• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going with Dolby Cinema on Thursday since the seats in my local IMAX are super uncomfortable. Since there are only certain scenes expanded (rather than the full movie like Infinity War) I'm not too worried about it.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'm doing Dolby Cinema on opening night since I have some AMC credit to burn, already have Harkins tickets for the weekend. The Dolby Cinema I go to hasn't posted times yet.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
We will have an OT. And I love this thread, but the MCU belongs to all Era. I couldn't care less about the "old place", and I love y'all but I don't have time for Discord.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these movies need OT's, even if I have to do em myself. And I'm no good at such things lol

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
35840547_10106287791372515_7313959431094403072_n.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, Ant-Man and The Wasp showings are at 6 PM Eastern instead of the usual 7 PM. I saw this for, I wanna say Deadpool 2, but every single one I've been to has been at 7.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, Ant-Man and The Wasp showings are at 6 PM Eastern instead of the usual 7 PM. I saw this for, I wanna say Deadpool 2, but every single one I've been to has been at 7.

I assume it's because of the weird holiday weekend plus the films short length where you can cram in 4 showings before the theater calls it.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Ant-Man and the Wasp OT is like 20% done already. There you go, everyone.

I assume it's because of the weird holiday weekend plus the films short length where you can cram in 4 showings before the theater calls it.

I had a brain fart moment thinking "what's the holiday that weekend?" and felt really stupid after.

Anyway, I was initially thinking there would be a "Fan Event" screening, where you see the movie one hour before everyone else. Similar to some of the other big movies this year.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know why they repeated the fake post. Anyway I just posted it for the Netflix at Comic Con piece.

Anyway, so the set reports are out for Ant-Man and I'm really glad Peyton Reed wanna explore more of San Francisco. That was really unique to the first movie:

The movie will feature more of San Francisco. Sure, the first Ant-Man took place in San Francisco too, but now that the character is well-established, Reed is aiming to explore the city more, well beyond Hank Pym's house. He explained, "I just wanted to open the movie up and get out and take advantage of San Francisco because that felt like a different texture for the MCU that Ant-Man sort of occupies this corner of the universe and we wanted to really get outside and explore those elements."

It also seems like it has more connections to Civil War which I like.

Hank isn't happy Scott took the suit to fight in Civil War. Douglas told us, "Yeah, he's pretty pissed off about that. He really is. I would say that largely sets the initial tone between Scott and Hank on this one."

Hank and Hope are also considered criminals because of the events of that movie. As Lilly explained, "Because of Germany, because of what happened in Civil War with Captain America, they're a little bit on the run." She added, "We have technology that would be considered a superpower in the Marvel-verse. At that point in time, you're not allowed to have that independently. So yeah, our life is dramatically changed not for the better, in our opinion."

There's way more details over on Collider.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually unfortunate:
Do any of your co-workers at X-Con security give you shit for Spider-Man beating you up because the video is on YouTube?
Paul Rudd: Well, I think we've missed a big opportunity in script writing. (laughs) No, nobody has said anything about that. He does, doesn't he?

Entire interview at SlashFilm.

I think we should change the thread title to something more related to Ant-Man and the Wasp.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The Avengers are coming to Ace Comic Con in Seattle this weekend!

e612ad58-c7b6-4172-bwhjec.jpeg

One is not like the others.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The commercials said Thor was coming too, but now it looks like he dropped out? Evans was scheduled to be here as well, but he was taken off the list a month ago.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of those guys who unmatched the thread before Infinity War forgot to watch it again, cause we've been real silent.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
He'll do GotG3 and then hopefully direct another cosmic franchise. He probably won't do Nova. But maybe something else.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Get Gunn on Thunderbolts, let Waititi take over the Guardians series, and use Captain Marvel and Nova (and Eternals I guess) stretch out Cosmic Marvel.

I want space shit to outnumber Earth shit by 2025 at the latest.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Ant-Man and the Wasp press screenings this Friday and the world premiere is on Monday.

I can't believe it's almost July...

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a really dope Agent Venom story to tell on the big screen, but God knows we'll likely have to wait a few years after this year's Venom bombs.

Which I suppose is fine, it'd be a minute before the MCU was ready for that story anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.