• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched Civil War, Downey is so good in it and steals the show. The whole movie takes its characters more seriously than anything before it.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
5 minutes. honestly can't wait for this movie. For some reason i really like homecoming (probably my favourite mcu movie)

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
decent trailer, but... all the "mindblowing future of the MCU" hype was based on a few expository lines of backstory about a supervillain that aren't confirmed by anything we actually see on screen in this trailer? sure, some of the fanboy rumor brigade are more credible than others, but these folks really need to learn to calm the hell down

also doesn't look like this movie is going to deal with the ramifications of the five-year time jump in any major way, which I expected to be the case for the MCU going forward, but FFH had more of a chance there due to having more of a focus on civilians

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Bit of Far From Home/Phase 4 speculation:
I think Mysterio and Phase 4 will really tackle the absence of the Avengers like the post-Disassembled stuff in the comics. Beck will be a con-man trying to take advantage of the hero vacuum for personal gain and Ross will be assembling his own Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers to finally have the superhero black ops squad he always wanted. Phase 4 will culminate in a New Avengers adaptation wherein Spidey, Strange, Carol and T'Challa will have to make a new team for a new threat.
This is all probably stuff you've talked about to death but I'm pretty interested in all of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The general sense I've gotten about the future of the MCU is that there will be more interconnectivity on the level of individual films, but that they're not planning on spending 5-10 years building up to another megacrossover movie anytime soon.

But I could be wrong, and things will be at least somewhat clearer in a few months.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they deal with the 5 years, much more than the multiverse in this. If they deal with both and shows some of the ramifications of those 5 years then it's cool.

Trailer was great. I love that he still got the Iron Spider suit at the start. He basically wears 4 different suits in this movie.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they deal with the 5 years, much more than the multiverse in this. If they deal with both and shows some of the ramifications of those 5 years then it's cool.

Trailer was great. I love that he still got the Iron Spider suit at the start. He basically wears 4 different suits in this movie.
I think they will at least in the beginning maybe first 15 min. The first teaser shows a fundraiser for the homeless with Happy bringing a 500k check from the stark relief foundation. Whole families may have disappeared and when they return their house could be gone and would have a tough time getting jobs right away.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think they will at least in the beginning maybe first 15 min. The first teaser shows a fundraiser for the homeless with Happy bringing a 500k check from the stark relief foundation. Whole families may have disappeared and when they return their house could be gone and would have a tough time getting jobs right away.
This is what I want to see. Just the smallest of scenes dealing with it like that.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Ah heck, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Mysterio is not actually from another reality and that the multiverse is not actually a significant part of FFH's plot.

Just a speculative prediction, I could be wrong, I don't claim certainty that this is the case, etc.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Started to rewatch some movies again(now that I have a 4K HDR TV, I am snagging some of these discs to enjoy on it).

Went through Avengers 1, which I haven't seen since the theater. Still a fun movie, but it really hits you how far the actors and characters have come in defining their roles and camaraderie since that film 6 years ago. Looks great in 4K, but the Atmos audio felt a bit muted and lacked a great soundscape. Spent the early part of the movie fiddling with the remote and menus trying to check if adjusts need to be made, but nope. It's a widespread issue with Disney transfers on their audio apparently. Just need to turn the volume way up and not to expect the soundstage to be a spectacle. Still sounded ok, but disappointing to other studio transfers.

Watched all the bonuses as well, most all the deleted scenes were good cuts that need not be included, especially the alt. opening/ending which would have been worse. Never knew about the various "Marvel One-Shot" shorts either. Need to watch them on other discs as I get to them. The one on the Avengers disc was pretty solid(young couple grabs a Chitauri weapon after the battle for NY and uses it to rob banks...then Shield goes after them).

Also watched the film a second time because I was real curious about the Whedon commentary. He provided a lot of great insight and helped me appreciate some of the details of the process, and especially the editing. Seems they really lucked out in tying scenes together and deciding on the order for introducing the various members of the team. Lots of great nuggets and an overall solid commentary that stayed focused on the creation and rarely dipped into heaping praise on his stars and producers as I notice some commentary tracks stoop into.

Anyway, going to try and track down a cheap Ironman 3 next I think to keep going in order. I didn't like it in the theater, but maybe I'll have a different perspective now? Real curious if a Shane Black commentary track is on the disc.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
If there was one franchise i'd like to be made into a Disney+ show, it'd be Spider-man. I really wish we got see more of the street-level stuff and I think Disney+ would be perfect for that. Hell, i'd even settle for a Miles Morales show but i'm sure Sony wouldn't allow it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Sad Confused released a pretty nice podcast interview with the Russos.

They confirm that Katherine Langford was supposed to be an older version of Morgan Stark, who Tony would see in that metaphysical world Thanos talked to child Gamora. But audiences didn't have an emotional attachment to the older Morgan, so it just confused test audiences. They were also asked about the seismic energy in the Atlantic, and Peggy mentioning Braddock at 0:27.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
Just some speculation from latest FFH trailer:

In the scene with Mysterio and Peter at the bar, it looks like Mysterio is drinking a beer but Peter looks to be drinking an orange juice instead. I wonder if they will make a light joke about this, with Mysterio offering to buy him a drink.

Edit: never mind he was 15 in civil war so he should be old enough to drink in most of Europe...

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

They confirm that Katherine Langford was supposed to be an older version of Morgan Stark, who Tony would see in that metaphysical world Thanos talked to child Gamora. But audiences didn't have an emotional attachment to the older Morgan, so it just confused test audiences. They were also asked about the seismic energy in the Atlantic, and Peggy mentioning Braddock at 0:27.

I wonder where I heard that before.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

If they're teasing it, I'd guess next month.

said this in the spoiler thread, but it sounds like they made the right call by cutting the Langford scene. The film already gives enough emotional weight to Stark's death as is, and odds are that it would have felt superfluous at best.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The Russos confirmed on that same Happy, Sad, Confused podcast that for a long time the title for Endgame was in fact 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet.' I guess Zoe Saldana really did slip up those two years ago, when the BBC interviewed her at the GotG2 premiere event.

They also said, in their minds, Cap was always worthy of lifting mewmew back when he slightly moved it in Age of Ultron, but decided not to:
Asked why Cap's worthiness wasn't displayed until Endgame, Anthony answered, "In our heads, he was able to wield it."

"He didn't know that until that moment in Ultron when he tried to pick it up, but Cap's sense of character and his sort of humility and sort of out of deference to Thor's ego, Cap in that moment realizing he can move the hammer, decides not to," Anthony said.

I'm also glad they cut that Katherine Langford scene.

I think I might go check out Endgame one more time before it leaves the largest cinema here. It will have been three weeks since I last saw it, if I go next week.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So Kathrine Langford is still signed on to be Morgan Stark right?
Like we can still expect to see her in future MCU movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.