• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I hope in Endgame they touch on how the world views what happened with the snap and how they rationalize it. Since the avengers are essentially the only ones in the galaxy that know what really happened, it'll be interested what the narrative is that the world believes to be the truth.

The religious aspect of rationalizing half the population being wiped out would probably dominate people's mindsets. Because what are they going to believe? That an all powerful alien gathered up magic space stones and snapped his fingers and killed everyone? Even the avengers holding a press conference to explain the events of everything would be met with heavy skepticism

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So the second Carol trailer only has 27mil views vs the End Game trailer with 74mil... I know I know thats hardly proof of anything but I think / wouldnt surprise me if they hang onto Avengers heavily when the Captain Marvel marketing for into full swing.

I also dont think Carol will easily (or at all) do 1bill like so many initially predicted but Ive been saying that for awhile :/

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope in Endgame they touch on how the world views what happened with the snap and how they rationalize it. Since the avengers are essentially the only ones in the galaxy that know what really happened, it'll be interested what the narrative is that the world believes to be the truth.

The religious aspect of rationalizing half the population being wiped out would probably dominate people's mindsets. Because what are they going to believe? That an all powerful alien gathered up magic space stones and snapped his fingers and killed everyone? Even the avengers holding a press conference to explain the events of everything would be met with heavy skepticism

Honestly they have a ton of ground to cover already so I can't see it happening. Our best chance at something along those lines would have been Agents of Shield but I doubt they'll dwell too much on the snap either.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Honestly they have a ton of ground to cover already so I can't see it happening. Our best chance at something along those lines would have been Agents of Shield but I doubt they'll dwell too much on the snap either.

Oh, they'll definitely start season 6 with the snap reversed, probably through time travel so it goes unmentioned. The fact that Season 6 doesn't air until after Endgame is out makes that obvious.

If it also turns out that Endgame is set after a timeskip, I would actually like to see a comic series following AoS in the 'Snap Timeline'. I think it would make for some interesting stories, especially if it went HORRIBLY brutal (May is dusted in Tahiti, the gang finds Fitz's pod filled with ash, etc.), but I feel like it would be doomed to just sort of end one day.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

The best way for this to be done is probably through a prequel comic or book because I think you could do a lot with it. That said I hope we do get a little acknowledgement in the film.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Oh I dont want them to dwell on it or anything. Maybe a news clip in the background while Banner is looking through the missing files or something. The Pope saying how the we witnessed the rapture or the end of days or something and Cap shakes his head in an if they only knew kinda way.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
x7v7vq4fa9621.jpg

Empire's Feb 2019 issue is supposed to have a huge Captain Marvel / Endgame blowout. It's supppsed to come out Dec 27.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I cancelled my digital sub to Empire, but I think I still get 1 or 2 more issues before the billing cycle comes up again. Can't wait to read all the articles and see all the pics BEFORE I get my f'n magazine. I really hate that all that stuff gets out weeks in advance even if I have a digital sub for something.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Infinity War and I'm at the part where Iron Man is fighting Thanos and his fists turn into two giant defibulators and I'm laughing my ass off. The action in this movie is batshit crazy.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Cool, just realized Target sent me the wrong Ant Man & The Wasp edition. And since I ordered this in October, I'm probably SOL. Cool. Cool cool cool.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
New info on Captain Marvel and Talos from the Marvel Studios character encyclopedia:

zymfmlz0sk621.jpg

I gotta say that the Skrull looks more comic accurate than in previous pictures.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they are really hesitant on using new footage, aren't they? I think that tv spot was literally a 30 second version of the second trailer. I'm curious as to what they're hiding.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, they are really hesitant on using new footage, aren't they? I think that tv spot was literally a 30 second version of the second trailer. I'm curious as to what they're hiding.
If the leaked Funko pop was anything to go by, there's probably a lot more going on with Carol's time at Starforce and the true villain than the trailers want to show.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Another look at the Starforce, and that's Minn-Erva with a mask!

I really hope they get time to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.