• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I'm not sure what Black Knight would be doing in an Eternals movie, were it not for the fact that he and Sersi were a couple back in 90s comics.

Seems to undermine the initial reports of the film being set thousands or millions of years in the past, and also has me wondering if certain theories about Madden and Ikaris are true, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Dane is a love interest for Sersi.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Eternals has an incredible young creative team... The Firbo cousins writing it: Matthew is 28-29, DOn't know how old Ryan is but I can;t imagine much old/younger.... and Director Chloe Zhao is 37....

All are doing their first big picture all have great pedigree.... and are the right kind of energy a crazy film like Eternals needs.

Add an incredible cast and I think this has top MCU potential

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Huh, Black Knight in eternals is a weird choice. Eternals is much more sci-fi than he is

Oct 29, 2017
Surprised Black Knight is in Eternals, wonder if it's a Black Panther in Civil War moment as I know the team has wanted to move forward with him as a character for a while.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, Black Knight in eternals is a weird choice. Eternals is much more sci-fi than he is

Dane's a scientist and used a laser sword for a long period of time, I don't think it'll be that tough for him to fit in personally.

Never read any Black Knight. Any recommendations?

A lot of Avengers. Roy Thomas's run, Roger Stern's run, Bob Harras's run...

Oh, and John Ostrander's Heroes for Hire.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't understand why they cast Gemma Chan as another character and didn't hide her face for either.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why they cast Gemma Chan as another character and didn't hide her face for either.

Because they can lol

Who's really gonna take issue with this when the first character she played was a
(now deceased) blue skinned alien that barely did anything :P

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
So we've got

• Monica Rambeau in WandaVision
  • She-Hulk in her own D+ series
  • Black Knight in Eternals
  • Rumours of Namor coming
Just get Hercules in there too, and we can pretty much have the Stern Avengers era on the big screen. This is what Feige has actually been building to this whole time!

L15zxwb.jpg

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
He doesn't know any more than anyone else.

Yeah I read that as saying he's grateful no matter what happens and thanking fans for their support. I still think a new deal will definitely be struck but it will take a few weeks or probably months before it gets sorted out and there will probably be more Chicken Little articles before it happens :P

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a pretty standard "Thank you for your support" message. Doesn't really hint at anything one way or another.

This corporate spat only became public four days ago. It was very sudden and messy, and if there is any chance Sony and Disney come back to the table and make a deal, the talks will probably take weeks at the very least, not to mention the deal. This thing isn't gonna get wrapped up quickly or cleanly.

If talks continue, we'll probably have stories with more details like we've already seen and/or rumors popping out every few days or so until a deal is made or falls through completely. If they do fall through with no chance of repair, then we'll likely get a official comment on it by Disney or Marvel Studios themselves. Until then it's still up in the air.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, it's a pretty standard "Thank you for your support" message. Doesn't really hint at anything one way or another.

This corporate spat only became public four days ago. It was very sudden and messy, and if there is any chance of Sony and Disney come back to the table and make a deal, the talks will probably take weeks at the very least, not to mention the deal. This thing isn't gonna get wrapped up quickly or cleanly.

If talks continue, we'll probably have stories with more details like we've already seen and/or rumors popping out every few days or so until a deal is made or falls through completely. If they do fall through with no chance of repair, then we'll likely get a official comment on it by Disney or Marvel Studios themselves. Until then it's still up in the air.
This, you guys are getting riled up over every statement. The best thing we can do right now is relax and hope that Disney, Marvel Studios, & Sony Pictures can hash out a deal in the near future. It obviously won't happen overnight, but patience is key right now.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Kev really hinting its over or y'all bullshitting?
"I'm feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy," Feige told EW. "We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we'd be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I'll always be thankful for that."

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
posted in the other thread, whoops:

Behold my ms paint skillz:

fullupcomingmcutrevisx8khz.png

Thoughts:

Had to remove all traces of Spider-Man for the time being :(

The question marks remain Feb 2022 and July 2022. I guess we'll have to wait til comic con next year for those two. If I had to guess I'd say Captain Marvel 2 in the Feb 2022 slot and Guardians 3 in the July 2022 slot. Not sure if that works with Gunn's schedule and Suicide Squad 2, but I'm hoping they can work out the logistics.

I always figured Blade was a looooooong way off, Feige just wanted to end the conference with an absolute megaton that wasn't even rumored by anyone. Thinking 2023 at the earliest, same with X-Men.

On that note, I could see mutants slowly becoming a part of the MCU via secondary roles in other movies (Storm in Black Panther 2, even though everyone hates the idea), which leads to solo films for certain X-Men, all leading to the big X-Men MCU movie a long way down the road. The X-Men team making their big MCU debut could be absolutely massive if done properly. Avengers-esque. I don't expect Feige to rush this one. However ...

With Spider-Man potentially out of the picture, I think there may be a bit of pressure to fast track one of their bangers they acquired during the Fox deal. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they drop Deadpool 3 in late 2022/early 2023, same with Fantastic Four.

As far as Disney+ stuff goes, I suppose they could do season 2s for the 2020/2021 shows that pop up in 2022 and beyond, but for now I'm gonna assume these are 1 and done, and Ms.Marvel/Moon Knight/She Hulk will be popping up on the service in 2022. Nothing is confirmed yet.

Overall that is one FUCKED UP GRAPHIC, look at all that shit on the way LOOK AT IT

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
We finally get Wolverine/Deadpool/Human Torch in the MCU, but we lose Spider-Man. What cruel fate.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Is Kev really hinting its over or y'all bullshitting?
Here's the quote.
Kevin Feige said:
I'm feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy. We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we'd be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I'll always be thankful for that.
"The future will be different" isn't there.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Despite how Kevin is talking it's pretty clear that this came out of nowhere considering they were just talking about an MCU sequel like a little over a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.