• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2017
Anyone notice that the big 4 Avengers got an epic line in each Avengers movie during a break in the battle while the Avenger's theme kicks in.

Avengers: "That's my secret Cap, I'm always angry". Bruce
Age of Ultron: "Like the old man says, together". Tony
Infinity War: "Bring me Thanos!". Thor
Endgame: "Avengers Assemble!". Steve

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So does Wanda just not have mind control powers anymore? Was that just a Age of Ultron/Whedon thing? Because she hasn't use those very powerful and useful abilities at all since Age of Ultron

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
screenshot2019-05-10af1k05.png

They're trademarks for digital media and audio/video recordings (TV shows). Marvel has officially announced two of them. Spirits of Vengeance could be the Defenders style team up.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
So does Wanda just not have mind control powers anymore? Was that just a Age of Ultron/Whedon thing? Because she hasn't use those very powerful and useful abilities at all since Age of Ultron
Markus and McFeely (or maybe the Russos) commented on this, if I remember. The general idea is that powers and power levels can change from movie to movie depending on what makes sense for the story. I think they said Wanda's mind control powers ended up being too powerful to have any sensible use during the subsequent movies.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say the best thing about the MCU is almost all my favourite people end up in it at some point and then to boot they introduce me to new favorite people like Tom Holland

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Well, that Kimmel clip just helped me put two and two together. This is all speculation.

They are playing up on the whole "we need a new Ironman" angle, who will presumably be Peter, however that clip of Mysterio flying in gave me huge Ironman vibes and coupled with the bar scene where Mysterio asks Peter what he wants to do, clearly Peter just wants to be a kid for a moment. This is where Mysterio will more than likely come in and offer to take care of the Elementals and take on the responsibilities of being the next "Ironman". This will likely set up for the inevitable conflict where Peter finds out that Mysterio is responsible for the Elementals which will lead to a big fight where Peter realizes that he is the only person who can step up and be the next Tony. The whole movie will be a lesson about responsibilities and selflessness and a transition from Spider-almost-man to Spider-man.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Eh I get it it's to strike and keep people's attention while Endgame is still this cultural phenomenon....

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently J.B. Smoove is playing Mr. Bell, a teacher, and not J.J.J.

*Click for larger picture.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I get it it's to strike and keep people's attention while Endgame is still this cultural phenomenon....
Yeah, it struck me as a little early too but makes sense they want to strike while the iron is out. Both times I saw Endgame one of the biggest crowd pops is when Peter swings through the portal. And personally, one of my first reactions walking out of the theater was, I really can't wait for Spider-Man now! So I'm fine with the set reports and clips landing now, haha.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it struck me as a little early too but makes sense they want to strike while the iron is out. Both times I saw Endgame one of the biggest crowd pops is when Peter swings through the portal. And personally, one of my first reactions walking out of the theater was, I really can't wait for Spider-Man now! So I'm fine with the set reports and clips landing now, haha.

Sidenote glad to see Cobie Smulders out as part of the press tour.

Love me some more Maria Hill

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

It's a pretty awesome rendition of that cover I was just poking fun since I agree with Clayghost that it reminds of all of the 90s YA book covers like Goosebumps.

Oct 31, 2017
A bit OT, but maybe relevant to this thread.

Seems like marketwatch and someone else jumped the gun and announced that Disney agreed to acquire Comcast's share of Hulu (30-33%). The articles/tweets have been deleted, but they said:

"Disney agrees to acquire 33% stake in Hulu it does not own from Comcast"
The other stated something like, "Hulu has bankers going to the foreign exchange and bond market trying to price a bond sale to finance the purchase."

No word on Marvel rights being included (there wouldn't be word at this time). Seems like Hulu's full acquisition is happening. If you want those Marvel rights from Comcast cross your fingers Disney asked for them and they are part of the deal.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Seems like marketwatch and someone else jumped the gun and announced that Disney agreed to acquire Comcast's share of Hulu (30-33%). The articles/tweets have been deleted, but they said:

The other stated something like, "Hulu has bankers going to the foreign exchange and bond market trying to price a bond sale to finance the purchase."

No word on Marvel rights being included (there wouldn't be word at this time). Seems like Hulu's full acquisition is happening. If you want those Marvel rights from Comcast cross your fingers Disney asked for them and they are part of the deal.

Hate to ask, but can you provide a link? Can't find it on MarketWatch

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I never actually noticed these changes to her costume in Endgame. Probably cause of the glow effect around her.

