• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not MCU related but

Yo, I just watched Logan for the first time. As far as superhero movies go, damn near a masterpiece. Glad Hugh went out on such a high note. Whoever takes over as MCU Wolverine has huge boots to fill.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to wait for the bluray of spiderverse, no time before christmas and January is busy as is

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers: Infinity War has been named the most mistake-filled movie of 2018, having 25 errors in it.

One of the "errors" (we've stayed twice in the thread that it's not an error already) they mention is that Thanos states that Gamora's people, the Zen-Whoberi, is now thriving after he erased half the population. While in Guardians of the Galaxy it's said that Gamora is the very last of the people.

The Russos has responded in the past with "who do you trust? Gamora or Thanos," which could be indicating that Thanos is either lying or doesn't know about the fate of the Zen-Whoberi. It could also be that half of them were wiped before the rest of them died leaving Gamora as the sole survivor.

I wouldn't classify this one "error" as an error.

Another error is a frame where Bruce Banner is trying to get the Hulk out in New York, his shirt is seen with a minor mudstain, where in the next frame it's a major splat.

I think the most "famous" error is at the end when Thanos goes to grab Vision by his neck. In the next frame Vision is sitting on the ground and Thanos goes to grab his neck again despite having already held him by the neck in the prior frame.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The best one is Peter having two widely different hairstyles seconds apart. My dude went Ultimate Spider-Man for shits and giggles while Doctor Strange argued with Iron-Man or someshit.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Goes to show that these errors will crop up when shoots and reshoots and body doubles and CGI are edited together to form a coherent scene. Don't envy the logistics of this movie.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
no movie is perfect

why even bring this up?
Why not bring this up?

I don't think anyone expects a movie to be perfect, and it's totally normal to have errors in movies. It can be fun and interesting to read and look for errors in the movies that you love.

Weird to ask this in a thread dedicated to the Marvel fandom who's interested in anything and everything MCU.

So how long until we might have a Spidey trailer?
I've only seen an article mention it'll come out in about 6-8 hours.

Last edited:

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers: Infinity War has been named the most mistake-filled movie of 2018, having 25 errors in it.

One of the errors they mention is that Thanos states that Gamora's people, the Zen-Whoberi, is now thriving after he erased half the population. While in Guardians of the Galaxy it's said that Gamora is the very last of the people.

The Russos has responded in the past with "who do you trust? Gamora or Thanos," which could be indicating that Thanos is either lying or doesn't know about the fate of the Zen-Whoberi. It could also be that half of them were wiped before the rest of them died leaving Gamora as the sole survivor.

I wouldn't classify this one "error" as an error per se, but it depends how you look at it.

Another and more correct error is a frame where Bruce Banner is trying to get the Hulk out in New York, his shirt is seen with a minor mudstain, where in the next frame it's a major splat.

I think the most "famous" error is at the end when Thanos goes to grab Vision by his neck. In the next frame Vision is sitting on the ground and Thanos goes to grab his neck again despite having already held him by the neck in the prior frame.
The one about gamora's race is absolutely not a movie error.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's what I said.
I know but they have it in the article, which is unjustified IMO.

The others are funny to see. Those are more typical than many know though. You have to watch scenes where people eat alongside talking, often in the next scene the food is still complete despite them already taken a bite.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Jack Chan must be a punching machine for these people as his movies always show big scenes two or three times in succession

luca

Oct 25, 2017
There's a 2:30 minute long Captain Marvel scene being shown off at CCXP.

- Each Starforce member has a special skill.
- There's tension between the Kree and the Skrulls.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
When's the SM:FFH panel?
In about 3 minutes.

Captain Marvel scene description:
The scene, running at 2 minutes and 30 seconds shows Carol Danvers trapped by the Skrulls, her hands cuffed and restricted by some sort of device. She's mentally probed by the Skrulls for some info but somehow manages to break free of the Skrulls, kicking some serious ass in the process that drove the crowd crazy. Reportedly, she screams back hard at a Skrull trying to scare her beats the crap out of it. Danvers apparently also smiled in the scene, quoting the titular Higher, Further, Faster that was prominently featured across the posters. As for dialogues, we only got one: before commencing her assault on the Skrulls, Danvers retorts, "I'm gonna do this old school".

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Is Mysterio an ally to Spider-Man?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Mysterio is an ally?

Reports from the first trailer indicate that fans of the classic Mysterio costume from the pages of Marvel Comics will not be disappointed. Yes, he will have the fishbowl helmet.

But fans who are expecting Mysterio to be a villain will be surprised to learn that he'll actually be an ally of the Spider-Man — thanks to Nick Fury.

"There are these threats to the world, the Elementals, elemental creatures. And Mysterio is someone who knows about them and wants to make sure that the world is safe from them," said Gyllenhaal. "And Nick Fury asks him to come on and help because he's the only one who really understands them. And then he teams up with friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and unfortunately has to make him become more than a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man."

Based on Gyllenhaal's comments, it sounds like Spider-Man will be pushed out of his comfort zone. This echoes remarks made by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, who first revealed the title Far From Home would have multiple meanings.

"Well, I mean, sure, let the speculation begin. That's always fun," Feige said to ComicBook.com. "We like [the title] of course because it ties into Homecoming, not just keeping that word going, which we like and we liked it more than Homecoming 2, but that notion of 'home' is a word that has dual meanings we'd like to continue with this [Marvel Cinematic Universe] version of Spider-Man. So, Far From Home has multiple meanings."

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I guess after seeing how people responded to the Manta suit in Aquaman, Marvel is now going full on fishbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.