• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
And whats the over/under on the percentage of people who will say that the Black Widow trailer looks boring?

Well, you already know how her story ends. That's why I only ever watch marvel films once, because once I know how the story ends, it gets super boring. It's also why I don't watch past seasons of tv shows I discover. Who needs that garbage, right, I can just watch the series finale. Saves so much time! In fact, i think I'll just wait 10 years for the next Endgame. Why bother watching any of the intervening movies? I just need to know how the story ends, that's the only important part.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you already know how her story ends. That's why I only ever watch marvel films once, because once I know how the story ends, it gets super boring. It's also why I don't watch past seasons of tv shows I discover. Who needs that garbage, right, I can just watch the series finale. Saves so much time! In fact, i think I'll just wait 10 years for the next Endgame. Why bother watching any of the intervening movies? I just need to know how the story ends, that's the only important part.

Imagine watching. I just read the Wikipedia article and then argue on the internet about it.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine watching. I just read the Wikipedia article and then argue on the internet about it.

Read the wiki article! Of course! I don't have to watch anything, just knowing how it ends is good enough. Goddamn, time to read about everyone's favorite films, since there's nothing to be gained by watching them!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Read the wiki article! Of course! I don't have to watch anything, just knowing how it ends is good enough. Goddamn, time to read about everyone's favorite films, since there's nothing to be gained by watching them!
Reading sounds like a lot of work. I'll just watch a YT video or two and let them tell me what to think.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Variety story with more details on last week's big Marvel reorg

Last week's move giving Kevin Feige charge of Marvel's television, animation and print editorial operations should come as no surprise. As the architect of the company's enormous film success, Feige arguably has the most enviable track record of any contemporary entertainment executive. Extending his creative control over more of the Marvel universe seems like a no-brainer. But some insiders were stunned that Feige's gain came at the expense of Ike Perlmutter — Marvel Entertainment's CEO and the largest single shareholder of its corporate parent, the Walt Disney Co. To see Perlmutter, who had already lost control of Marvel's film unit in a vicious turf war with Feige and Disney in 2015, be forced to cede nearly all creative authority at the company he's run for more than 20 years came as a shock to some.

None were more surprised by the move than the Marvel executives who learned of the change through trade-press reports that heralded it. The lack of clear communication to stakeholders underscores the growing industry impression that Perlmutter no longer wields the influence that enabled him to run much of Marvel as a fiefdom after Disney acquired the company in 2009.

One executive recalls that a Muslim American television writer cited Perlmutter's support for Trump when declining an opportunity to work on a Marvel project. The individual added that it is common for Marvel talent to raise questions about Perlmutter's conservative bent.

Feige's promotion to Marvel Entertainment chief creative officer gives the executive total creative power, including over the narratives of the comics and the arcs of the streaming series at Disney Plus, as well as the worlds of the tentpole films. But it also will have a ripple effect on a number of Marvel veterans — many of whom will answer to Feige, not Perlmutter. Not least of these is Jeph Loeb, who according to sources is expected to leave his post as head of Marvel Television in the coming weeks and is in the market for an overall deal with a new company.

In recent months, Marvel Television appears to have become increasingly focused on animation. Last month, Disney-owned Hulu abandoned plans for a Marvel Television-produced "Ghost Rider" drama. That left the studio with only one announced new live-action series in the works — "Helstrom," also at Hulu. The sudden pulling of the plug on "Ghost Rider" is said to have shocked and embarrassed Marvel Television honchos.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
m9G9lhJ.jpg

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Loeb is out, that Hulu initiative is dead as a doornail. Helstrom might get a single season, but that'll be it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cloak and Dagger and Runaways wind down, too. But I think three seasons of each is a solid run.

Oct 25, 2017
One executive recalls that a Muslim American television writer cited Perlmutter's support for Trump when declining an opportunity to work on a Marvel project. The individual added that it is common for Marvel talent to raise questions about Perlmutter's conservative bent.

So glad Perlmutter has a severely diminished role. Fuck him.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
If Loeb is out, that Hulu initiative is dead as a doornail. Helstrom might get a single season, but that'll be it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cloak and Dagger and Runaways wind down, too. But I think three seasons of each is a solid run.
Feige could keep them going but might add them in the movies.

Nov 1, 2017
But i like theme-parks and hamburgers.

Is there anyone who don't like those two?

But kino should be restored and only way to do is to nuke marvel studios and disney /s

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he was planning to do both before the MCU fully took steam, hope he gives them mercy and not just reboot the whole thing.

I wouldn't mind honestly. I really do enjoy Runaways, and I'm looking forward to season 3, but a fresh reboot wouldn't hurt. Xavin can be an actual Skrull, Victor can be son of Ultron, Molly can be a mutant, actual Gibborim, all that. Would hurt to lose the cast but it's not all bad.

I can't imagine doing Cloak and Dagger any better though. Just let sleeping dogs lie there.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
i knew this was going to get so much worse once endgame became king of the box office

lmao

does any film nerd really care about that? Seems like something only massive DCEU fans and r/movies nerds are mad about. There hasn't been a period in recent history where the top of the box office charts wasn't dominated by tentpole franchise films.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't mind honestly. I really do enjoy Runaways, and I'm looking forward to season 3, but a fresh reboot wouldn't hurt. Xavin can be an actual Skrull, Victor can be son of Ultron, Molly can be a mutant, actual Gibborim, all that. Would hurt to lose the cast but it's not all bad.

I can't imagine doing Cloak and Dagger any better though. Just let sleeping dogs lie there.
The only thing they can still do is Victor but yeah. C/D though was good S2, I feel I want to see them as Ms. Marvel and Kate come.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Actually I think MCU backlash among film nerds really hit fever pitch once the films reached their critical peak, not their commercial peak. Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Black Panther getting rave reviews among the new wave of Youtube-styled film critics (and some real writers to boot) basically cemented them as the new Nolan Batman movies: huge successes that film nerds are just never going to embrace, for better or worse.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Sony gonna snatch Jeph Loeb to lead their Valiant Cinematic Universe.
If they were remotely intelligent, he might be able to make sense of their SUMC film and TV projects and he is probably more familiar than the average Sony executive.

Doubt Avi Arad relinquishes his grip over those projects, though.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Was just perusing the hangout and just saw the new title for the first time.

10/10 to whoever decided to change it lol

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a very awkward boner knowing Feige now has creative control of everything Marvel and Ike/Loeb are both gone from TV. Marvel TV is about to get real good, real fast. I am curious if he will be good at running comics though, that is a very different business then movies or tv.

Oct 31, 2017
Sony gonna snatch Jeph Loeb to lead their Valiant Cinematic Universe.

Valiant is not fully with Sony anymore and, just like James Gunn, I expect WB and DC to be a more enticing place to go to for Loeb.

How long before Feige takes over Marvel Games?

Not unless they start publishing and developing in house. As long as they are licensing then I think that will fall more under Perlmutter. Luckily Roseman and Ong are fans of the comics and are able to oversee the story arc well. So far anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.