• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Collider: 28 things to know about Captain Marvel.

Kind of a bummer that it's now 50% Earth and 50% Space, when Feige told us last year that it was 30% Earth and 70% Space. Changes happens all the time, but I had wanted a largely space adventure. I probably won't be too bothered anyway, since the Fury/Carol relationship is a touchstone of the movie, and is the strongest thing about the trailers.

There's lots of interesting stuff in that Collider article by the way.

Last edited:

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy about that. Want to see more of her on earth, preferably with many other characters than Fury, although we haven't seen any clues of that so far.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hype! Got tickets for Sat Night, (good seats sold out for Thursday/Friday night) because I wasn't at a computer when tickets went live.
Now to think of a Capt Marvel movie watch through.

I'm thinking all the movies with Fury and Coulson and ending with Gotg 1.

Hulk (never fully watched it through, and it re released in 4k recently)
Iron Man (maybe for nostalgia sake)
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Guardians 1

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Schwartz explained, "We get to see Coulson in his first meeting with Nick Fury at a much younger age where the Kree aren't even part of his vocabulary yet."

I like this, because it implies they're at least aware of what's been going on with AoS.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Sam Jackson let something rather tasty slip, but I'll put the url in a spoiler because you know how these websites are...

A slip of the tongue or something... more?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Sam Jackson let something rather tasty slip, but I'll put the url in a spoiler because you know how these websites are...

A slip of the tongue or something... more?
Oh shit.

I really feel like this movie is going to surprise.

I'm excited for Goose. Especially after what the directors said. They're definitely going there, multiple times.

Last edited:

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Man, the closer and closer we get to Captain Marvel, the more hyped I get for it

DwWBDNBVsAAUFMw.jpg:large

Love this poster.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

luca

Oct 25, 2017
They're happy about Black Widow too, she wrote that.

There's nothing in the MCU I am more excited about than Vision and the Scarlet Witch show. Favorite superheroine too.

To think we're getting Loki this year already. And then we'll get an onslaught of shows. It's gonna be amazing.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't want to spoil Endgame stuff in the Scarlet Witch/Vision thread, but question:

Was this casting call (posted on MCUExchange) still considered real? If so, I'm guessing Speed & Wiccan are a lock.
L0TaRPo.png

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Didn't want to spoil Endgame stuff in the Scarlet Witch/Vision thread, but question:

Was this casting call (posted on MCUExchange) still considered real? If so, I'm guessing Speed & Wiccan are a lock.
L0TaRPo.png
this + Emma Fuhrmann as Cassie = Young Avengers a hard lock?

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

How reliable is this guy? If it's true then all my hype for the series is gone.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really get the negativity personally?
People want Tom Hiddleston to star in the show. That was what amounted all the hype. If he is just a narrator talking about his life, with younger actors playing Loki, then that hype goes out the window for some people. I personally hope we'll see plenty of Tom Hiddleston as Loki.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I think it's the fact that it changes it from a Tom Hiddleston starring series to a Tom Hiddleston narrated series. At the very least, you'd be minimizing his screentime when they cover his childhood. Like the time he posed as a snake and stabbed Thor!
People want Tom Hiddleston to star in the show. That was what amounted all the hype. If he is just a narrator talking about his life, with younger actors playing Loki, then that hype goes out the window for some people. I personally hope we'll see plenty of Tom Hiddleston as Loki.
Now I understand why people would be mad, thanks

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Thinking about it, depending on how outlandish they want to make it, they could just have Tom Hiddleston play him as a kid... kinda like the upcoming show, PEN15.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I like Hiddleston as Loki but I feel his version of the character is really played out (nothing to do with him, but after 6 movies where else they can take him?). A Kid Loki series with Hiddleston just narrating sounds way better than what I thought we'd be getting.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Did a rewatch of Ant-Man and the Wasp. I'm fully onboard these family dynamics, love it. And the music making it all so light-hearted. Love the setting of San Francisco too. The X-Con humor. Ghost was a nice "villain," while Janet and the Quantum Realm is of course the most interesting part. I'll high five Jimmy Woo too! Honestly, after this rewatch, I think the only thing I really dislike is all the techno-babble but I tried just putting it aside and taking in all the other stuff. Loving Wasp, her confidence, her intelligence and her fight style. Her shrinking, flying and blasters. It was pretty cool when she got kicked out through the back of the van, that she made that backward roll while simultaneously shrinking and not even hitting the ground, instead she flew down bellow the van behind the van she fell out of. Although I still prefer the first Ant-Man with its micro sets, conflict with Yellowjacket and an ultimately better third act. This time, with Ant-Man and the Wasp, I could appreciate the three parties fighting for the lab at the end, and the car chases were cool, but Sonny Burch was still a weak part. Liked the truth-serum. Bill helping Ava was also good. I moved it up a spot on my list to #16. I'm excited about the Quantum Realm going forward.

I really hope Wasp gets to lead the Avengers after Endgame. But I can imagine Carol Danvers being stubborn and wanting to do things her way while being sassy about it. And T'Challa has the experience of leading a country.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I love about these Disney+ shows is that they're gateways for really cool comic stories that they wouldn't do as movies. And as we've seen with The Mandalorian, they're not afraid to go all out with these and give them real big budgets so they won't feel like MCU-lite.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been obvious since Daredevil S1 that the 13-episode format does not suit these shows, but since Disney is getting paid by the episode, we'll never get the best versions of these shows.

Such a shame too.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The Punisher S2 has mostly gotten positive reviews so far. It isn't deep in its themes, and dialogue, and is more Punisher MAX action. Basically more action-oriented than the sophomore season.

You picked out one guy who complaints about pace and episode count, and if that was not a problem to you before then that's not gonna be an issue here.

The new cast additions are great, with Giorgia Whigham having a standout performance. There's a great relationship between the two. And the action is the best we've seen in any Marvel show.

There's good reason to be excited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.