• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I just started the last episode of Runaways season 3...
I've always found Runaways to be quite boring, but this episode... Why did it have to take so long to get this awesome?

May 17, 2018
6H0Ogh3.gif
never gets old

are we running with this or is this a nothingburger?

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like his head is photoshopped onto another person's body, so that's a mind-blowing transformation.

Man went from Chris Pratt to Chris Pratt.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twist: He leaves Emily for Zoe Kazan.

But, for real, good on Kumail for going all in on the body transformation.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, it sucks that all of the MCU shows are at least 9-10 months away, and most are much further away.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
And with the shows releasing weekly that means you won't really have gaps in between them. Every week will be something new in the MCU.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
4 movies & at least 5 shows......damn.

I think they'll move at least one of those shows to 2022. the only ones that have to come out are loki and wandavision. Still, 3 shows (+what if) + 4 movies is still a ton

And with the shows releasing weekly that means you won't really have gaps in between them. Every week will be something new in the MCU.

Especially with 23 weeks of What if. If that starts in june 2021, that'd take us through the end of the year.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Well, we still have Feige's statement at CCXP that Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Moonknight 'will be ready' for D+ at the end of 2020. So, at least one or two of those (or all three) will release in 2021, I'd imagine. That would mean at least 4 or 5 live action shows, plus What If, in 2021.
Five live action shows a year sounds insane to me. But I could imagine them wanting to do 4 live action shows and 4 movies a year. Still insane, but with Marvel TV not producing any new stuff for D+, it doesn't sound all too crazy that they want to have four seasons of new live action stuff on D+ every year.
We'll see. Crazy times.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think they'll move at least one of those shows to 2022. the only ones that have to come out are loki and wandavision. Still, 3 shows (+what if) + 4 movies is still a ton

Especially with 23 weeks of What if. If that starts in june 2021, that'd take us through the end of the year.
Yeah, I only counted Ms. Marvel of the 3 shows with unannounced timeframes since it's apparently beginning production not long after Loki.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I only counted Ms. Marvel of the 3 shows with unannounced timeframes since it's apparently beginning production not long after Loki.

Ah, okay. That seems reasonable. Probably release that in fall, after loki and wandavision have finished. Wonder if it'd tie into spider-man? Hmm....interesting....

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Then it should be an utterly insane 2021.
Yeah, unless Feige meant something different. Here's a video of it, with horrible audio and skips: https://youtu.be/S189U-gEZYI?t=385
'We announced Moonknight, She-Hulk ... and these shows will be ready towards the end of next year ... [someone else:] right around the time Disney+ ...' presumably they're talking about the time D+ rolls out in Latin America at the end there. So, it does sound like the three shows without releases dates will be released throughout 2021. Which would make sense since they're part of phase 4, and Feige said phase 4 is 2020-2021. It all checks out.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Concerning the WandaVision set pics:

I seem to remember reading that S.W.O.R.D. was considered a Fox property, did I hear right or was that hogwash?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else interpret Feige's statement at CCXP about the pipeline of movies in the works as an accidental reveal of Captain Marvel 2 coming in Feb 2022? He listed every announced movie in order of release dates, with the exception of Captain Marvel which he name dropped in between Thor and BP. Might just be a coincidence but thought it might be potentially revealing. At the very least it could point to Captain Marvel 2 coming in that year if not specifically Feb.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Concerning the WandaVision set pics:

I seem to remember reading that S.W.O.R.D. was considered a Fox property, did I hear right or was that hogwash?
Yep, Agents of SHIELD planned to have it but it got locked up by the FOX rights.

So 2021 would be

-Wandavision
-Shang Chi
-Loki
-Doctor Strange 2
-What If?
-MCU Spidey 3
-Hawkguy
-Thor 4
-Ms. Marvel/Moon Knight/She Hulk depending what finishes first.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to phase 3 in my marvel re-watch. Ive been trying to add in some of the marvel shows as well but agents of shield is putting me to sleep. I hear it gets better, but man oh man, this show is hard to watch. The science technobabble, the misplaced sexual tension, and the plots that seem to get thrown away after one episode without building to something is really killing it for me.

No offense to people that like it, but after about 8 episodes of season 1, I dont think I can make it to where it gets good.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, geez, I forgot about hawkguy.

Just got to phase 3 in my marvel re-watch. Ive been trying to add in some of the marvel shows as well but agents of shield is putting me to sleep. I hear it gets better, but man oh man, this show is hard to watch. The science technobabble, the misplaced sexual tension, and the plots that seem to get thrown away after one episode without building to something is really killing it for me.

No offense to people that like it, but after about 8 episodes of season 1, I dont think I can make it to where it gets good.

Skip Seasons 1-3, and watch season 4.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, geez, I forgot about hawkguy.

Skip Seasons 1-3, and watch season 4.

No. They only needs to watch a few more episodes before it starts getting good. You need to see the team in its infancy to appreciate the call backs. Part of why season 4's 3rd arc is so good is because of the way it relates to season 1.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
No. They only needs to watch a few more episodes before it starts getting good. He needs to see the team in its infancy to appreciate the call backs.

nah. if he's about ready to bail 8 episodes into season 1, I'm not going to tell him to watch the rest of season 1, then 2, then 3, just to get to the amazing season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.