• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really liked the Deadpools all that much, so I don't really care if it's PG13 when it comes to the MCU. Maybe being in the MCU will make me think something besides, "eh, that was fine".

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Very, very exciting!

eLr5aKX.png

Oct 31, 2017
It's so easy, just release it under the Marvel Knights or Marvel MAX banner.

This is the easy solution. No need to release it under the Fox banner. Create a Marvel Knights or Marvel MAX banner for R rated movies and that's it.

But then they wouldn't be able to put it on Disney+ with their other MCU films!

I do feel they will have a PG-13 cut of the R rated movies for 1) China, 2) Possible re-release in the US, and 3) Disney+ release even though the R rated version would be released on Hulu.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
This is the easy solution. No need to release it under the Fox banner. Create a Marvel Knights or Marvel MAX banner for R rated movies and that's it.

I do feel they will have a PG-13 cut of the R rated movies for 1) China, 2) Possible re-release in the US, and 3) Disney+ release even though the R rated version would be released on Hulu.

This. Why is it that hard to get.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Using Reynolds' Deadpool in PG-13 and R-rated movies concurrently would very likely open Disney up to allegations that they're marketing R-rated movies to kids. I'm not saying that'll end up dictating their strategy, they may well decide that they can afford to ignore any such backlash and that it won't amount to that much in 2022 or whenever, but I dunno if it's something they can avoid entirely if they want to go down that road, and I can see why Disney might be sensitive about that.

Oct 31, 2017
Using Reynolds' Deadpool in PG-13 and R-rated movies concurrently would very likely open Disney up to allegations that they're marketing R-rated movies to kids. I'm not saying that'll end up dictating their strategy, they may well decide that they can afford to ignore any such backlash and that it won't amount to that much in 2022 or whenever, but I dunno if it's something they can avoid entirely if they want to go down that road, and I can see why Disney might be sensitive about that.

I'm thinking Deadpool 2 and Once Upon a Deadpool PG-13 cut 6 months later. Easy peasy. Plus they had to do it for China as well.

In the words of our Lord and savior Kevin Feige "it's going to be PG-13 and you're gonna like it" :P

He said that about Dr. Strange 2 which everyone and their momma knew was going to be PG-13. You might be right, but I think there'll be backlash if Deadpool is not R rated. Same with Blade to a lesser extent because it's been so long since Blade.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Makes sense. Have Jane's exposure to the Reality Stone in The Dark World as the cause of her cancer.

It makes enough sense, though I dunno if I want to see that. Mainly because we haven't seen her character in forever (and as such don't really care about her,), so my initial thought is that it'd feel cheap.

But I guess they need a decent reason for Thor to go check on her again, so meh, I dunno. Will be interesting to see what Taika decides.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
It makes enough sense, though I dunno if I want to see that. Mainly because we haven't seen her character in forever (and as such don't really care about her,), so my initial thought is that it'd feel cheap.

But I guess they need a decent reason for Thor to go check on her again, so meh, I dunno. Will be interesting to see what Taika decides.
I think she's definetly going to be the focus of the movie, so I'm looking forward to how endearing can Taika make her character.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

for some reason, I kinda assume it will be alternate universe Jane Thor with Mjolnir coming to our universe, so there will be 2 Jane at some point, the alternate one had cancer and die at the end of the movie passing mjolnir to our Jane. because during the announcement Taika present Natalie Portman with Mjolnir suggesting that Jane Thor will use Mjolnir and we know Mjolnir is destroyed in out timeline

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

I dont see why that matters . The xmen series jumped between pg13 and R, and it never became an issue.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
X-Men wasn't owned by Disney before, and Fox clearly didn't care, so I'd presume people have "higher expectations" from Disney or something like that. Le sigh.

Maybe... But I just don't understand why the public expectation would be that a character can't exist in both pg13 and R rated movies..

So long as marketing is on appropriate channels and it's made clear what type of content will be in each film, history suggests audiences will be able to figure it out.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Maybe... But I just don't understand why the public expectation would be that a character can't exist in both pg13 and R rated movies..

So long as marketing is on appropriate channels and it's made clear what type of content will be in each film, history suggests audiences will be able to figure it out.
I would really like to think so too but I'd have to chalk it up to the bare minimum thought put into the general public not being able to discern the difference.
I don't really know if audiences always figure it out though... I saw plenty of younger children in my screening of Logan. :/
Either way, I hope Disney just lets Marvel do what they do best (after all, Disney's name isn't on any Marvel promotional material).

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I just want it to be R-rated so I don't have to put up with 3 years of "Disney/Marvel are the worst!" or "stupid kiddie Disney" or "I'm boycotting the MCU" tweets from edgelords (not saying everyone who wants it to stay R-rated are edgelords)
Personally I couldn't give two shits whether it's R-rated or not, I'll watch either way

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Marvel are not going to gate any mainline MCU movies with an R rating when every single other one is PG-13. Flat out will not happen.

Maybe a Hulu series, maybe a spinoff that's not part of the real canon, but why make less money when you can make more?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

We hadn't seen Jane for a while in the comics too when her Thor arc started up.

All it needed was that scene of Thor begging her to let him use Asgardian magic or find some way to heal her, and she tells him no. It informs her character so much and is an endearing moment.

If they adapt the cancer part of the arc, the movie needs that exact scene.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
People were wondering before if Feige would keep working at Marvel when his contract was up. More likely he sticks around until he gets upgraded to Disney CEO or something at this rate lol

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
holy crap that Feige news is massive. Publishing, animation, and all live-action television, with gaming being the sole narrative medium whose heads still report to Perlmutter instead of Feige. hard to overstate how big a deal this is

Status
Not open for further replies.