• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-Man FFH New Costume
  • BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
    Man they're giving him a shit ton of costumes huh?

spider-man-far-from-home-stealth-suit-5-e1544039352256-450x600.jpg

http://collider.com/spider-man-far-...collidersocial&utm_medium=social#homecoming-2

Is Mysterio an ally to Spider-Man?
  • Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
    Oct 25, 2017
    Wait, Mysterio is an ally?

Reports from the first trailer indicate that fans of the classic Mysterio costume from the pages of Marvel Comics will not be disappointed. Yes, he will have the fishbowl helmet.

But fans who are expecting Mysterio to be a villain will be surprised to learn that he'll actually be an ally of the Spider-Man — thanks to Nick Fury.

"There are these threats to the world, the Elementals, elemental creatures. And Mysterio is someone who knows about them and wants to make sure that the world is safe from them," said Gyllenhaal. "And Nick Fury asks him to come on and help because he's the only one who really understands them. And then he teams up with friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and unfortunately has to make him become more than a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man."

Based on Gyllenhaal's comments, it sounds like Spider-Man will be pushed out of his comfort zone. This echoes remarks made by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, who first revealed the title Far From Home would have multiple meanings.

"Well, I mean, sure, let the speculation begin. That's always fun," Feige said to ComicBook.com. "We like [the title] of course because it ties into Homecoming, not just keeping that word going, which we like and we liked it more than Homecoming 2, but that notion of 'home' is a word that has dual meanings we'd like to continue with this [Marvel Cinematic Universe] version of Spider-Man. So, Far From Home has multiple meanings."

Doctor Strange Sequel News
  • luca

Oct 25, 2017

We already know of 7 Phase 4 films.

Spider-Man: Far From Home
    Black Widow
    Eternals
    Black Panther 2
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
    Doctor Strange 2
    Shang-Chi

I really don't think they're gonna do a Phase announcement event. Projects are gonna come out through the press.

Last edited:
    Netflix Marvel Shows Not Moving to Disney Streaming
  • luca

Oct 25, 2017

Sources tell Variety that the deal for the original four Marvel shows includes a clause that prevents the characters from appearing in any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after cancellation. That means that "Daredevil," "Luke Cage," and "Iron Fist" — which were all canceled this year at Netflix — could not come to the Disney streaming service until 2020 at the earliest.

Amy Pascal Interview on Spider-Man Films
  • Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/sony-spider-man-future-amy-pascal-phil-lord-interview

A new interview with Amy Pascal about Sony's Spider-Man films. She has this to say about Sony's deal with Marvel Studios:

The bigger question here, then, is what will happen to the Sony-Marvel Studios collaboration when their initial deal expires.
    "I think about crying," Pascal said of a future in which Spider-Man and Marvel retreat to separate corners. "I can only hope for a future where things work out. I've known Kevin since he was Avi's very, very quiet assistant, who for many years sat in that room listening to us and being so much smarter than any of us without any of us realizing. I will say that working with Marvel has been one of the highlights of my professional career."

Seems like Pascal is open to extending the deal to loan Spidey on the MCU.

Fuck Fox and Fuck Gambit
  • Wingfan19

Layout Designer
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    Bothell WA
    https://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-in-the-mcu/

X-Men in the MCU

Shuler Donner confirmed that all future X-Men decisions would be up to Disney and Feige.

"That would be between Fox and Disney," Shuler Donner said. "Obviously, Kevin and I started the first one. He worked for me. He's got a great story sense. He's got a great ability to weave each world and weave those worlds together. I trust him and I trust that he will take care of the X-Men."

The X-Men Spinoffs In Flux

The success of Wolverine movies and Deadpool put lots of X-Men spinoffs in various stages of development. The longest influx has been Gambit, which now will definitely not get made unless Disney wants to.

"That is up to Disney," Shuler Donner said about Gambit. "That really is up to Disney. I hope so, but that's up to them. The problem is you can't have too many Marvel, X-Men superhero movies out there because we will cancel each other out. Each one has to be distinctive and yet you've got The Avengers to follow through. You've got so many distinctive story canons to follow through and yet we want new ones, but I don't think you can have more than four. Four is a lot because people are going to get sick of them so we have to be careful. He has to be careful."

There's a little more in the article about recasting Wolverine and the Deadpool/X-Force movies as well.

Kevin Feige Interview with Rotten Tomatoes
  • OP
    OP
    Oct 25, 2017

Ahead of the release of 'Captain Marvel,' Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige sat down with Rotten Tomatoes to talk about the dramatic conclusion to the MCU's Phase 3. How does Captain Marvel factor into the wider Universe? How did Feige and the team chose who lived, and who got dusted, at the end of 'Infinity War'? What could Disney+ and the Fox acquisition mean for the future of the MCU? The famously tight-lipped producer is spilling some beans. Plus, Feige details the decision to include a touching tribute to the late Stan Lee at the top of Marvel's latest blockbuster.

Kevin Feige Phase 3 Interview w/Rotten Tomatoes
  • Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Last two minutes Feige talks about post credits scenes.

On the Shawarma scene:

"We didn't shoot that scene until after the premiere of the Avengers. Which taught us, if there's a good idea, you find any way, possible or impossible, to get it in the movie."

Imagine thinking we won't get Doom, Reed, Logan, Surfer, Galactus, Professor X and Magneto in the End Game post credits

Avengers: Endgame clip on GMA
  • luca

Oct 25, 2017
    Nice clip. Didn't show nothing we haven't seen, but the interactions between the Avengers was nice. I love how direct Steve Rogers is here. And how confident Carol is. And Rhodey addressing her.

Starts at 2:11. Also has interview with the Original Six.

[UPDATE] Marvel Studios has released the clip with no GMA visuals and an added line at the end:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.