• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Well it's about to kill their god James Cameron.
tumblr_p9t7teEawD1rztagvo10_500.gif

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Avoid YouTube. A HUGE Spanish Marvel channel is spoiling all the surprises in FFH and of course it's being spread around social media. Only a matter of time before someone puts it in English.

I hope somebody who has seen it will go ahead and create the spoiler OT. I'm itching to know all about it.

Too early for that. It's two weeks out. The forum would get emails from Sony telling them to take it down.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Avoid YouTube. A HUGE Spanish Marvel channel is spoiling all the surprises in FFH and of course it's being spread around social media. Only a matter of time before someone puts it in English.

Too early for that. It's two weeks out. The forum would get emails from Sony telling them to take it down.
I already have my YouTube bookmark set to my subscription feed since Endgame, so I'm good to go.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I wish they had actually made the rerelease worthwhile. Really curious if this is going to make a dent in the box office.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

Oh, I obviously misunderstood the significance of the embargo ending. So all that's allowed now are vague opinions, even though the people dispensing these same opinions must obviously have seen the film in full?

This is annoying. Bloody NDAs for films!

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, Endgame was going to limp over the initial Avatar run even without the re-release (I think it was $2.55b)

now it's getting its own re-release to make up that final ~$30m. whether it can get there or not will depend on how hard they push the thing. I think if they really wanted to and put some marketing out there it could do it.

I'm personally super hyped to see Endgame with DLC leading straight into my Spidey FFH viewing. I was ready to watch the mother fucker again even without additional footage!

Also, regarding spoilers, I installed a Youtube plugin that turns off all comments and recommended videos... and it turns out this is by far the best way to experience youtube so I just never disabled the plugin :)

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Thing is, Endgame was going to limp over the initial Avatar run even without the re-release (I think it was $2.55b)

now it's getting its own re-release to make up that final ~$30m. whether it can get there or not will depend on how hard they push the thing. I think if they really wanted to and put some marketing out there it could do it.

I'm personally super hyped to see Endgame with DLC leading straight into my Spidey FFH viewing. I was ready to watch the mother fucker again even without additional footage!

Also, regarding spoilers, I installed a Youtube plugin that turns off all comments and recommended videos... and it turns out this is by far the best way to experience youtube so I just never disabled the plugin :)

They're pushing it. They made a new poster for it already. Ads will probably start either this weekend or early next week.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
They're pushing it. They made a new poster for it already. Ads will probably start either this weekend or early next week.

Good to hear. Now the question is whether them "pushing it" makes any real noise when Toy Story 4 is dominating for the next week (at LEAST). Like, are they going to give any screens to Endgame when there's Toy Story money to be made?

Of course the real answer is to immediately pull Dark Phoenix from every single theatre and give all of those screens to Endgame. Literally losing money with that shit in theatres right now lets be honest. Lets begin the rehabbing of Jean as soon as humanly possible please.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yo I'd totally kick off the Skrull invasion by having it be revealed that the Skrulls took on identities of snapped people and now with the snap undone the subterfuge is exposed

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've just heard what might be the greatest rumor/spoiler about FFH's after credit scene that I could ever imagine. If so it's insane and hilarious.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
There's a small inconsistency in Endgame about the stones.

Gamora spoke of Thanos finding the power stone on Morag in 2014 as it were the first one he had found, but we know he already had the mind stone in 2012. There's no reason she wouldn't know that.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
There's a small inconsistency in Endgame about the stones.

Gamora spoke of Thanos finding the power stone on Morag in 2014 as it were the first one he had found, but we know he already had the mind stone in 2012. There's no reason she wouldn't know that.

imo, eliding over the implications of AoU's Mind Stone/scepter retcon was the right call, since drawing attention to it makes Thanos look pretty dumb if you think about it at all (he freely gave up the one Infinity Stone he already had in his possession in hopes of getting another, and ended up losing both; real smart move there)

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
imo, eliding over the implications of AoU's Mind Stone/scepter retcon was the right call, since drawing attention to it makes Thanos look pretty dumb if you think about it at all (he freely gave up the one Infinity Stone he already had in his possession in hopes of getting another, and ended up losing both; real smart move there)

Loki almost beat the Avengers though. It was a smart move.

If anything, Loki is the one who looks stupid for losing with two stones. Thanos actually won when he got them.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Loki almost beat the Avengers though. It was a smart move.

If anything, Loki is the one who looks stupid for losing with two stones. Thanos actually won when he got them.

Yeah, Loki almost beat the Avengers and Thanos lost both stones for another six years.

Markus and McFeely did a pretty good job with what Avengers and GotG had given them to work with, but let's not pretend Thanos was a particularly effective villain based on any MCU continuity established prior to Infinity War.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Loki almost beat the Avengers and Thanos lost both stones for another six years.

Markus and McFeely did a pretty good job with what Avengers and GotG had given them to work with, but let's not pretend Thanos was a particularly effective villain based on any MCU continuity established prior to Infinity War.

Did he really lose them though? He knew they were on earth those six years and just came for them when he was ready.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You could all just write PMs or make a Spoilerthread. One will once again be stupid enought to not be able to find the spoilertag and will ruin the fun for everyone.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
This is particularly pointless and frustrating because if people who have seen a preview were allowed to just blurt out what they've seen we'd actually, you know, know. This is just a film, it's not the nuclear launch codes.

I don't know anything personally, but there have been some potential spoilers circulating lately regarding the end-credits scenes of Far From Home. I saw them at r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers so anyone interested can go there and take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.