• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman's domestic run was unprecedented. It made $412M and is the fifth highest grossing CBM domestically. The closest debut origin movie to it is the first Spider-man at $403M.

I would love it if Ragnarok had enough legs to break $900M but I highly doubt it. Breaking $850 would still be quite the feat though.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I've been on a fanedit binge for movies that I kinda disliked in their original version. The most recent one is Thor: The Dark World Hard Forged Edition. Thinking about creating a fanedit thread but I'm still gonna post some short impressions here:

This is a fairly light edit and won't fix most issues but there's a few significant differences:

- The prologue is removed and it starts with Loki being brought before Odin. The Dark Elves are revealed more gradually.
- Changed subtitles for the Dark Elves.
- Removed the Sif non-romance subplot.

This plus some minor fixes of continuity errors and tightening of scenes makes overall for a better viewing experience. The movie is still very unremarkable, especially compared to Thor Ragnarok, but if you're planning to rewatch it, this is the version to go with.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I should watch The Dark World again one of these days, it's one of those movies that I could re-watch and it would essentially be like watching a new movie. All I remember is a warehouse with a red infinity stone goo shit, Thor flying around in a spaceship and a bit of the end battle. And Darcy. I love Darcy.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Two new posters/banners:

15auzv.jpg

2qkuiq.jpg

Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" Streams Soared Because of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
A spokesperson for the streaming music service revealed to Inverse that since Ragnarok's November 3 premiere, the song's popularity has increased 189 percent worldwide and by 174 percent in the United States. Additionally, the song received a bump in the iTunes store, climbing up the charts to compete with the likes of Selena Gomez and Khalid in the top 40.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure if we are posting about Marvel movies that are not the MCU in here, I personally don't like it, but I've seen others do it, so here's an update on both Gambit and Venom.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/14/gambit-production-designer-jess-gonchor/
'Gambit' Reportedly Recruits 'True Grit' Production Designer
Omega Underground reports that Oscar-nominated production designer Jess Gonchor has been hired by 20th Century Fox for the upcoming X-Men film. Gonchor is best known for his work with the Coen Brothers, with credits including True Grit, No Country For Old Men, and Moneyball. Gonchor has also previously worked with Gambit star Channing Tatum and director Gore Verbinski on films such as The Lone Ranger and Foxcatcher.

'Venom' Will Be Set Partially In Asia
It's too early to tell exactly what this setting could mean, considering the plethora of rumors that have floated around Venom. Early reports suggest that the film could be an adaptation of the Lethal Protector storyline, which doesn't see to include a sort of globe-trotting nature.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really mind posting other Marvel-related stuff in here, I just don't think there isn't much interest either. There isn't much to talk about in the first place. We don't know what the Venom movie will be like and how this Spidey-less Sony-Verse affects the MCU.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am fine with not posting that stuff here
Yeah unless Marvel and Sony straight up confirms that they take place in the MCU I don't care on bit.
Venom will probably just be Agent Venom but with Eddie Brock.
Silver and black(was that the name?) will steal Black Cat and possible even Kraven from the mcu.
And Morbius is just what.

Really don't like what Sony is doing.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God now I remember who the stupid Prowler is! He was this guy in the 90s animation:

5923856-animatedi2u4e.jpg

hqdefaultcquvp.jpg

Now I want him to turn up in a Sony solo lol. As I rather other characters for the Homecoming films.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Might be too late for that, actually...

Aaron Davis (Donald Glover's character and the uncle of Miles Morales) was the Prowler in the Ultimate universe with a mostly similar outfit. No cape though. So I figure if they ever want to use Miles in the MCU they'd be roping him into it.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Aaron Davis (Donald Glover's character and the uncle of Miles Morales) was the Prowler in the Ultimate universe with a mostly similar outfit. No cape though. So I figure if they ever want to use Miles in the MCU they'd be roping him into it.

Yeah he wanted some climbing gear from Shocker as well if I remember right haha.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Too late for Prowler to turn up in a Sony solo movie? I don't think so. I mean, characters in Homecoming can turn up in the Sony movies. Kind of like how the rumor of Scorpion turning up in the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie is being framed.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Too late for Prowler to turn up in a Sony solo movie? I don't think so. I mean, characters in Homecoming can turn up in the Sony movies. Kind of like how the rumor of Scorpion turning up in the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie is being framed.

Really? I assumed that's a one way street, which is why they're doing the "Spider-Man movies without Spider-Man" to begin with.

