• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Damn Disney ninjas already took down the Endgame deleted scenes lol

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Just post pictures of him and Roman Polanski when a new one pops up.

CcvDUY-WAAExaHw.jpg

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The phase 3 part 2 boxset arrived on Monday so I've been binging movies I hadn't seen in a long while.

Black Panther is still awesome. I feel like Killmonger has been overshadowed by Thanos in recent discussions of the MCU's best villains. He's such a great character though. My favourite moment is when he's taking his armor off to fight T'Challa, explaining how he had to strip away his humanity just to get to that point. So good.

Ant-Man and the Wasp is a hilarious movie, I will not stand for any criticism of it being 'low stakes' and 'filler'. I hope we see Ghost again not just because she's hot. Maybe add her to the Thunderbolts? I was reading her wiki and apparently she's done voice acting for Darks Souls 1 and 2, which is interesting! Funniest moment of the movie has to be when child size Scott is wandering around the school, and the theme of the music is also distorted and sped up, so damn funny.

Next up is Captain Marvel which I've only seen once. I wasn't particularly impressed with it back when it released, so maybe this rewatch will improve it.

I've already seen Infinity War a billion times, so I need a break from it lol.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
According to IMDb Pro, Ramin Djawadi is on board to compose Eternals. He did Iron Man, Game of Thrones and Westworld too.
Dylan Tichenor of There Will Be Blood, Zero Dark Thirty and Phantom Thread have joined Eternals as editor.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
According to IMDb Pro, Ramin Djawadi is on board to compose Eternals. He did Iron Man, Game of Thrones and Westworld too.
Dylan Tichenor of There Will Be Blood, Zero Dark Thirty and Phantom Thread have joined Eternals as editor.

Interesting, tho IMDB reported that Joseph Trapanese was going to score Eternals.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
For the last couple of months I've been watching the entire MCU with my mom. She had already seen Black Panther and Captain America: The First Avenger and really liked both, so I decided to start watching the entire MCU with her. As an experiment I've been showing the movies to her in chronological order, so I started with TFA, then Captain Marvel, then Iron Man and so on. She's been having a good time. We just watched Infinity War, she had no idea about the snap so she was shocked at the end. It was great. We should watch Endgame this weekend.
The on and off screen talent in this movie is stacked. Really looking forward to it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017

So Jeff Goldblum did one of those Buzzed interviews while playing with puppies. Classic Goldblum. But he reveals that he just did some voice work for the Disney+ Marvel What If show. He said that Robert Downey Jr was there (not sure if he meant they were in the same scene together, or if he just saw him there) and also that Taika Waititi also did some voice work as Korg. He said it in hushed tones, so I'm not sure if he was supposed to say this.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

So Jeff Goldblum did one of those Buzzed interviews while playing with puppies. Classic Goldblum. But he reveals that he just did some voice work for the Disney+ Marvel What If show. He said that Robert Downey Jr was there (not sure if he meant they were in the same scene together, or if he just saw him there) and also that Taika Waititi also did some voice work as Korg. He said it in hushed tones, so I'm not sure if he was supposed to say this.

"What if Iron Man was in the Contest of Champions?"

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Avengers: Endgame again.

If there's one thing I appreciate Thanos doing, it's that he wrecked the Avengers HQ. That was always so inferior to the tower.

Captain Marvel also has some of her best scenes in this one, I love her entrance to the battle, but also her way of fighting.

2wqjzi.gif

This Chitauri though:

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Cody Ziglar is also a comedy writer and will be writing She-Hulk

For anyone that dislikes comedy in their MCU flicks, stay away
Me personally I love my MCU comedy so can't wait

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I was just watching a video about the Marvel What If? series, and man, 23 straight weeks of what if shows sounds amazing. I also heard that sony's going to try to make 5?! SCUM tv series, and I'm just boggling my mind at the idea that sony thinks is can make 5 movies, and 5 tv series, and have them all be good, and do well.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
First set photos from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It's basically just Sebastian being Sebastian.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think that these Marvel Disney+ series episodes will be just as short as the Mandalorian?
30ish minutes long?

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone think that these Marvel Disney+ series episodes will be just as short as the Mandalorian?
30ish minutes long?
I'm expecting about 4-6 hours of content from each. So, yeah, could be 30 minutes per episode, especially Wandavision.

My only problem with the episodic structure is that you have to come to some conclusion at the end of every one, limiting the flow of story-telling.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting about 4-6 hours of content from each. So, yeah, could be 30 minutes per episode, especially Wandavision.

My only problem with the episodic structure is that you have to come to some conclusion at the end of every one, limiting the flow of story-telling.
I think all these mini-series could very well be filmed as a 4-6 hours long movies that get chopped up into 30-40 minute chunks.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
The live-action Marvel D+ series seem to have six episodes each, so I'm assuming each episode will be at least 40 minutes long.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think Marvel would cheat, and make 42 minute long animated episodes staring Tom Holland's Spider-Man, since they have the right to make animated shows less than 44 minutes?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I can see Cap Marvel 2 in 2022 but October is odd...

Also October being a month is because of Venom and Joker is it?

Oct 31, 2017
Marvel finally wised up that October is a great month after Venom and Joker. 4 movies and 3-4 live action tv shows. Might be a tad much. Anyways some random guesses right now

Feb Blade
July Ant Man 3
Oct Guardians 3

Feb Deadpool
May Cap Marvel 2
July Nova
Nov Fantastic Four

But if they extend the deal with Sony then one has to see where Spidey would fall because they usually go for that 07/04 weekend.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Marvel finally wised up that October is a great month after Venom and Joker. 4 movies and 3-4 live action tv shows. Might be a tad much. Anyways some random guesses right now

Feb Blade
July Ant Man 3
Oct Guardians 3

Feb Deadpool
May Cap Marvel 2
July Nova
Nov Fantastic Four

But if they extend the deal with Sony then one has to see where Spidey would fall because they usually go for that 07/04 weekend.
They could have Spidey at the end of June and still have Nova or something else at the end of July.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
i don't think they'll evert do five movies a year so it seems that after the trilogy spidy will take more than two years off

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
My guesses are
Feb 2022: Ant-Man 3
(BP2 already confirmed for May 2022)
July 2022: GoTG Vol. 3
October 2022: Blade (seems appropriate...)

Feb 2023: Deadpool 3
May 2023: Captain Marvel 2
July 2023: Spider-Man 4 (seems like Sony would yoink this placeholder date like they did with Homecoming if/when the current deal is extended)
November 2023: Fantastic Four

Status
Not open for further replies.