• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kinda disappointing no one is praising the action sequence. Hope Russo Bros upgrade will be massive.

I know one person who's seen this (she liked it) and while I refused to be told much since I want to walk in unspoiled, she said that (in her opinion) the action is kind of a let down after Alita. Her words were something like "Alita fights, Carol kind of just exists and stuff blows up".

I think Captain Marvel may suffer from the Superman syndrome, as a superheroine. She's so powerful that she's not really meant to interact or perform choreographies, she touches stuff and it explodes.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I think that's just Visanideth's Alita-stanning friend. Obviously the action will be of a different pitch in Alita.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What's with all the Alita comparisons?
well, it's a recent female lead action movie. I think it's not surprising for people to compare their action scenes. and Alita have really nice action scenes. not reaching Alita action shouldn't mean Captain Marvel action will be bad. the few bit of action we see in trailer look really cool imo. especially when she got her mask on and make things explode

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
What's the likelihood of us getting an Endgame trailer before Captain Marvel. Perhaps with the trailer showing a glimpse of her?

Would be a great way to get one last push to the millions who'll watch the trailer even if there'll be a few complaining about spoilers.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
What's the likelihood of us getting an Endgame trailer before Captain Marvel. Perhaps with the trailer showing a glimpse of her?

Would be a great way to get one last push to the millions who'll watch the trailer even if there'll be a few complaining about spoilers.
Probably not, they're not going to want to overshadow Captain Marvel. Last year Marvel didn't drop the second trailer for Infinity War until a month after Black Panther came out. They likely won't wait as long this time, since there's only like 6-7 weeks between CM and Endgame, but I don't think there will be a new Endgame trailer in the next two weeks.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Probably not, they're not going to want to overshadow Captain Marvel. Last year Marvel didn't drop the second trailer for Infinity War until a month after Black Panther came out. They likely won't wait as long this time, since there's only like 6-7 weeks between CM and Endgame, but I don't think there will be a new Endgame trailer in the next two weeks.

Might CM even end with some Endgame footage?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

this seems to be the new normal when it comes to MCU marketing. the films look super generic and average in the pre-release trailers/footage (because that's what the dumb masses want)... and then the film comes out and those trailers are not indicative of the film AT ALL. In the best possible way. Because Papa Feige knows what we REALLY want.

Happy to see this happening again with Captain Marvel. Hype increasing.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
this seems to be the new normal when it comes to MCU marketing. the films look super generic and average in the pre-release trailers/footage (because that's what the dumb masses want)... and then the film comes out and those trailers are not indicative of the film AT ALL. In the best possible way. Because Papa Feige knows what we REALLY want.

Happy to see this happening again with Captain Marvel. Hype increasing.
I feel like this isn't entirely true. Movies like Civil War, Ragnarok, etc. very much had trailers matching their respective film's tones.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Variety: Black Panther's "All The Stars" won't be performed at the Oscars.

Despite the Academy's efforts to secure Kendrick Lamar and SZA for a performance of the Oscar-nominated song "All the Stars" from "Black Panther" on the upcoming Oscars telecast, the duo will not be a part of the show, Variety has learned.

Deadline has more on the reason why:
Lamar, from what we've heard from sources outside AMPAS, has been abroad focusing on recording his new album and the closing four week schedule post-Noms was a challenge to turnaround a stage performance that would do justice to "All the Stars". Reportedly, Lamar also was unable to perform at the Grammys due to his busy work on the new album.

By the way, the whole plot of Captain Marvel seem to have leaked on Reddit, so beware out there!

goose1yukw9.jpg

Last edited:

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My hype was at minimum levels for Captain Marvel but these last couple of days something inside me woke up I don't know and now I'm cautiously hyped about it.

And I'm going pretty much spoiler/trailer free since the only thing I've seen was the first trailer one time and that's it. Bring it in, Carol.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty excited for CM now despite not being all that into Skrulls as a concept. I never read about them when I was into comics as a kid so I only know what I've heard about them online. Is there something more to them other than the shape-shifting or are they basically a race of Mystique-likes?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Less than zero. They don't want to overshadow CM with endgame stuff.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty excited for CM now despite not being all that into Skrulls as a concept. I never read about them when I was into comics as a kid so I only know what I've heard about them online. Is there something more to them other than the shape-shifting or are they basically a race of Mystique-likes?
You remember how at one point everything was HYDRA?

