• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I think they are pretty on par, its just that Marvel is already at the point that they throw in minor characters in the mix that are changed because they most likely look not that good in live action.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Also (plus Marisa Tomei, who he forgot):

The aftermath of Endgame must be a helluva thing if it's just a standard adventure with Fury and Hill back in the groove.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Having re-read JMS' Thor run a while ago, I was thinking that the MCU is in a perfect spot to recreate the start of that. Nearly all the Asgardians are dead, so they could do the arc of pulling out the God personas from regular humans and creating a new Asgard from a slab of (rural American) land. In the JMS run, the new Asgard also came after Ragnarok, where everything Asgardian (outside of Mjolnir) was wiped from the universe.

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I am actually happy Marvel Studios for once went with cooler villain(mysterio) instead of lame shit i thought they were hinted(scorpion).

Doctor Strange Sequel News

luca

Oct 25, 2017

We already know of 7 Phase 4 films.

Spider-Man: Far From Home
Black Widow
Eternals
Black Panther 2
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Doctor Strange 2
Shang-Chi

I really don't think they're gonna do a Phase announcement event. Projects are gonna come out through the press.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Black Widow
Eternals
Black Panther 2
Doctor Strange 2
Shang-Chi

I really don't think they're gonna do a Phase announcement event. Projects are gonna come out through the press.

I disagree.

I think they're going to do a Phase 4 blowout a la Phase 3, complete with filmmakers and logos.

At least, I hope they do.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Black Widow
Eternals
Black Panther 2
Doctor Strange 2
Shang-Chi

So from that list, and given the dates on Disney's calendar for Marvel movies:

Spider-Man: Far From Home July 2019
Black Widow May 2020
Eternals Nov 2020
Black Panther 2 Feb 2021
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 May 2021
Doctor Strange 2 Nov 2021
Shang-Chi Feb 2022

Still nothing for May 2022, though that lines up with a new Avengers. We can also probably expect another 2020 movie, because I think that third date was only temporarily removed until they figure out wtf is happening with GOTG3. As of right now there is an Untitled Marvel Movie with a TBD release date on the schedule.

So that leaves 2 spots open, and considering we're talking 2022 here... Fantastic Four? Thor 4? Complete new IP that no one could have predicted because Kevin Feige is a crazy man?

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So from that list, and given the dates on Disney's calendar for Marvel movies:

Spider-Man: Far From Home July 2019
Black Widow May 2020
Eternals Nov 2020
Black Panther 2 Feb 2021
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 May 2021
Doctor Strange 2 Nov 2021
Shang-Chi Feb 2022

Still nothing for May 2022, though that lines up with a new Avengers. We can also probably expect another 2020 movie, because I think that third date was only temporarily removed until they figure out wtf is happening with GOTG3. As of right now there is an Untitled Marvel Movie with a TBD release date on the schedule.

So that leaves 2 spots open, and considering we're talking 2022 here... Fantastic Four? Thor 4? Complete new IP that no one could have predicted because Kevin Feige is a crazy man?

Ant man 3 is a safe bet.

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
So when is Spider-Man trailer coming out ? everyone thought it was saturday?

also just do Fantastic Four as a group of students at MIT conference which Stark gave funds. They go crazy go space / time vortex and come back little older with powers ( if they want them older - old in physically but still unexperienced) or just stay them younger.

It could work so good

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I want a new IP. We basically only have Eternals and Shang-Chi. I wouldn't mind Ms Marvel, an Ultimates movie introducing Ms Chavez and Blue Marvel or Fantastic Four.

So when is Spider-Man trailer coming out ? everyone thought it was saturday?
Last I heard was before the 21st.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Out of all the new projects I'm most excited for Eternals because that will expand the MCU in the biggest way. That being said, they can go nuts in a new Dr. Strange movie too, there's a lot of potential there now that they don't have to bother with an origin story.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I just hope the next time Strange is written as amazing as in Infinity War. Its a bit odd, that he was always the best when he was in other peoples movies.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I just hope the next time Strange is written as amazing as in Infinity War. Its a bit odd, that he was always the best when he was in other peoples movies.

Well, considering both of his other appearences were after his own movie, it's probably just a case of character development. He was still training for most of his own movie, of course.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers: Infinity War has been named the most mistake-filled movie of 2018, having 25 errors in it.

One of the errors they mention is that Thanos states that Gamora's people, the Zen-Whoberi, is now thriving after he erased half the population. While in Guardians of the Galaxy it's said that Gamora is the very last of the people.

The Russos has responded in the past with "who do you trust? Gamora or Thanos," which could be indicating that Thanos is either lying or doesn't know about the fate of the Zen-Whoberi. It could also be that half of them were wiped before the rest of them died leaving Gamora as the sole survivor.

I wouldn't classify this one "error" as an error.

Another error is a frame where Bruce Banner is trying to get the Hulk out in New York, his shirt is seen with a minor mudstain, where in the next frame it's a major splat.

I think the most "famous" error is at the end when Thanos goes to grab Vision by his neck. In the next frame Vision is sitting on the ground and Thanos goes to grab his neck again despite having already held him by the neck in the prior frame.
That one isn't an error, it's a retcon. Because when Gunn wrote GOTG, Thanos'" kill half of all populations he conquers" gimmick hadn't been conceived of by the IW screenwriters. In general Thanos as the MCU character hadn't been fleshed out in great detail until IW was written.
It's easily explained away anyway as Thanos just assuming the planet is thriving because he's deranged and is convinced his method is a fix-all solution.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
That one isn't an error, it's a retcon. Because when Gunn wrote GOTG, Thanos'" kill half of all populations he conquers" gimmick hadn't been conceived of by the IW screenwriters. In general Thanos as the MCU character hadn't been fleshed out in great detail until IW was written.
It's easily explained away anyway as Thanos just assuming the planet is thriving because he's deranged and is convinced his method is a fix-all solution.
Yeah, we've mentioned twice that it's not an error. As you said, it can be explained away.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New still released today apparently. Not that it shows anything new whatsoever.

I don't like that Carol is getting so much action on Earth. Kind of wish it was contained to space, but she both crashes on Earth and fires laser beams here, yet nobody's mentioned her since the 90s. Or how a woman in a Kree suit kicked ass on a train back then.

dulrpqpw4aapcsr3adh5.jpg

Netflix has also confirmed that The Punisher S2 releases in January.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
New still released today apparently. Not that it shows anything new whatsoever.

I don't like that Carol is getting so much action on Earth. Kind of wish it was contained to space, but she both crashes on Earth and fires laser beams here, yet nobody's mentioned her since the 90s. Or how a woman in a Kree suit kicked ass on a train back then.

dulrpqpw4aapcsr3adh5.jpg

Netflix has also said that The Punisher S2 comes out soon, so it's probably hitting in January.

Maybe Fury meninblacked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.