don't even care about this event or anything with Carnage but that game music is so classic

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The current Venom series is doing great. Not surprised that Marvel wants them doing a new event (and not surprised they wanted to make Carnage the center of said event).

What a title, though, lol.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Reminder: The upcoming Marvel event starts in 2 weeks and ends in June...not sure how much will tie in but this is getting silly.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dig Carnage a lot but he's not super powerful so I'll be curious to see how they pit him up against a lot of the other heroes, though that image looks like it might have a clue to that. I'm also curious to see how events in Venom lead to this, that series has been fucking great so far.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
As someone who doesn't read Marcel comics but wants to:

I have an iPad Pro 11 inch Apple TV and iPhone X for media consumption.

I live in Canada.

How can I read AMA cel comics on a low budget? Do they have an App with a sub?

Is it recommended?

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who doesn't read Marcel comics but wants to:

I have an iPad Pro 11 inch Apple TV and iPhone X for media consumption.

I live in Canada.

How can I read AMA cel comics on a low budget? Do they have an App with a sub?

Is it recommended?
As someone in a somewhat similar situation to you, there's Marvel Unlimited and that seemingly works in Europe so should be no problem for Canada I guess? Other than that there's also comixology but I think that is only buying digital comics and not a flatrate subscription.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: The upcoming Marvel event starts in 2 weeks and ends in June...not sure how much will tie in but this is getting silly.

I don't know why you're having so much difficulty with this. Like, this isn't a linewide event like War of the Realms. It's more of a crossover event between Venom and Amazing Spider-Man. It looks more like Justice League/Aquaman or JLD/WW from last year, in that it starts with a one-shot and probably includes those books. Did you complain when those were going on at the same time as Heroes in Crisis and Doomsday Clock?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why you're having so much difficulty with this. Like, this isn't a linewide event like War of the Realms. It's more of a crossover event between Venom and Amazing Spider-Man. It looks more like Justice League/Aquaman or JLD/WW from last year, in that it starts with a one-shot and probably includes those books. Did you complain when those were going on at the same time as Heroes in Crisis and Doomsday Clock?

Basically give us time to breathe. I know this will be smaller but him saying everyone will be involved gave me that thought.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Basically give us time to breathe. I know this will be smaller but him saying everyone will be involved gave me that thought.

I don't know if you've been reading Venom and the Age of Venom one-shots, but the one with Carnage indicated that
he's going after anyone that bonded with a symbiote at one point or another.
So it'll probably tie a bunch of characters in, but I don't necessarily think it'll involve more than a few books, at most.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He was actually back like six months after dying during AXIS. Even had a solo run for a few years where he became the messiah for a weird eldritch cult.

Carnage dies a lot, even by comic book standards.

Oh

Jesus reading the post AXIS summary

Yeah nevermind this event is fine... probably a step towards better

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you've been reading Venom and the Age of Venom one-shots, but the one with Carnage indicated that
So it'll probably tie a bunch of characters in, but I don't necessarily think it'll involve more than a few books, at most.
After the last 2 Venom events, isn't that every superhero now.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Wouldn't this be pretty much everybody thanks to that atrocious event with the poisons a while back

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I believe this just means tie-ins you're free to skip.
Going by recent "events", I don't mind very focused crossovers (on a few core series) or dedicated mini-series, with a bunch of tie-ins that are their own books and don't fuck up other series.

Y'all remember when Sentry threw him into the sun
giphy.gif

Last edited: