• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Valiant is not fully with Sony anymore and, just like James Gunn, I expect WB and DC to be a more enticing place to go to for Loeb.

Not unless they start publishing and developing in house. As long as they are licensing then I think that will fall more under Perlmutter. Luckily Roseman and Ong are fans of the comics and are able to oversee the story arc well. So far anyways.
I trust those two, I'm just worried that Perlmutter will fuck things up (see the infamous Fox ban).

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
didn't realize this is the cover for art of endgame book:

91i2bqqeg8mlrajrg.jpg

that is fucking beautiful

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God damn the Marvel haters coming out in full force these past week. So fun to watch. When you the king, everyone wants to take you down.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Social media is eating out of the palm of these media outlets' hands and hateclicking, just as they intended
Final comment about this because I'm fucking sick of this discussion and might take a break from all social media for a while because of it: Mahvel ain't stopping movies like Midsommar, Parasite, Marriage Story, Hustlers, Booksmart, Ford vs. Ferrari, Ad Astra, etc., etc., etc., from coming out, and any awards The Irishman may get ain't gonna scare Feige into making "real cinema" so why doesn't everyone just move on?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Since the trolls can't use the whole "LOL AVATAR IS STILL THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF ALL-TIME" take anymore, it seems they've moved onto this crap. And of course, it's the same people who were team Avatar lol more like team anything-but-the-MCU.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
In don't bother opening any of the Marvel-related threads. I can't believe the level of shit posting that's allowed on the subject.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm probably going to get banned again for daring to go against the anti-MCU trolls but it's honestly annoying.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably going to get banned again for daring to go against the anti-MCU trolls but it's honestly annoying.

Don't get banned. These people will have to deal with Feige and the MCU living rent-free in their head for at least another decade. Their reactions are going to be hilarious and we all have front-row seats. Have fun with it, don't get angry or upset.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Iger should've taken the W and say nothing. If I was Iger... Anybody and I mean anyone, don't care how famous you are. Could be my dad talking shit about my movies. I'd go
giphy.gif

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't touch most Marvel threads on OT even with a 10 foot pole, especially since Scorsese made those statements. It's worked out great so far.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Do y'all think that Feige stays away from Wolverine for a while with X-Men? For nearly 20 years, Hugh Jackman has cemented himself as the character. I don't envy the next actor cast as Wolverine.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Do y'all think that Feige stays away from Wolverine for a while with X-Men? For nearly 20 years, Hugh Jackman has cemented himself as the character. I don't envy the next actor cast as Wolverine.

I don't see how you can do the x-men without the most popular character. Actually, what could be kind of interesting is do a first class esque movie to introduce the original team, and then have it end with them going to Krakoa, then movie 2 opens with them having been defeated, and we get a new team including wolverine to go save them. (I'd probably do Wolverine, Shadowcat, Storm, Sunfire, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Thunderbird, no he doesn't die at the end), and then make a new team with probably jean grey, cyclops, Shadowcat,storm, sunfire, Colosus, and thunderbird, for the third movie. Maybe make that the good dark phoenix movie.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter whether he does it five minutes or five years from now. It's going to immediately be the superior version of the character, just like it was with Spider-Man.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I don't see how you can do the x-men without the most popular character. Actually, what could be kind of interesting is do a first class esque movie to introduce the original team, and then have it end with them going to Krakoa, then movie 2 opens with them having been defeated, and we get a new team including wolverine to go save them. (I'd probably do Wolverine, Shadowcat, Storm, Sunfire, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Thunderbird, no he doesn't die at the end), and then make a new team with probably jean grey, cyclops, Shadowcat,storm, sunfire, Colosus, and thunderbird, for the third movie. Maybe make that the good dark phoenix movie.
I like that approach, I'd love a first class take.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn...First Renner and now Steinfeld...
Hawkeye fans seriously can't catch a fucking break.
Being a Hawkeye fan is suffering.
You scared for me a bit there, she's just pretending to not know since she's not allowed to confirm anything.

"That, I don't know about!" she said, seemingly caught off guard. "I don't know," she repeated. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

I mean, that essentially confirms that she got the role. Usually when actors have to lie about this stuff, they don't outright pretend like they've no idea about this massive scoop by the press. lol

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Goddamn...First Renner and now Steinfeld...
Hawkeye fans seriously can't catch a fucking break.
Being a Hawkeye fan is suffering.
The Variety article still mentions Renner, so Marvel Studios is probably gonna stick it out for the time being (likely pending the verdict of the trial, hence them supposedly drafting a Plan B). That plus he'll likely be gone after the show anyway. As for Steinfeld, her response is par the course for actors in talks for MCU roles.

Last edited:

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
I remember when Paul Rudd and Benedict Cumberbatch responded like that when they were in talks XD

And yeah, from the Variety article and the comicbook.com interview from yesterday with the other EG producer who's working on the Hawkeye show, it looks like Renner is still in. Variety's article doesn't even mention anything about the allegations. I think they'll only activate their plan B if more and more people come out and it's clear that he actually did what he was accused of...

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I remember when Paul Rudd and Benedict Cumberbatch responded like that when they were in talks XD

And yeah, from the Variety article and the comicbook.com interview from yesterday with the other EG producer who's working on the Hawkeye show, it looks like Renner is still in. Variety's article doesn't even mention anything about the allegations. I think they'll only activate their plan B if more and more people come out and it's clear that he actually did what he was accused of...
It'd be dumb not to have a Plan B, as it's both short-sighted regarding a possible guilty verdict as well as disrespectful towards the accuser & her serious allegations. But yeah, the wait-&-see approach is the smart play, especially after Alan Horn jumped the gun(n) last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.