I admit it would be funny to have the Sony Universe, which references the MCU, but is completely ignored by the "real" Marvel movies. Like the Defenders. Another unique branch.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I assumed that's a one way street, which is why they're doing the "Spider-Man movies without Spider-Man" to begin with.

I admit it would be funny to have the Sony Universe, which references the MCU, but is completely ignored by the "real" Marvel movies. Like the Defenders. Another unique branch.
Wait till Fox get into the picture. Disney will need to staff a full intern team to keep track of what is happening.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It can't be long till we get our first footage of Ant-Man and the Wasp!

But first... We want that Infinity War trailer Marvel!

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Ant-Man and the Wasp will probably have a trailer right around Black Panther, if I had to wager a guess.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Well it comes out in the US in July which is two months after Avengers. So it would stand to reason that the trailer would come out two months after IW's. So February.
Yeah might be. Sometimes the first trailers for movies release six months prior to the premiere though.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Well they released the first Black Panther trailer in june and it releases in february, so that's eight months.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Well it comes out in the US in July which is two months after Avengers. So it would stand to reason that the trailer would come out two months after IW's. So February.

They're intentionally holding back IW footage though, so I wouldn't gauge it with that. Ragnarok, BP and GotG2 all got their first teasers around eight months prior to release, so it's entirely possible we'll get an Ant-Man teaser in time for it to be attached to TLJ.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Really wanna see what they do with Ant-Man and the Wasp, first one is one of my favorites and with the origin story out of the way, time to go even crazier.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yes but I tend to think it might hit even sooner than that since it premieres in June already.

Marvel's Marketing team has been pretty predictable when it comes to figuring out when they release their trailers. It always comes 2-3 weeks near the premiere of either a Marvel Studios film or a big tent-pole film (Or San Diego Comic Con if that option isn't available.)

Infinity War is going to premiere its teaser in the two-three week period before The Last Jedi. Civil War's first teaser came out Nov 24th, 2015. Guardians Vol 2 Full Teaser came out December 3rd, 2016. (The 1st trailer was labeled a sneak peek because Marvel Studios always likes to promote one of their upcoming films in front of the newly released one. The full trailer wasn't ready yet. James Gunn kind of indicated that. That's why Black Panther Trailer 2 was in front of Thor: Ragnarok and we haven't had Infinity War's teaser premiere in October, since there was a closer marvel movie to promote.) So Infinity War should get a teaser some time between that period. There's no reason for Ant-Man and Wasp to get lost in a sea of trailers all attaching to Star Wars. Infinity Wars can stand out easily for obvious reasons. Ant-Man and the Wasp will get more attention in late January/early February when less major trailers are releasing.

I'm pretty sure someone at Marvel said they have a schedule for when they reveal trailers. Just look for the tent-pole films and you'll have an idea of when a trailer is coming. This has been Phase 3's trailer schedule so far:
Civil War: 1st with TFA, 2nd with BvS
Doctor Strange: 1st with CW, 2nd with SS (Or Comic Con Marketing. Either/Or.)
Guardians Vol 2: 1st/Sneak Peak with DS, 2nd with RO, 3rd with Logan and/or B&B.
Spider-Man (Sony handled marketing, but it still followed the rule): 1st with RO, 2nd with Fast & Furious, 3rd with Wonder Woman
Thor Ragnarok: 1st with Guardians Vol 2, 2nd with Comic Con (Due to no major Tent-Pole films to attach to)
Black Panther: 1st with Spider-Man, 2nd with Thor: Ragnarok

So what you're probably going to see is something like this for the rest of Phase 3:
Infinity War: 1st with TLJ, 2nd with either A Wrinkle in Time (as that's Disney's next major film that's about two months out from IW) or Tomb Raider/Pacific Rim due to the lack of a comic book/major action film film in March. If they really want to, they could wait until late march to attach to New Mutants, but Disney scheduling will probably aim for Early-Mid March like the other May Marvel Films
Ant-Man and Wasp: 1st with BP, 2nd with Infinity War
Captain Marvel: 1st with Ant-Man and Wasp, unless it is too soon since the end of filming, then Comic Con. 2nd with X-Men Dark Phoenix.
Avengers 4: 1st with either Aquaman or Mary Poppins returns. 2nd with Cap Marvel

And then Spidey 2 is Sony. So whatever tent-poles they want to attach to.

TL:DR: Just expect Ant-Man and the Wasp around January. Don't get your hopes up for sooner.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So apparently Punisher seems to be another middle of the road affair for Netflix and Marvel TV.

Can we stop pretending that there isn't a problem?

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mhm Evangeline cutting her hair now after we have seen set pics with longer hair...

Short hair back for Infinity War Part 2? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.