• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care that he made The Godfather, it's not Coppola's place (one anyone's) to try and convince people that they can't have an emotional or cerebral response to these movies. It's film wankery at its worst, and it brings all of these pseudo film snobs out of the woodwork.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I am very fond of the new title. Whoever did it, bravo!

giphy.gif

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess Coppola just didn't want to insult Coogler.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Why are some of you folks thinking it will be Stature and not Stinger?

-The comics have barely used the Stinger persona since its debut in Astonishing Ant-Man 2015
-Cassie dropped her Stinger costume and went with a purple version of her Stature costume earlier this year
-As of August 2019 with Marvel's blockbuster 'Marvel Comics #1000" comic, Cassie is back in her original red Stature costume and the Young Avengers seem to be reuniting
-Stature is much more popular/known

tumblr_pwy5zmiFBl1sqep2mo1_1280.png

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
-The comics have barely used the Stinger persona since its debut in Astonishing Ant-Man 2015
-Cassie dropped her Stinger costume and went with a purple version of her Stature costume earlier this year
-As of August 2019 with Marvel's blockbuster 'Marvel Comics #1000" comic, Cassie is back in her original red Stature costume and the Young Avengers seem to be reuniting
-Stature is much more popular/known

tumblr_pwy5zmiFBl1sqep2mo1_1280.png
We don't know about the Stinger/Stature thing because it's been back or forth. Eli is now usable for books again but movie is still gonna be a weird area. Plus Speed might get replaced by Viv.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
I just CANNOT believe the Scorsese discourse has gone on as long as it has
I guess it's just something about award season that makes all these celebs crawl out of the woodwork and talk that cash shit about Marvel movies
I've been ignoring all the talk but it would be nice if everyone could just move on
I never even clicked on the era thread. Let me guess it was very pretentious and embarrassing?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Renner as Hawkeye appears in the first episode and then dies. Hailee Steinfeld takes over as Kate Bishop for the rest of the series.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I don't know how exactly the Jeremy Renner situation is gonna work out but if he gets recast he's the Avenger I would lose the second least sleep over (Scarlett is the least)

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't mind the TV show being, like, Clint is retired/completely out of the picture and it's just Kate figuring things out on her own. I don't think the comic dynamic is going to work with MCU Hawkeye anyways, since he's not a complete fuckup, so they should feel free to do their own thing.

Maybe bring in Barney Barton and let him be the huge fuckup mentor to Kate.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Jensen Ackles could finally be Hawkguy?

Remember he somehow said no only because Supernatural wouldn't let him go?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's a fucking god.

Just ignore the dumb fat Thor storyline. I try to.

As someone who has fought depression, they actually nailed how depression can affect your life with Thor in Endgame and his body reflected it. It was honestly one of my favorite parts of the movie. I do agree he should lose it for Love and Thunder though showing he has recovered from his failures with Thanos.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Jensen Ackles could finally be Hawkguy?

Remember he somehow said no only because Supernatural wouldn't let him go?

Didn't know that, but I'm super curious about his post-Supernatural career. He'd make a great Hawkeye, but like, a different one? Like how Garofalo's Banner is pretty different from Norton's.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who has fought depression, they actually nailed how depression can affect your life with Thor in Endgame and his body reflected it. It was honestly one of my favorite parts of the movie. I do agree he should lose it for Love and Thunder though showing he has recovered from his failures with Thanos.
Without delving deeper into my disappointment of Thor's arc in IW/EG. I completely understand and value the attempt of portraying the effects that depression can have. I just don't want "fat Thor" to be continued solely for laughs, which honestly, it will be. If they want to tastefully address his weight gain or simply just acknowledge the weight and pay no mind to it, I'm cool.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Watching Endgame with someone who's watching it for the 1st time is always awesome since you're just gleefully waiting for their reactions before every big scene.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Renner himself is irreplaceable, but at this point I really don't think you should recast one of the big original six.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Disney wants to recast hawkeye (unless the wife's allegations are true, of course), but they're not stupid, and taking precautions is a good idea.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
This seems more like a contingency, i think they learned from the James Gunn situation to wait and see before making any rushed decisions.

I agree, if they were set on firing Renner they would have done it the day after that TMZ article hit. It seems to me like they are waiting to see what the court decides in the custody battle and if there's any clear evidence and/or corroboration for the allegations before deciding on anything.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I agree, if they were set on firing Renner they would have done it the day after that TMZ article hit. It seems to me like they are waiting to see what the court decides in the custody battle and if there's any clear evidence and/or corroboration for the allegations before deciding on anything.

I guess face talent is harder to replace than directors (note that Avengers and IM 2 were both made before Disney purchased them)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This seems more like a contingency, i think they learned from the James Gunn situation to wait and see before making any rushed decisions.
That's what I was thinking. I don't blame Marvel Studios for taking the wait-&-see approach, especially after what happened with James Gunn. But all the same, the allegations are serious & should be approached with respect.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's appropriate to make contingency plans right now, but to also see how things play out. As mentioned before, divorce proceedings get really acrimonious. Of course, her claims should be treated with respect and investigated fully, but I don't think instantly firing him would be appropriate. (and fire his ass if they turn out to be true.)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think it's appropriate to make contingency plans right now, but to also see how things play out. As mentioned before, divorce proceedings get really acrimonious. Of course, her claims should be treated with respect and investigated fully, but I don't think instantly firing him would be appropriate. (and fire his ass if they turn out to be true.)
This post basically nails it.

Dec 31, 2017
I don't think Renner himself is irreplaceable, but at this point I really don't think you should recast one of the big original six.
I mean, the central appeal of the Disney+ shows is that the same MCU actors are used. Renner, especially, has amassed an ambiguous cult fanbase. Tbh, I would not lose any sleep if the entire series is cancelled if Renner proves to be unworkable.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

So that means filming started today!

"I'll tell you I have," Stan says. "I have seen them and I'm so excited about it. It's going to be so cool and kind of crazy. All I can say is it's just new and different from what you've seen so far. I mean, it will be totally in line with everything that has happened and what we've seen and so on, but these characters are getting such additional mileage in terms of learning about who they are now, what they feel, what they're thinking, and there's a lot of action, comedy, you know there's going to be comedy. I feel like you're going to be happy. I think you're going to be very happy. And there's some crazy stuff, like stuff you don't see coming from anywhere."

Can't wait for Bucky and Sam buddy/action comedy antics!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.