• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
They won't do this again.
They didn't actually say publicly that they wouldn't do this again? Maybe I'm misremembering.

But holy shit, can you imagine if they did it after getting back X-men and F4? We'd get a shit ton of crazy announcements on top of all the new non-X-men/F4 related movies.

And then they'd also talk about the Disney+ shows, too. It'd be amazingly hype.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't actually say publicly that they wouldn't do this again? Maybe I'm misremembering.

But holy shit, can you imagine if they did it after getting back X-men and F4? We'd get a shit ton of crazy announcements on top of all the new non-X-men/F4 related movies.

They said something along the lines of: we are probably not going to go forward with the traditional phases. That coupled with the fact that announcing 4 years worth of movies reveals a lot about where they want to take stuff story and narrative wise. They already learned a lesson with serpent society and inhumans. I don't think we will ever have marvel do a 4 year reveal again.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The Punisher S2 comes out on January 18:

pun1iezy.jpg

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They said something along the lines of: we are probably not going to go forward with the traditional phases. That coupled with the fact that announcing 4 years worth of movies reveals a lot about where they want to take stuff story and narrative wise. They already learned a lesson with serpent society and inhumans. I don't think we will ever have marvel do a 4 year reveal again.

Lol, Serpent Society was never a thing.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Feige said they're announcing the slate at SDCC.

"That's one of the main reasons we're not going to Hall H this year," he continues, "is because Ant Man & the Wasp will have just been released, Infinity War will be out, Captain Marvel will have just finished filming, Spider-Man will have just started filming, and we're not gonna be making any other announcements. So we're gonna wait until Comic-Con next year."
Lol, Serpent Society was never a thing.
It was a thing to hide the Civil War reveal until the end of the presentation.​

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Feige said they're announcing the slate at SDCC.
It was a thing to hide the Civil War reveal until the end of the presentation.​
He doesn't say they're going to announce the slate, like how they did back in 2014, just that they're going to wait until SDCC to make future announcements. It's a very vague comment that doesn't really tell us WHAT those announcements will be, could just be them announcing what the 2020 movies will be and nothing past that.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
He doesn't say they're going to announce the slate, like how they did back in 2014, just that they're going to wait until SDCC to make future announcements. It's a very vague comment that doesn't really tell us WHAT those announcements will be, could just be them announcing what the 2020 movies will be and nothing past that.

Back when IW was coming out, every outlet was asking him when they'd announce the slate. That's what he was answering. That quote was from Den of Geek.

Then he told The Playlist a similar thing:

He confirmed that we're going to wait at least until 'Avengers 4' hits theaters next May before any Phase 4 announcements, saying:

"Ideally, I think that's what we'd like to do. We did a big event a couple of years ago where we announced like ten movies between 2014 and 2019 and we haven't delivered all of those yet and we haven't delivered the promise when we made that really big deal of announcing all those movies. And so now to make a big deal of 'even more movies, before the movies that we already announced!' doesn't seem like the right thing to do."​

Oct 31, 2017
I received my voluntary letter to make my selection if I want cash or Disney stock for my Fox shares.

Thing to take from that is Expiration date is January 28th. They wouldn't set such a date if they didn't plan to close around that time. It's coming soon.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I've added the past month's posts with major news to this thread's threadmarks. You can access them via the 'Highlights' menu at the bottom or top of the page in this thread. I'll keep it updated regularly so people can use it to catch up on news discussions.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
...and in that moment John Krasinski and Emily Blunt take the stage both of them wearing F4 logos on their chests (I don't know who to cast as Johnny or Ben, feel free to start a discussion).
I really want Taron Egerton in the MCU in one role or another and think he could be great as Johnny, especially if we get a British Sue Storm. I've never heard him do an American accent so that's the only issue I can see with him not being cast.

How do people feel about Adam Driver as Dr. Doom? We've already seen him in the villain role in Star Wars and I think he can nail the complexity of Victor the man and villain.

Last edited:

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
?

You mean, a full trailer for FFH before a full trailer for Endgame?
I mean any trailer at all before Endgame hits theaters.

Like we know they're going to undo the snap, but officially spoiling that before the movie even releases is crap. I'm still kinda pissed at Sony for refusing to wait for this movie. It should be releasing late Fall at the earliest.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It's already been officially spoiled by the existence of Far from Home, not to mention announced crewing for Doctor Strange 2 and Black Panther 2. At least Black Widow is supposedly a prequel.

Endgame's own trailer has the dust reforming into the logo and the title. The fun will be the 'how'.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's already been officially spoiled by the existence of Far from Home, not to mention announced crewing for Doctor Strange 2 and Black Panther 2. At least Black Widow is supposedly a prequel.

Endgame's own trailer has the dust reforming into the logo and the title. The fun will be the 'how'.
I mean I don't particularly love any of those leaks either, but they're not officially released marketing materials like a trailer.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
They could use the old "Stan Lee note" trick from the comics... The "* this happened in Avengers #4" placed at the bottom of a panel where Spidey references his space adventures. But in live version. Pause the scene, have Stan enter the frame, explains, a last wink, restart the trailer...

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I really want Taron Egerton in the MCU in one role or another and think he could be great as Johnny, especially if we get a British Sue Storm. I've never heard him do an American accent so that's the only issue I can see with him not being cast.

How do people feel about Adam Driver as Dr. Doom? We've already seen him in the villain role in Star Wars and I think he can nail the complexity of Victor the man and villain.
That's a good pick for Doom. He did a good job of playing an insecure manbaby already.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Driver would obviously be great as Doom, but... yeah Kylo is way too close.

I just hope they choose two experienced and respected actors for Reed and Doom. Those roles require it.

Especially for when they do Secret Wars.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lets keep in mind that a F4 movie won't happen until 2023 at the earliest and we don't know if Kylo Ren would still be a thing after EpIX so while those two characters share a similar look, a few years will put some distance between them. Of course it will take 0.9 seconds to the guys on Reddit to start making memes about how much those characters are similar.

Man...now I need Adam Driver as Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.