• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
2021 is fucking stacked:

Shang-Chi
WandaVision
Loki
Doctor Strange3
What-if
Spider Man 3
Hawkeye
Ms. Marvel
Moon Knight
She-Hulk
Thor 4

It blows my mind how they won't spread all these things out more over a few more years of time.
Seems like Marvel Studios is overcompensating for the relative lack of content next year with that 2021 line-up.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
According to the eternals trailer

there is a love triangle between sersi, black knight and ikaris. Which is new to me

luca

Oct 25, 2017
According to the eternals trailer

there is a love triangle between sersi, black knight and ikaris. Which is new to me
That's not true. People have been thinking there's a romance between Sersi and Black Knight ever since the character was announced to be in the movie, since they had a romance in the comic books. But in the CCXP footage that romance is only alluded to between Sersi and Ikaris.

Also I'm not too thrilled about the Deviants not looking like their comic book counterparts and Druig suddenly being one and he looks human just like the Eternals:

"Deviants are in the film," Feige explained. "We'll see Deviants that will look unlike any Deviants you've seen in the comics. This is a new form of Deviants we're revealing in the movie."

Despite the trees, the raccoons, celestials and the occasional flerken, I feel like Marvel Studios still aren't too confident in embracing the true comic book insanity like the floating head Supreme Intelligence, or the abstract cosmic entities they talked about for Infinity War and now the colorful and weird Deviants. But they are taking small steps.

Kevin Feige also talked about Thanos:

"Thanos in the comics was an Eternal on Titan, there may be connections but really this about new ten characters that are played by an incredible group of actors that we're focusing on," Feige confirmed.

I really don't feel like there's gonna be any connection to Thanos in Eternals, and I really don't need it either.

Eternals will span across 7000 years by the way.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
That's not true. People have been thinking there's a romance between Sersi and Black Knight ever since the character was announced to be in the movie, since they had a romance in the comic books. But in the CCXP footage that romance is only alluded to between Sersi and Ikaris.
Wait what? So there's no gay character in it after all? I thought Ikaris is gay in this [/spoilers]

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
2021 is super stacked already. I personally don't expect to see those 3 shows premier in 2021. I bet at least 2 of the 3 will be pushed into 2022 if not all 3.
They'd be sitting on Ms. Marvel for over a year at that point (counting post-production) if they film from April to, say, October. Plus it'll be starting production not long after Loki (assuming production for Loki starts in Q1 2020) & possibly before Hawkeye. Not to mention that Ms. Marvel had a showrunner locked in long before She-Hulk or Moon Knight got theirs. I'm not sure about the other two, but Ms. Marvel being a 2021 release is a pretty safe bet at this point.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
2021 is fucking stacked:

Shang-Chi
WandaVision
Loki
Doctor Strange3
What-if
Spider Man 3
Hawkeye
Ms. Marvel
Moon Knight
She-Hulk
Thor 4

It blows my mind how they won't spread all these things out more over a few more years of time.

If this ends up being the schedule for 2021, and the Disney+ shows are rolled out one episode a week... my dream of getting a new MCU thing every week might actually come true

O_O

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
COMPLETE. GLOBAL. SATURATION.

Come 2021, time to put "superhero fatigue" to the test.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
COMPLETE. GLOBAL. SATURATION.

Come 2021, time to put "superhero fatigue" to the test.

I think it will be the true test. Mando has taken off in popularity in a way I never expected. Lots of non-Star Wars fans I know are watching it.

It tells me that fucking everyone has Disney+, so everyone is gonna be watching those MCU shows as well. Will they still go out to the theatres to watch the MCU movies when they're getting tons of new MCU content at home from their Disney+ sub? Can all of these shows maintain the level of quality we expect from the MCU?

I'd never doubt Feige but that 2021 schedule really is unprecedented. I just hope he isn't stretched too thin.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think it will be the true test. Mando has taken off in popularity in a way I never expected. Lots of non-Star Wars fans I know are watching it.

It tells me that fucking everyone has Disney+, so everyone is gonna be watching those MCU shows as well. Will they still go out to the theatres to watch the MCU movies when they're getting tons of new MCU content at home from their Disney+ sub? Can all of these shows maintain the level of quality we expect from the MCU?

I'd never doubt Feige but that 2021 schedule really is unprecedented. I just hope he isn't stretched too thin.
Feige being stretched too thin is my biggest concern, but he hasn't let us down yet. If he thinks he's up to it, who am I to doubt him?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Feige has to have a protege that helps him out with all these MCU projects.
Another concern I have for the D+ shows is post-production.
They are releasing so much in one year, I'm really scared that post-production work is going to be extremely rushed.
We get shoddy VFX in the MCU movies already, I can imagine that the D+ series will suffer even more and looks even worst...

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
How much shoddy VFX do we get in MCU movies. The end of BP and Banner in Hulkbuster are probably the worst but can't really think of anything insanely terrible.

These series don't seem like shows that need a ton of VFX work tbh.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
How much shoddy VFX do we get in MCU movies. The end of BP and Banner in Hulkbuster are probably the worst but can't really think of anything insanely terrible.

