• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Cpt Marvel trailer didn't grab me but I'll go regardless.

BP trailer didn't grab me and I loved the film.

However, I hate comic book Carol.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the same. I didn't like the first Captain Marvel trailer much, and has been anticipating the second trailer the most. I am hoping they have more effects ready to show her flying in space, more of her spaceship, her cat etc. Next thing I'm hyped for is the Far From Home trailer, and then Avengers 4.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the Captain Marvel trailer precisely because I didn't like the last one. I want to be hyped by the trailer because I've been looking forward to the movie since well before they announced it in 2014 or so. Same thing happened with Aquaman where I wasn't feeling that first trailer at all, but everything since has been great. I want that for Captain Marvel.

Don't get me wrong about wanting to see Avengers 4. But for me, I tend to like the solo movies much more than team ups.
I REALLY loved the Captain Marvel trailer since it felt super off brand for Marvel. Like something like Ant-Man 2's trailer which was decent enough but it totally felt like Marvel while this didn't. I also liked how epic in scale the movie seems, way more than a solo movie. It gave me some Rogue One vibes where I thought the movie was gonna be smaller and then we see a trailer where they're running away from a planet as it's breaking apart. It felt Avengers tier big.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
giphy.gif

^Can't wait for a higher-quality gif of this beauty

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to get a little worried about Captain Marvel. I'm still not feeling Brie Larson in the role. But the scenes of Carol flying in space shooting down space ships is exactly what I've been waiting for, so that's what's have me still hoping for a great film.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping Carol has more of a personality in the film than she does in the trailers so far.

We've already seen the serious stoic badass thing with Gamora and its....awful.

Charisma is pretty important.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Do we know when Carol had her civilian life stripped away? Like, when she's with Fury, it's like 93, so when was she a pilot? In the 80's? Cause it seems like she's fighting with the Kree for quite some time before coming back to Earth.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Really hoping Carol has more of a personality in the film than she does in the trailers so far.

I'm kinda deferring to people saying Brie's acting ties into the plot and Kree. I dunno. She's a great actress and charismatic in most of her movies, but even as a fan, in stuff like Kong and Free Fire she does feel like she's slumming it. It's hard to imagine it'd be the same case here considering the importance and scale of the movie. So waiting to see.

Trailer didn't do it for me the way I was hoping it would. At least it's not the last we'll see of Captain Marvel this week.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Isn't she supposed to be a "Robocop" character though? I feel like that's different than the way Gamora is.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having fun watching people jump to all kinds of negative conclusions about Avengers 4 based on two minutes of random footage from the Captain Marvel trailer.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Brie does great, the footage looks great, my only worry is that as someone who loves her earth character, so to speak, her everyday life on earth, the distinctly human problems there, I hope it's not just contained in brief seconds-long flashbacks in this movie.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
My favorite thing is how like 75% of voice over dialogue from trailers ends up not being used in the final movie. They ADR the shit out of all these movies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So, we should be getting a confirmation soon if the trailer is coming tomorrow...right? Mahval? Hello? You there?😰

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
It was bumped back a day or two because Bush's funeral is on Wednesday, I have a hunch that that's also the real reason the CM trailer came out first and why the scoopers on Twitter were so confused over the weekend and kept getting conflicting info...

luca

Oct 25, 2017
People assuming Carol won't have much of a personality from the trailer gonna feel like fools when this movie is out.
Yeah, I posted this in the Cap Marvel thread as well:

This part of Nerdist's report is reassuring. Although they've said again and again that her sassy-ness and humor will translate to the movie.

In the comics, Carol is known for her whip smart humor and sure-footedness, which according to Larson is not something that she'll be losing in the adaptation. "I think she has an ego, but in a healthy way," Larson said. "She doesn't have an unrealistic expectation of herself. She just owns that she's really good and really skilled, which feels good to play. She also has an incredible sense of humor, makes fun of herself, makes fun of other people, and has no issue if someone makes fun of her."

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
They're probably not directing another big crossover, but they'll oversee character integration.

It's good that Marvel Studios wouldn't leave that strictly in the hands of producers and keep the creatives involved.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the theory about Carol is very interesting. Definitely would be one of the biggest twists in the MCU.

Holy crap, I know there's a ton of theories out there, but if true, it'd explain a lot.

Here's some fun speculative ideas based on this idea:

So, Feige said it was an origin story and new one. And it's suggested that CM was brainwashed into Kree service, etc. And while that's nothing new (amnesiac hero discovers origin etc) it's suggested that the CM in the film is really a Skrull.

Which makes sense in a lot of ways. Color change in uniform. Personality wise. "New way of telling the origin". There's a shot in the trailer where they're looking at her memories and a Skrull is standing next to her. Ben Mendelson's character says something like "You want to know who you really are"

So, given that.. the Avengers 4 toy leaks have suggested there's another bigger threat on the way. While I don't think we'll see the Skrulls in the film as the big threat, I'll bet the stinger has it. Perhaps Cap is killed, and it's revealed that Cap was replaced somewhere during his Nomad/Secret Avengers days. Said stinger showing Cap is captivity, tying into what the Russo Brothers said that Evans isn't quite done with the character yet.

To recap. CM is shown as a Skrull midway through the origin film. Changes costume color. Skrull plot is revealed raising the question of the larger threat. Being in close proximity to Avengers 4 means the Skrull plan may start unfolding in Avengers 4. Any characters they want to get rid of (looking at you Guardians, will be written off as Skrulls, with the possibility of reintroducing them if need be) Hell, this may be how Daredevil eventually gets folded in things to help weed out Skrull spies. A4 stinger is probably Stark giving the eulogy over Cap's body planning to retire because of the high stakes while cutting away to reveal Cap is captured. Eventually Stark and Cap will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.