• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'd still say Spiderman 2 and Into the Spiderverse are the best Spidey movies, but yeah, FFH is really good. That whole ending stretch right to the post-credits scene fucked with my head.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
James Gunn shared another character model of Krugarr.

I really hope we get to see that team again, and maybe in a slightly expanded role for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. I really hope it's gonna be this expansive adventure through space, where we get to meet the Original Gaurdians again, Mark Hamill, Adam Warlock and maybe even a cameo from Sersi or Nova or Carol whoever. And that he just goes nuts with creativity like he did the last two but double it. Let him play with all kinds of wild creature designs.

Last edited:

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Totally speculation but...

Spider-Man: Home Field Advantage
Villain: Kraven the Hunter
Peter Parker's biggest secret is out and now he is being hunted.

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to hopefully getting more news on the Disney+ projects from Marvel Studios at comic con. More concept art for Falcon & Winter Solider would be great to see.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Spoiler tag that fam
Sorry.

Spidey has a massive list of enemies, but with Sony creating their own Spidey-Verse (sans Spider-Man... maybe?) It's hard to pick good ones. Hell, even Kraven is lined up to get his own solo movie so having him in SM3 feels unlikely.

It seems like Marvel's current MO is to not set him up against anyone we've seen before. So, no Green Goblin, Sandman, Venom, Hobgoblin (?), Doc Ock, Lizard, Rhino or Electro.

So far we've had Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion, Tinkerer, Prowler (technically) and Mysterio pop up so that leaves (without digging too far into the obscure enemies): Chameleon, Hammerhead, Jackal, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Kingpin, Kraven, Mr. Negative, The Enforcers, Spider-Slayers, Crime Master and Tombstone. I think its noteworthy that a lot of the untouched enemies are more crime/mob related. Could be cool to see (and we could see references in the BluRay short film). I'd love to see a larger focus on New York's crime underbelly.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
The Marvel-Sony sharing arrangement also extends to the other non-Peter characters, right? It'd be cool to have Norman pop up in other films or have Kraven in a Black Panther film.

Say FFH does 1B and Sony wants to renew the deal. I think both sides will ask for things and Disney can ask for characters to go into the shared section as opposed to exclusive to Sony section. A higher priority thing that Disney will undoubtedly ask for is the removal of the fee they have to pay Sony altogether (if not reinstating the licensing fee Sony originally had to pay, which was 5% of the gross, but they'd probably settle for the 2% Fox had to pay for X-Men). Another - if they haven't already - is the annulment of the rights to transfer and possibly live action tv rights.

Assuming Sony agrees, then yeah Kraven will probably happen in the MCU. I do think modifying that fee structure is a deal breaker for Disney. They modified it in 2015 where they don't pay 3.5% of the movie anymore if it grosses over 750MM. Money is always a big issue, so that will be the most important one for them.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Say FFH does 1B and Sony wants to renew the deal. I think both sides will ask for things and Disney can ask for characters to go into the shared section as opposed to exclusive to Sony section. A higher priority thing that Disney will undoubtedly ask for is the removal of the fee they have to pay Sony altogether (if not reinstating the licensing fee Sony originally had to pay, which was 5% of the gross, but they'd probably settle for the 2% Fox had to pay for X-Men). Another - if they haven't already - is the annulment of the rights to transfer and possibly live action tv rights.

Assuming Sony agrees, then yeah Kraven will probably happen in the MCU. I do think modifying that fee structure is a deal breaker for Disney. They modified it in 2015 where they don't pay 3.5% of the movie anymore if it grosses over 750MM. Money is always a big issue, so that will be the most important one for them.
So the live-action TV rights would allow Spider-Man characters to get MCU shows on Disney+, right? Obviously the part about all Sony characters going in the shared section would allow for characters like Norman & Kraven to appear in other MCU films.

Oct 31, 2017
So the live-action TV rights would allow Spider-Man characters to get MCU shows on Disney+, right? Obviously the part about all Sony characters going in the shared section would allow for characters like Norman & Kraven to appear in other MCU films.

Yeah, but those are all things I'm throwing out that I would ask for if I were a Disney exec coming to the negotiation table. If I'm a Sony exec I'm asking for the characters I create in my universe to be connected to the MCU.

The one thing I think Disney will be tough on is the fee. I don't think they will bend on that. Disney paying Sony a fee to use their IP is funny to say the least. They will want to go back to Sony paying them a fee to license their character, but at the very least they will want to stop paying Sony a percentage of the BO gross going forward.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I think the number 1 thing Disney will probably do is get those transfer clauses eliminated so if/when Sony Pictures screws up again there isn't a risk of playing ball with another company. (If they can get Sony to eliminate it that is).