These series don't seem like shows that need a ton of VFX work tbh.
I don't know man...series like WandaVision and Loki might require just as much as the usual MCU movies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if She Hulk looks like how I imagine it in my head it's going to be CG all day every day

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The hulkbuster looks so crappy because they changed it relatively late in the production of IW. I dunno why BP was bad. (I think I read that people were pulled off it to work on IW)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The hulkbuster looks so crappy because they changed it relatively late in the production of IW. I dunno why BP was bad. (I think I read that people were pulled off it to work on IW)
The visual effects team doing the third act fight just didn't have enough time, so they took shortcuts with their techniques or else they wouldn't have been able to deliver it on time.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
The final fight in BP was also because it was a rush job, late in production. Don't know why and what went wrong.
They say they only had six weeks for that in a Corridor Crew video: https://youtu.be/HWnRuPZ1Exg?t=182

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Ah,allright. Well, there's no schedule for She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, and Moon knight (tho it seems to me that MK would need the least amount of SFX, just going by their powers), so they don't have to rush them to meet a deadline. And 2021 is already packed, they could easily move one of them to 2022.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ah,allright. Well, there's no schedule for She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, and Moon knight (tho it seems to me that MK would need the least amount of SFX, just going by their powers), so they don't have to rush them to meet a deadline. And 2021 is already packed, they could easily move one of them to 2022.
The only thing about pushing things back is that other things may not be ready to be pushed up and they may not want a big gap in their D+ schedule. We don't know what their internal schedule looks like.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing about pushing things back is that other things may not be ready to be pushed up and they may not want a big gap in their D+ schedule. We don't know what their internal schedule looks like.

Well, that's true, but what I meant is that they haven't announced anything yet, so it can't be delayed till they do. There's no deadlines to hit, so they can *hopefully* wait till they're ready.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I don't know man...series like WandaVision and Loki might require just as much as the usual MCU movies.
It all depends on what kind of series they're gonna be. Has it been stated by anyone? WandaVision could be a legit sitcom with them just living life and facing regular problems like dog ruining the couch or the tv not working.

Im gonna assume every series will have some action and some more than others so they'll need to put in some work but idk how much.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It all depends on what kind of series they're gonna be. Has it been stated by anyone? WandaVision could be a legit sitcom with them just living life and facing regular problems like dog ruining the couch or the tv not working.

Im gonna assume every series will have some action and some more than others so they'll need to put in some work but idk how much.

I think Fiege's been quoted as saying the first half is a love letter to old 50's and 60's sitcoms, and then 4-6 are more action oriented. I would guess that episode 1 seems normal, but you see the cracks in the facade at the end, then episode 2 they get more numerous, and episode 3 ends with the charade ending, leading into 4-6. basically, i'm saying they're remaking Hi Honey, I'm Home:

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
The final fight in BP was also because it was a rush job, late in production. Don't know why and what went wrong.
They say they only had six weeks for that in a Corridor Crew video: https://youtu.be/HWnRuPZ1Exg?t=182

It's two dudes in black suits fighting against a dark blue background. It was poorly conceived and rushed. My guess is that it took them too long to figure out how to put two guys in indestructible suits in any real danger, and the vibranium maglev in the cave was a super late addition to the story.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Cool the Taskmaster action figure does have his cowl up. From the trailer it looked like you got see a bit of it, cool that itll be up at least outside of fight scenes.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
"Kiss my ass, Agents of SHIELD and Netflix."
- XOXOXO, Kevin Feige, probably.

"After 'Endgame,' thinking, 'What can we do next?'" said Feige. "Disney+ is going to give us this opportunity to tell even deeper stories with characters you already know and love…in a new type of cinematic way that we haven't done before. We've already started shooting two of them and they're very, very special."

He added, "And it all, for the first time, will interlink. So, the MCU will be on your TV screen at home on Disney+ and interconnect with the movies and go back and forth. It's exciting to expand the MCU into even bigger and better heights."

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel Cinematic Universe | Everything is Connected...not you Netflix and Hulu...you too SHIELD

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I'd say "if Feige is involved then consider it canon" but then there's Agent Carter, both the one-shot and the series with questionable status in canon.

How is the series questionable when Edwin Jarvis appears in Endgame?

The one-shot causes some continuity errors, but it does get referenced in the Visual Dictionary.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carter is soft continuity - easy to keep it in until otherwise confirmed.

When AoS S7 finishes we should have a thread or something to commemorate the pre-Disney+ TV MCU. It had some real crap but I'm gonna miss it.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Carter is soft continuity - easy to keep it in until otherwise confirmed.

When AoS S7 finishes we should have a thread or something to commemorate the pre-Disney+ TV MCU. It had some real crap but I'm gonna miss it.

Not just that, but there's still a rumor that AoS goes to visit Peggy in their time machine Zephyr. Who knows. I hope it's true.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I figure with the introduction of the multiverse, it's easy enough to say that AoS is it's own universe, as is the netflix stuff, and the runaways/C&D.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
So no gay character... or is it someone else... weird.

There has been a lot of doubt, but just a few months ago Feige did say this specifically -

While he didn't confirm which character, the executive producer told Good Morning America in an interview that premiered on Monday, "He's married, he's got a family, and that is just part of who he is."

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
6H0Ogh3.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Feige has to have a protege that helps him out with all these MCU projects.
Another concern I have for the D+ shows is post-production.
They are releasing so much in one year, I'm really scared that post-production work is going to be extremely rushed.
We get shoddy VFX in the MCU movies already, I can imagine that the D+ series will suffer even more and looks even worst...

There were a couple of names that have been with feige at marvel a long time and would likely replace him if he gets a larger role in the company. I'm sure he is grooming his next successor.

Screenrant suggests victoria alonso, who is Marvel EVP. Has produced every film in the MCU besides Hulk.

IGN feels Trinh Tran Exec Producer of Infinity War and End Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.