• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
He skipped a bunch of questions. Collider filmed the entire thing, including every fan question, and they'll be posting it eventually. It was 2 hours long.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever been so impatient for a trailer. Especially one I kind of want to avoid watching…
When the hell is this thing going to drop??

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Ok, with DD's cancellation I'm pretty convinced that none of these shows are actually being 'cancelled' per se. They're going to Disney+, it's just that they can't announce that for now, so the shows are just being cancelled after their most recent or currently in production seasons are released. I'm guessing The Punisher will also be 'cancelled' after season 2, then JJ will be 'cancelled' after season 3, and then they'll announce the move.

Haven't all the cancellations been put as the show not returning 'on Netflix', after all?

The Maharaja

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, with DD's cancellation I'm pretty convinced that none of these shows are actually being 'cancelled' per se. They're going to Disney+, it's just that they can't announce that for now, so the shows are just being cancelled after their most recent or currently in production seasons are released. I'm guessing The Punisher will also be 'cancelled' after season 2, then JJ will be 'cancelled' after season 3, and then they'll announce the move.

Haven't all the cancellations been put as the show not returning 'on Netflix', after all?
Um, no. The contractual obligations means that none of the shows are moving. The characters might though.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I really wanted to see Bullseye's full evolution (Wilson Bethel did an amazing job), but the DD cancellation is unsuprising yet sad after how awesome Season 3 was. Somebody get Erik Olsen on a new Marvel show or movie on the double.

If the characters don't move to Hulu (Disney is gonna take it international) then they may be rebooted down the line.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn season 3 was so good. Really disappointing that we won't get any more, but at least it ended on a high and without a cliffhanger.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm incredibly bummed about this cancellation, but I'm at least grateful that my favorite hero as a child got three seasons worth of quality content. I'll miss this cast. I'll always have these three seasons to cherish.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Is the prequel comic worth getting ?

It's just an adaptation of Infinity War, so not really.

Also, images of the Captain Marvel Funko Pops are out, and appear to confirm that
Jude Law's character is Yon-Rogg, not Mar-Vell, which would likely mean that he's the actual primary antagonist and that Talos is a secondary villain marketing bait-and-switch, a la Ayesha in GOTG2. Called it.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

giphy.gif

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Carol in her green StarForce outfit is called "Vers." I wonder if the Kree have brainwashed her into thinking she's a Kree herself.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
So disappointed in all of the Marvel Netflix shows being cancelled. Does Disney even offer any rated r content on any platform?

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Carol in her green StarForce outfit is called "Vers." I wonder if the Kree have brainwashed her into thinking she's a Kree herself.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/the-future-of-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-robocop

"No, but RoboCop is a good example. RoboCop is almost a perfectly structured movie. We do have a movie that's utilizing that. The lessons learned from that structure in good ways. It's not a robot person, though."

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I remember absolutely nothing from RoboCop. Last I saw it was when I was a kid. I should rectify that someday.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I remember absolutely nothing from RoboCop. Last I saw it was when I was a kid. I should rectify that someday.
Saw it for the first time (well in its totality, had seen clips before) last month and it's great
How can you not like a movie called Robocop? Even the name just screams "sci-fi action schlock". Any other director or actor or era and a movie called Robocop would probably be nothing more than that. But when you combine the stoic cool of Peter Weller, Verhoeven's keen eye for balancing dark satire with gory action, and the fears and concerns of the 1980s, you get a movie that stands the tests of time as one of the gold standards of genre film

I can't recall if I had ever seen Robocop before or just scenes and moments here and there. But watching it now, I was impressed by how well-paced it was, how efficiently it sets up characters and ties plot threads together. There's never a dull or wasted moment in Robocop. The characters are established just enough to familiarize and humanize, without slowing down the pace of the story. The villainous aren't just stereotypical "evil CEO" or "crime boss", they're sleazy and confident and memorable, oozing personality.

Thirty years later, and Robocop as a character remains a thrilling presence. It's Weller's excellent performance, nailing the feeling of the man in the machine. It's the carefully-plotted and brutal build-up. It's the contrast between Murphy the man and Robocop the unstoppable tank of a hero, the balance between Terminator cool - the thermal vision, the precision, the relentless pursuit - with the tragedy and horror of his creation.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I was checking out new and upcoming releases on the website of the company that makes every steelbook ever, and saw these...

bc57b44e4ddcb87c9ab95b1e43578674.png
a98dca1147fb05160cde17cb766c38e3.png

They all have a release date of December 5th, but no retailers except European ones.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

[edit]
Found the source at Deadline.

Also getting an upgrade: Marvel Studios star Elizabeth Olsen has played Scarlet Witch as a supporting character in four films to date. The character will be a title character for the first time next year with the launch of Vision and the Scarlet Witch, a Disney+ streaming series.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's the good shit.

Question is whether it's pre-Infinity War when they're starcrossed lovers or post-Infinity War with some sort of fuckery involved, magic or otherwise.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That is ... a pretty bad title

And I wonder how they will make Vision work .... I wonder if Avengers 4 will make the white version of him much more make up made than cgi

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So next week happens both the Tokyo and the Brazilian comic cons one next to each other.

THIS is why every trailer and news will come next week, it is like the nerd interplanetary alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.