Now, everything is about to be Skrulls. They're going to attempt to take over the world by quietly inserting themselves into every facet of society and wait for the signal to make shit pop off. They have a queen and several operatives who disguise themselves as prominent Avengers. They also have the their own line of supersoldiers who can copy the abilities of various superheroes.

So, the thing to look forward to is the paranoia of not knowing who is and isn't a Skrull.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Now, everything is about to be Skrulls. They're going to attempt to take over the world by quietly inserting themselves into every facet of society and wait for the signal to make shit pop off. They have a queen and several operatives who disguise themselves as prominent Avengers. They also have the their own line of supersoldiers who can copy the abilities of various superheroes.

So, the thing to look forward to is the paranoia of not knowing who is and isn't a Skrull.

Everything was hydra. In those two movies. Got it.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017

Man I hate that though. At least with Hydra it was actually the people who were traitors. I'm not a big fan of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers stuff.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait for the "who's been a skrull all along bingo" to kick off. 'Cause I'd like to throw a handful of money at Maria Hill.

Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask a quick question,
Wasn't a point in Iron Man 1 that S.H.I.E.L.D. didn't go by "SHIELD" yet?
now after AoS and Seemingly Captain Marvel they were calling it SHIELD decades before that.

Can't remember if it was in Antman's flashback.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New Captain Marvel clip with Annette Bening's character and a little exposition dump:

Just listened to the interview, and she also reveals who her character is.

This movie is gonna be super interesting.

Last edited:

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
The Loki show will have Tom Hiddleston playing Loki, contrary to what some rumors said a few weeks ago:

How many movies will the various labels make each year for the service?
The quality of the idea and the piece itself will drive whether we can make it or not. Sean may have three or four a year that he can contribute, and Marvel has a few things — we're doing [a series] with Tom Hiddleston playing the Loki character.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...er-streaming-pixar-post-john-lasseter-1187054

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Although this is Comicbook.com, apparently they had an interview with Feige recently.

Feige debunks R-rating rumor:
"It never was going to be," Feige said. "Somebody writes, 'I hear it's R-rated!' And then everybody writes it up." As it turns out, the rumor was never anything more than just that.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Do we need the Black Widow movie to be r-rated? Dottie on Agent Carter was plenty chilling as a black widow, and that was on network prime time tv

luca

Oct 25, 2017

So apparently James Gunn's influence on the larger cosmic side was blown out of proportion. He also confirms like Chris Pratt, that they're using his GotG3 script:
"His influence was Guardians. It was Guardians," Feige said about Gunn's involvement. "It was his input on Guardians and the Avengers films, as you've seen in Infinity War, and on the Guardians 3script, which we're still using. So you'll see that influence. I think online, sort of the notion of 'architect across multiple cosmic things' was slightly blown out of proportion."

Kevin Feige has also said that Marvel Studios won't announce anything until after Spider-Man: Far From Home, which comes as no surprise. And that they got plans for the next 5-6 years, but that they won't announce all the films for those 6 years.

"I don't think we'll be announcing five or six years, but we know sort of where we want to head in the next five or six years," Feige concludes.

For a long time I've felt like they won't do a slate-announcement again, but if they do, I could see them announce projects for the next 3-4 years. That would be around 8-11 movies. And we know 7 of the Phase 4 movies already.

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

So apparently James Gunn's influence on the larger cosmic side was blown out of proportion. He also confirms like Chris Pratt, that they're using his GotG3 script:

Kevin Feige has also said that Marvel Studios won't announce anything until after Spider-Man: Far From Home, which comes as no surprise. And that they got plans for the next 5-6 years, but that they won't announce all the films for those 6 years.

For a long time I've felt like they won't do a slate-announcement again, but if they do, I could see them announce projects for the next 3-4 years. That would be around 8-11 movies. And we know 7 of the Phase 4 movies already.

Dr Strange 2, Far From Home, BP 2, Black Widow, Guardians 3, what's the other 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.