• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Don't click on that tag. Some people will probably use it where there are spoilers.

Last edited:
Variety Interview with Kevin Feige on Disney+ shows, X-Men

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Seem the shows can be anywhere between 6-10 episodes:
To that end, Feige gave fans a few clues about what to expect. "It's the first long-form narrative that Marvel Studios has done — they'll be six episodes, eight episodes, 10 episodes with the actors from the films playing their characters," he said. "They'll be changing, evolving, growing in those event series and then those changes will be reflected in their next film appearances."

And the actors were totally on board the idea of MCU streaming shows:
"I think it's a testament to the quality of streaming and to the way things are changing that many of our actors are totally into it and are totally excited by it," said Feige. "I was concerned about it. I had a whole song and dance ready to sell them about why we were so excited about it and why this was a best case scenario. But, within one second they were like, 'You guys are doing it, we're in.'"

About Deadpool:
"When we were purchased, Bob said to us, 'if it's not broke, don't fix it,'" said Feige. "There's no question that Deadpool is working, so why would we change it?"

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
RDJ posted a cute pic of him and brie and as usual, sensitive white dudes were up in arms, saying they boycotting endgame.

It was 2 fucking months ago dudes are still mad, I shudder to think about the endgame box office total. Might be 3 billy at this rate.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
The new Iron Man suit CGI looks like shit, my god. Never had much issue with the suits, but that one tv spot that has Tony suiting up looks so bad.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
That's great about Deadpool, but the implication of the contrary is quite funny for the rest of the X-Men...

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Russos had 2 years, no excuses. It looked off in civil war, and infinity war, at times.

Yeah, Civil War had the airport scene that looks strange, and IW's first suit up scene is okay, but definitely off. But this is the first time it just looks so bad, I can't believe they decided to release it .

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Feige interview on the shows is bonkers. That's the dream for me though. You miss out on a series and you miss out on some character/plot development for the next film.

It's comics in media form. Right into my fucking veins.

That's great about Deadpool, but the implication of the contrary is quite funny for the rest of the X-Men...

Yep. They're finished lmao. Good riddance.

These discussions about the newer TV spots means this is where I take my leave. I'll prolly pop in here next Thursday just before my first showing.

We're in the Endgame now, folks. See y'all on the other side.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Seem the shows can be anywhere between 6-10 episodes:

And the actors were totally on board the idea of MCU streaming shows:

About Deadpool:

I really wish Feige would throw AoS a bone, but it's pretty clear that Feige has no plans to fold AoS into the main MCU canon.
There so much amazing AoS characters Feige could use in the Disney+ series...

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Rewatching Cap 1, I reaaaally hope they find a way to fit in Star Spangled Man in some way.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. The Russos attention to detail.

Found on r/marvelstudios.

73wod4rzzss21.jpg

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Time feels like it's flying for me. Maybe I'm the old one in here, though.

Same. I can't believe it's just a little over a week out. Doesn't feel that long ago when I was in a Lyft coming back from Infinity War thinking how long the next year was going to be lol

Maybe it is an age thing. I remember the count down to stuff like Spider-Man 3 and The Dark Knight being excruciatingly slow.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone posting spoilers outside of one thread is banned. r/Marvel is completely locked down though.
Which makes sense but I personally wouldn't even risk being on Reddit period.
Every time I click this thread i'm expecting to be spoiled on something, can't even imagine a place as big as reddit.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Which makes sense but I personally wouldn't even risk being on Reddit period.
Every time I click this thread i'm expecting to be spoiled on something, can't even imagine a place as big as reddit.

The worst place is Instagram since the algorithm will throw the spoilers right in your face. Twitter is bad too, but there are ways to mitigate it there.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The worst place is Instagram since the algorithm will throw the spoilers right in your face. Twitter is bad too, but there are ways to mitigate it there.
Instagram, Facebook and YouTube have all become no-scroll zones for me. I had the snap for Infinity War spoiled for me about a week before release on Facebook and expect it to be the same. Funny enough, I follow you on Twitter and have been actively avoiding your tweet replies in fear of trolls. lol luckily I always use Twitter to share memes with my girlfriend and don't use it much beyond that.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Instagram, Facebook and YouTube have all become no-scroll zones for me. I had the snap for Infinity War spoiled for me about a week before release on Facebook and expect it to be the same. Funny enough, I follow you on Twitter and have been actively avoiding your tweet replies in fear of trolls. lol luckily I always use Twitter to share memes with my girlfriend and don't use it much beyond that.

On mobile Twitter disable media previews in the settings and then you won't see pics and videos people post.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
That red/black Spidey costume remains so badass. Probably one of my favorite costumes in the MCU alongside Ant-Man's costume in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' and Black Panther's in 'Captain America: Civil War'.

Far From Home is gonna be a ton of fun this summer.

And yeah, I also feel like the days are going fast up to the Endgame release. Just keeping myself busy with other stuff.

Last edited:

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

I've heard hideous things about Twitter in recent years, but there do indeed still exist mitigations. I always use dabr.eu instead of twitter.com . It lets you use oauth to connect to Twitter. The advantages are basically a 2009-era Twitter experience. Essentially you follow people and only their tweets appear in your stream. If you vet your stream there is no chance of crap you don't want appearing there.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
On mobile Twitter disable media previews in the settings and then you won't see pics and videos people post.
Done, thanks!

I've made it to Avengers on my rewatch list (finished Ironman, Thor and TFA) and just realized how long it's been since i've watched it (probably 5 years).

Edit: Still can't get over how bad-ass Mysterio's costume looks. Best MCU villain design, period.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Disney (I assume) spending an unprecedented $200 million+ on the promo campaign for Avengers: Endgame.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

All of 'MCU Direct,' 'We Got This Covered' and 'Screenrant' are reporting on 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' moving up a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.