• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Well, clearly we are reaching the point where GOTG3 will only be made under Gunn and no one else.

Thanks Douche Horn.

Alan-Horn-Featured-Management.jpg

It's likely we'll get something around the post Endgame stuff.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
James is pretty much a lock for "Suicide Squad 2" and that'll be release in 2021. Unless Marvel drops his pants, bent over, gives the dude a massive check while saying "I'm sorry" I don't think he'll be back for GOTG3.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I dont think that Gunn wants to work with Disney anytime soon. He knows that Kevin Feige was on his side, but it happens often that creators dont want to go back after incidents like these

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I dont think that Gunn wants to work with Disney anytime soon. He knows that Kevin Feige was on his side, but it happens often that creators dont want to go back after incidents like these

I don't think Disney would allow him back even if he wanted to. It's going to take years for the heat to cool down from this on that side. Feige is a non-factor, decisions like this are above his pay grade.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Re: that possible spoiler

I always kind of figured we'd have another Ancestral Plane scene where Killmonger, as a technical former Black Panther, shows up. Not sure if that's technically how it works in the MCU, but it would be a cool way to stage a quick return for the character.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Re: that possible spoiler

I always kind of figured we'd have another Ancestral Plane scene where Killmonger, as a technical former Black Panther, shows up. Not sure if that's technically how it works in the MCU, but it would be a cool way to stage a quick return for the character.

If true, this is the most I hope it goes.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Eh not sure how I feel about this...

Killmonger is such a cool and loved character I wouldn't mind if he was back. Hell, when I watched IW I was thinking about how cool it would've been had it been Killmonger and BP leading the charge and outrunning everyone.

With that being said I think he's dead. The great thing about BP is that he could be dead yet still appear. He is a former king so should show up.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.etonline.com/angela-bas...ave-confirmed-a-major-black-panther-2-spoiler

Angela Bassett's husband Courtney Vance may have revealed a casting spoiler for Black Panther 2.

Killmonger's returning!

I mean...

I always expected Killmonger to come back after the incredible response to Michael B Jordan's performance. More people were talking about Killmonger coming out of Black Panther than anyone else in that film. They'd be crazy not to bring back such a now beloved character tbh... and it's pretty easy to explain that he just passed out at the end of Black Panther and T'Challa used Wakandan tech to heal his wounds. Easy!

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Late but, I don't know why test audiences buzzing about Goose from Captain Marvel should alarm people
Didn't we hear similar things about Groot from GOTG1

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
imo Re: spoiler

I don't think they should have him back proper, but if they had him back as a voice in T'Challas head so to speak, or just a figure he sees, I think that would work incredibly well considering how much Killmongers world view rocked his own. Unless that ancestral plane has anything to do with how he sees him?

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Killmonger is such a cool and loved character I wouldn't mind if he was back. Hell, when I watched IW I was thinking about how cool it would've been had it been Killmonger and BP leading the charge and outrunning everyone.

With that being said I think he's dead. The great thing about BP is that he could be dead yet still appear. He is a former king so should show up.

I don't want km and BP to make up. Dude tried a coup and tried to launch a worldwide revolution. He should have been nowhere near the rest of the heroes.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
"Alarmed" is maybe too strong a word, but I saw some concern about whether that was a good thing for the movie as a whole or not
I'm not trying to attack anyone that feels that way, they are entitled to their opinion
I get what you meant, there were some comments on the twitters replies that amounted to 'lol the cats the best part? I knew this film was gonna suck!', which seemed odd considering the tweet ended in 'Must see this movie'

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

I'm picturing an early Vegeta/Goku conversation in the afterlife where they both hate each other lol

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
Marvel has got to knock cm out of the park, they are essentially handing her the keys to the kingdom, but if they muck it up, yeesh.

Last edited:

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Endgam but no CM at Super Bowl, would think CM is more pressing to get out there right now

luca

Oct 25, 2017
To me it makes a lot of sense not having a Superbowl spot, when they just showed a clip at Ellen.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Yea that's very puzzling. You know they got the marketing budget to do it. Unless maybe there's not enough commercial spots to go around.
Endgam but no CM at Super Bowl, would think CM is more pressing to get out there right now
Infinity War got a Super Bowl spot last year, but Black Panther only had a collaboration with Lexus
Captain Marvel also had a National Championship ad like Black Panther had last year

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
I'm reminded of when they showed a clip of the car chase scene from BP on some talk show and people complained about how dumb the dialogue was and why is Shuri explaining the suit to him while he's using it and blah blah blah and it played just fine in context with the whole movie.

Don't forget they tend to cut some bits out from these talkshow clips too.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reminded of when they showed a clip of the car chase scene from BP on some talk show and people complained about how dumb the dialogue was and why is Shuri explaining the suit to him while he's using it and blah blah blah and it played just fine in context with the whole movie.

Don't forget they tend to cut some bits out from these talkshow clips too.

yeah I'm getting the same vibes here lol

mediocre rapid cut action scene for the dumb masses to get them excited, but in the end is not representative of the film at all

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
They showed another fight scene at that Brazilian con last year that apparently was really cool (according to fan accounts), hope they show some of that as a clip.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
That scene doesn't look good, nonetheless I'm still hyped and this is from someone who hates comic Carol.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that CM clip is weak as shit and seems to be edited without any awareness whatsoever to what is actually going on in the scene.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Status
Not open for further replies.