• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So is the going speculation that phase 4 and 5 are building to Young Avengers vs. Thunderbolts?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know Anthony Mackie mentioned that he'd go by Falcon but also have the shield, at least in F&WS. But I really hope Marvel Studios commits & actually has Sam go by Captain America after F&WS, as it kinda feels like a half-measure to just have Falcon with the shield.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So is the going speculation that phase 4 and 5 are building to Young Avengers vs. Thunderbolts?

Phase 4 and 5 is about a bunch more superteams than just those two it seems.

Like, they're DEFINITELY building up to at least these teams:

-Eternals
-Young Avengers
-Thunderbolts
-Fantastic Four
-X-Men

Plus possibly, eventually:

-Avengers squad with the remaining core cast led by Carol & T'Challa (Mighty Avengers? Ultimates?)
-new Guardians of the Galaxy team by the time Vol 3 rolls credits? (or just after)
-Agents of Atlas? (Jimmy Woo got some work to do)
-Heroes for Hire/New Avengers (recast the Netflix heroes!)
-X-Force (ehhh not by Phase 5 most likely)
-Dark Avengers (post-Thunderbolts)
-Plus Sony riding on their coattails with their Sinister Six lol

We're probably gonna get few phases set to really expand & diversify the MCU superhero community, before bringing a universal level threat like Galactus back, so that next time there's a big "Portals" moment even the supervillain squads will be showing up to help!

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Isaiah's crew of black Super-Soldiers were the result of trying to replicate Steve's origin. The point of the Truth is while Steve and Isaiah had the same powers and did similar heroic actions, Bradley's only reward was torture, court martial, and mental impairment. Because he was black.

I have no idea of the MCU would go that hard, but contrasting Sam's issues in trying to be a black Captain America in the modern day with what Bradley went though would be... very good.

Hehe very good indeed.

If they can pull this off, it can potentially rival black panthers success.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really love for them to pull off the whole Secret Invasion -> Dark Reign. Disney+ would make the whole thing so much more impactful than just films.

Like, man, imagine an "event series" Secret Invasion, followed by a year or so of shows based on a Dark Reign type continuity with the Dark Avengers as the main bad guys, capped with a New Avengers movie that finally teams up all the big names after a few years off.

They probably wouldn't be able to use Norman Osborn, though, which would be a shame.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
www.comingsoon.net

Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe Debunks Moon Knight Rumors

While talking to ComingSoon.net for his upcoming biopic thriller Escape From Pretoria, Daniel Radcliffe confirmed that the rumors he is being eyed for Disney+'s Moon Knight series are false, but that he's game to return to more franchise fare.

"But the Moon Knight rumors are untrue, I can officially debunk that one, I haven't heard anything about it."

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
They probably wouldn't be able to use Norman Osborn, though, which would be a shame.

Justin Hammer makes a decent stand-in for Norman Osborn for Dark Reign & Siege I think. Hell, Osborn had just taken over HAMMER lol

If they can get Rockwell to come back, he's a terrific actor he could really portray a hardened Justin Hammer after serving prison time, eager for an opportunity to come back in Tony's absence.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Justin Hammer makes a decent stand-in for Norman Osborn for Dark Reign & Siege I think. Hell, Osborn had just taken over HAMMER lol

If they can get Rockwell to come back, he's a terrific actor he could really portray a hardened Justin Hammer after serving prison time, eager for an opportunity to come back in Tony's absence.

That's an idea. I think Ross is the obvious choice, with the likely Thunderbolt connection and the fact he's been a soft antagonist since the very beginning. But it feels too "easy."

Hammer would definitely work with that fake "underdog redemption arc" that Norman was pulling. I could see him as the face of the Thunderbolts, and the surprise hero of the whole Skrull thing. Would be fun to see Rockwell pull off the PR friendliness vs. secretly ruthless.

bXegXAb.jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I expect TBolts to be like how the original started, no more Avengers so they need heroes to fill the gaps, in comes Hammer and Co.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I totally think the thunderbolts will be presented as the replacement for the avengers, since most of the team is dead, off world, retired, trapped in a sitcom reality or...wanted for murder. Let's seee. Official members of the Avengers: Thor-off world, Hulk- retired, Iron Man-dead, Cap-retired, War Machine-still around, Falcon-wanted criminal for not signing the accords, black widow-dead, hawkeye-retired, Vision-Dead, Wanda-trapped somewhere, Spider-Man-wanted for murder. (was Black Panther, Ant-Man or Captain Marvel ever technically Avengers? Gonna say no) So, of the Avengers, only 1's still around. So I can totally see Ross making a new team of Super powered beings and presenting them as the new avengers. I kind of would like Avengers 5 to be a Thunderbolts movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
yeah, the next "Avengers" movie will def be Thunderbolts instead at the rate they're going.

Black Widow and Falcon & WS about to do a lot of heavy lifting for Thunderbolts I hope

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I like the idea of the meta nature of marvel studios pretending that the thunderbolts are going to replace the avengers, before showing that no, they aren't the avengers, and we need the real thing to solve whatever problem's going on (definitely Galactus)

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Has anyone heard anything about the Marvel Art books for the movies going forward? There's no listing for the Black Widow art book anywhere. They usually go up for presale on Amazon a good 6 months before the movie is even out.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
yeah, the next "Avengers" movie will def be Thunderbolts instead at the rate they're going.

Black Widow and Falcon & WS about to do a lot of heavy lifting for Thunderbolts I hope

I actually kind of doubt that Thunderbolts would be the next big team movie. I am kind of seeing these Disney+ shows as opportunities to do shit that isn't as big or mainstream as The Avengers. Sure one could argue that Marvel can make anything marketable but they only have so many movie slots. I could easily see the Thunderbolts developing as a show though. I don't know maybe I am getting a different read of some of the developments. Still, I could never imagine that we would be getting Moon Knight or She-Hulk solo things if it weren't for the freedom of doing television shows instead of big tentpole films.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone heard anything about the Marvel Art books for the movies going forward? There's no listing for the Black Widow art book anywhere. They usually go up for presale on Amazon a good 6 months before the movie is even out.

Far From Home was the last to come out, and it was also the last movie of the Infinity Saga. Maybe they're not doing them for this phase, which would be a shame. I sincerely hope not.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
-Power Pack get a new book

"Marvel is prepping a announcement"

-Deadpool is in Fortnite

-X-Men are back

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018

The artbook for Endgame didn't get a listing on amazon 3 months before the film premiere and it didn't come out until November. They've likely shifted to having the artbooks come out after the film has premiered.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Rami Malek would make a good Iron Lad and Kang The Conqueror
Would tie all of the MCU together
Young Avengers, Fantastic Four, Avengers and X-Men
Imagine that

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Would they do Iron Lad or Ironheart?

I think it depends on whether or not they're introducing Kang the Conqueror in the MCU. Iron Lad didn't have much prescense in the Young Avengers besides his Kang connection and then he just ended up turning into Vision 2.0 afterwards. Ironheart would make a lot more sense since she's a lot more popular character now, a person of color, and RDJ himself was even vouching for her.

Another interesting tidbit is that amongst all the Isaiah Bradley talk in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Marvel just posted this...

www.marvel.com

The Legacy of Isaiah Bradley: The First Black Captain America

Check out Marvel's latest news, articles, and press on Marvel.com!

Could just be a coincidence with black history month but I thought the timing was interesting.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Looks like Disney is gonna do a Plus thing on 3/5

www.starwarsnewsnet.com

Disney to Reveal Exclusive Content at Disney Plus Launch Event on March 5 With Special Guests - Star Wars News Net

Disney is holding a launch event for the premiere of Disney Plus, where key executives and creatives will be presenting upcoming projects.

Disney is hosting an event for the upcoming launch of Disney Plus in Europe, with key executives and creative heads expected to discuss upcoming projects.

The special event will take place on March 5, 2020 in London. Certain key executives will be making exclusive presentations discussing Marvel and Star Wars along with other Disney properties.

Hopefully we'll get Ms Marvel casting news.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they will drop an official teaser trailer for FATWS or something.
and Im still waiting for that Kate Bishop casting news...

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Far From Home was the last to come out, and it was also the last movie of the Infinity Saga. Maybe they're not doing them for this phase, which would be a shame. I sincerely hope not.
The artbook for Endgame didn't get a listing on amazon 3 months before the film premiere and it didn't come out until November. They've likely shifted to having the artbooks come out after the film has premiered.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the Black Widow set comes with pieces of
the Crimson Dynamo suit
. May or may not factor into the film.

Technically, Anton Vanko, the original Crimson Dynamo is the comics, is already dead. His son was Iron Man 2's Whiplash. So this would be a new character if they appeared.
5cbbba041c7db207-600x338.jpg

IT IS ACTUALLY CONTROLLED BY THE BIRD

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Hasbro had the MCU thing and had 2021 with Loki, What If, Hawkguy and MM.

Moonie and She-Hulk nowhere on it and they actually had Spidey 3 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.