As you can see in the photo below, the suit inverts the colors, going with a primarily red suit instead of the blue from the original. The shoulders and upper torso above the logo are now a deeper blue, with red on the arms and blue on the gauntlets. The gold of the earlier suit on the shoulder pads is also now gone.

The red on the body of the suit is split up by small slits of blue, and there's an outer outline of blue around the Hala Star. As you can see the belt is still here but is surrounded in a gorgeous blue sash that wraps around her waist, held in place with gold buckles. We also see the top of her legs are in red, though that fades into the blue with red accent lines and a bit of black to break things up.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, Far from Home tickets went up on sale. Also, apparently since it comes out on Tuesday there won't be a preview day.

Now I gotta decide if I wanna go watch it at 10 am or what.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
The more I think about it, the more i'm excited for eternals. If they can nail the characters like guardians did than I think it has potential to be great

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Try to get the Marvel Florida theme park rights while you're talking to Comcast, Disney.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The Hollywood Reporter asked McFeely and Markus if that "seismic energy in the Atlantic" was a tease at Namor. And it seems like it wasn't.

"I wish we were that smart," Markus told the Hollywood Reporter.

As I said earlier, I think it has more to do with the Eternals. We'll find out soon enough anyway.

[edit] Oh, I thought the quake was mentioned in Wakanda during the end, not at the briefing. Then it's probably nothing. If it had been mentioned at the end in Wakanda it could have been a set-up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
It has nothing to do with anything. The scene is about Widow coming to terms with the fact that she can't do something about everything. Underwater earthquakes aren't Avengers territory.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I never actually noticed these changes to her costume in Endgame. Probably cause of the glow effect around her.

For what it's worth, the 1990s design of the suit is from Captain Marvel, which went into production after Endgame. There are apparently some touches in the Endgame suit that make her appearance closer to the comics versions (that girdle thing, and the topknot?) We'll have to wait and see which versions of the suit stick. It's probably not unlike the evolution of Steve Rogers' outfit.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Nova almost appeared in Infinity War. Christopher Markus said he had multiple scenarios involving Nova and he would've been the herald to warn people of Thanos coming:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ters-suggested-x-men-storyline-marvel-1209732

"I remember going through several scenarios of Nova. Thanos could come and kill all the Nova Corps, except one guy. Richard Rider, who then becomes … I think in that scenario he became the herald, kind of like the Hulk was [in Infinity War when he crashed into the Sanctum Santorum]. Someone who could come out and tell people."

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
A good thing they didn't do that. Would've been overstuffed. Still hoping for a Nova solo movie that uses the destruction of Xandar by Thanos as a starting point though. It's too ideal.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Ha, that's fun. Went to see Endgame again yesterday, and was a little spot before the movie starts with Tom Holland asking people to stay after the credits for the FFH trailer, which is now basically functioning as an aftecredits scene.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
That Doctor Strange 2 rumor is literally exactly what I've wanted since leaving the theater at the end of Doctor Strange 1. All they need to do now is Shuma-Gorath and I can die a happy Doctor Strange fan. Hoping 2 at the very least matches the quality of the original.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Could we please get an anthology series on the aftermath of Endgame in the civilians' perspective?
It's kinda like the tv series "Manifest", but in the MCU.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Could we please get an anthology series on the aftermath of Endgame in the civilians' perspective?
It's kinda like the tv series "Manifest", but in the MCU.
That'd actually be really awesome. Switching to the perspective of average doctors, law enforcement, high schoolers with a heavy background of the superhero stuff would be cool. The Netflix slate kind of touched on civilians trying to exist in a world of metahumans but it could have been pushed much further. I can see one episode about a high school girl crushing on a classmate developing mutant abilities and being scouted by the X-Men. Another with a heavy horror atmosphere about lab assistants of some scientists like Curt Connors or Dr Octavius at the moment of their switch into villains. Still another with a found footage set up like Cloverfield except they cast is trying desperately to escape in the middle of the Battle of New York or the destruction of the Hong Kong Sanctum from Dr Strange. Maybe one from the perspective of the guards on the raft having to hold back a prison break of several supervillains. There's a lot of interesting stuff that could be mined out of an anthology like that.

"No come on you'll feel bad" Lol I absolutely loved the dynamic between Banner and Scott in that scene. Ruffallo and Rudd played off of each other so well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.