• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see so many people on board with WandaVision finally.

Also the Loki footage hinted at the Time Variance Authority.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Most excited for Falcon & WS as it seems to move the story forward. WandaVision and Loki premise feels like a filler.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Most excited for Falcon & WS as it seems to move the story forward. WandaVision and Loki premise feels like a filler.

WandaVision does move the story forward as it ties into the Dr. Strange sequel somehow.

Loki seems like a filler based on what little we know since it ties into alternate timeline events in Endgame. But it may very well move the story forward somehow.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I tell you this Zemo guy lives on luck. First T'Challa lets him live, now Bucky empties his magazine. Bucky looks hella slick.

zemo1v5kzd.jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Everything 2021 wise should ramp up in the Spring since Ms. Marvel-Moonie-2021 films are starting production

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
They are wearing USA themed band uniforms, which commonly include capes (at least for the drum majors).

My guess this is the modern equivalent of the propaganda Cap was used for during WW2. Of course this time it's more sinister, as the Gov is pretending to have a positive relationship with the black community.

Ah, I thought the A was supposed to mimic the A on USAgent's out fit. Thanks for the info.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So currently we have Taskmaster copying...
  • Black Widow
  • Captain America
  • Hawkeye
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man
...did I miss anyone?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I thought the A was supposed to mimic the A on USAgent's out fit. Thanks for the info.

No I think you're absolutely right that they are dressed to celebrate USAgent. I was just saying that the outfits and capes are typical band attire, just colored to match the theme of the event.

If I had to guess, the show will have an HBCU get pressured to promote USAgent and cast a positive light on him. It kinda reminds me of how Trump spoke at Benedict College in 2019 and had a score of supporters there cheering him on, but only 7 actual Benedict students were allowed to attend. The rest were asked to stay in their dorms for "security reasons" and the audience was mostly Trump supporters brought in from around the country.

I may Be Reading too much into the short clip, but I'm hoping the show touches on these types of issues.

Oct 28, 2017
So insane theory I just came up with.

What if...since the stones were needed for cosmic balance in the MCU, what if they weren't actually destroyed in the main timeline, but their power transferred to individuals.

What if Wanda gets the power of the mind stone (since her powers were granted by it). Maybe it's not true reality manipulation. And Vision's consciousness is part of it, so he is inhabiting her mind with her, and the series is that premise?

I know.

That would also mean that Carol gets the power of the Space stone, Dr Strange gets time...MAYBE Jane gets reality?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So currently we have Taskmaster copying...
  • Black Widow
  • Captain America
  • Hawkeye
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man
...did I miss anyone?
No, that's it. He did Cap moves in the special look from last month as well. The shield defence, throw and the spin I think Cap does in Age of Ultron(?)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
No I think you're absolutely right that they are dressed to celebrate USAgent. I was just saying that the outfits and capes are typical band attire, just colored to match the theme of the event.

If I had to guess, the show will have an HBCU get pressured to promote USAgent and cast a positive light on him. It kinda reminds me of how Trump spoke at Benedict College in 2019 and had a score of supporters there cheering him on, but only 7 actual Benedict students were allowed to attend. The rest were asked to stay in their dorms for "security reasons" and the audience was mostly Trump supporters brought in from around the country.

I may Be Reading too much into the short clip, but I'm hoping the show touches on these types of issues.

Ah, allright. I don't pay any attention to college bands, so I'll take your word for it that the capes are typical of such things. I do tend to agree with you, that it would be great if the show touches on that. Especially as they're trying to replace Steve's chosen heir (Sam, an african american) with john walker.

What if...since the stones were needed for cosmic balance in the MCU, what if they weren't actually destroyed in the main timeline, but their power transferred to individuals.

What if Wanda gets the power of the mind stone (since her powers were granted by it). Maybe it's not true reality manipulation. And Vision's consciousness is part of it, so he is inhabiting her mind with her, and the series is that premise?

I know.

That would also mean that Carol gets the power of the Space stone, Dr Strange gets time...MAYBE Jane gets reality?

Word of God says that the stones weren't destroyed, but reduced to the size of atoms.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I just came from a showing of The Gentlemen and it had a trailer of Morbius attached. They removed the Vulture cameo lol.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, allright. I don't pay any attention to college bands, so I'll take your word for it that the capes are typical of such things. I do tend to agree with you, that it would be great if the show touches on that. Especially as they're trying to replace Steve's chosen heir (Sam, an african american) with john walker.

Word of God says that the stones weren't destroyed, but reduced to the size of atoms.

Not necessarily that the gems became the size of atoms - but they were atomized - their entire being was reduced to nothingness.

Oct 27, 2017

I know.

The MCU Infinity Stones seem to contain / connect to the powers of the others. Holding a stone directly lets a bearer use its specific power, but those who were "granted" powers from a stone seem to develop powers that are aspects of other stones. The Maximoffs were given their powers through Mind Stone experiments, but their powers are expressions of other stones: Wanda's powers echo the Reality Stone with its red, wispy effects, and Pietro's speed seemed related to the Space Stone (speed could also come from manipulating time, but his speed trails were blue, not green). Carol was zapped by energy from the Space Stone, but her abilities are more consistent with the Power Stone.

As far as a universe without stones, I think the Ancient One said that would leave the universe vulnerable to attacks from other dimensions. Strange's bargain has taken the Dark Dimension off the table, but there's a big opening there for Annihilus to come in from the Negative Zone.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
In Ragnarok, Loki tells his brother that he bet against him for his fight against Hulk and that he hopes he loses.

Loki is an enormous asshole.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

I know.

In the main timeline, the essence of the infinity stones still exist - they just aren't in a form that would allow individuals to collect and utilize them.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like most of the main cast are wrapping on Eternals now. Kumail Nanjiani, Richard Madden and now Gemma Chan are done. I think they still got somewhat under a month of filming, and then of course reshoots and pickups later on.

I really hope FAWS-Eternals-WandaVision is gonna be one hell of a three-punch. It's been a while since we've had a nice streak.

Also, Salma Hayek back in 2017 saying she's gonna be a superhero you've never heard of before:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why they replaced it, it makes Zemo come across as too evil right off the bat. Badass, but the kind of move I'd be expecting of him in a sequel, not his first appearance.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Zemo is still vaguely sympathetic in F&WS. It'd be a shame for him to go full villain.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The back half of this year is about to be loaded with FAWS, Eternals, and Wandavision. This thread will be booming starting in August until ??? (since it doesn't seem like the content is going to stop anytime after).

Status
Not open for further replies.