I don't see Live Action TV rights on the table just yet. But maybe they can make a deal to get Spider-Man characters to guest star on Disney+ shows.

Oct 31, 2017
I think the number 1 thing Disney will probably do is get those transfer clauses eliminated so if/when Sony Pictures screws up again there isn't a risk of playing ball with another company. (If they can get Sony to eliminate it that is).

That might have been done in 2015. We don't know all that was changed at that time.

The only confirmed thing that we know changed was the fee structure where Disney pays less than 3.5% of the BO gross if the movie grosses over 750MM. That was the only thing confirmed by the trades. Because of that I would think the number 1 thing would be to completely eliminate that and/or get it to a more traditional licensing structure where the licensing is paying the license owner for the rights to use the product. It's always a money thing, so I would expect that to be Disney's number 1 thing.

The other thing we know changed was the Frozen characters. Peter Porker went from being a Frozen character to at the very least a shared one, so we know other things changed. It's possible the rights to transfer were changed as well in 2015, but it's conjecture.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I feel like the OT subtitle could be more creative lol

Something like:
Far from home but close to Kree
Legs for days

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
The other thing we know changed was the Frozen characters. Peter Porker went from being a Frozen character to at the very least a shared one, so we know other things changed. It's possible the rights to transfer were changed as well in 2015, but it's conjecture.

First timeI read this I was left wondering whether I had missed a scene in Frozen with a talking pig.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

"There is an accessibility and cool factor that makes Spider-Man the greatest superhero in the world, and we embraced this by working with promotional partners to not only break records, but more importantly to create breakthrough creative executions," said Godsick, EVP of Brand Strategy and Global Partnerships. "Each promotional partnership program delivers at least one publicity or marketing extension that gives fans a more immersive and interactive experience, or something never done before."

Among those brands tubthumping Far From Home is returning Marvel partner Audi. They worked on Endgame with Disney displaying their Audi e-tron Sportback concept and Audi e-tron GT vehicles, while on Homecoming they showcased the Audi A8 luxury sedan. Similar to Sony's Homecoming, Audi is both a promotional and product placement partner. Audi vehicle placement in Far From Homeincludes the all-new, electric Audi e-tron SUV and the all-new Audi A7 and Audi Q8. As part of the team-up with Far From Home, the German car manufacturer released the digital short "Science Fair," which features Peter Parker (Tom Holland) and his best friend Ned (Jacob Batalon), who conspire to come up with a winning project and stumble upon the perfect scientific advancement, the Audi e-tron GT.

With Spider-Man: Far From Home raking in cash, I find it hard to believe that Avi Arad's malign influence will ever be felt in the MCU Spider-Man franchise. Sony would be all kinds of stupid to ever allow that. And by the way, for the love of all that is sacred, once Morbius and Venom 2 bombs, just let Kevin Feige to take care of fucking EVERYTHING.

Jon Watts can already be crown the best Spider-Man director of all time.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Harbour shoots down the stupidity that he's playing The Thing in Black Widow, and he probably has that beard in it since they're filming right now:

"I just use the word "thing" in my vocabulary a lot."

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

With Spider-Man: Far From Home raking in cash, I find it hard to believe that Avi Arad's malign influence will ever be felt in the MCU Spider-Man franchise. Sony would be all kinds of stupid to ever allow that. And by the way, for the love of all that is sacred, once Morbius and Venom 2 bombs, just let Kevin Feige to take care of fucking EVERYTHING.

Jon Watts can already be crown the best Spider-Man director of all time.
what makes you think Venom 2 will bomb?

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
what makes you think Venom 2 will bomb?
The biggest responsible for Venom's success was China, not really the USA. Audiences in China are fickle, and while Venom lucked out there at first, I fully expect the sequel - which certainly won't have Tom Holland as Spider-Man - to perform at the level of its critical success. There is a history for critically panned sequels to bomb, see BvS and Justice League, or even more recently, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix. Unlike Into Spider-Verse and Far From Home, Venom was cheer luck. I expect audiences to react accordingly to that.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...why would anyone think he's playing the Thing in a Black Widow movie.

What meaningful interaction has Black Widow ever had with the Thing.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feige breaks his silence on THAT mid-credits scene. Link here, do not click unless you want FFH spoiled.

One: to have Mysterio win in a way that you're not expecting, to have Mysterio pull one last trick on him. And in those conversations with Jameson, it was always about how the notion of the powerful publisher doesn't exist anymore. Selling newspapers, "get 'em out, they gotta go to print!" is a very romanticized notion that doesn't exist anymore. So, you know, in the Ultimates there was the Daily Bugle website and things like that. But taking it into an even more contemporary radical left and radical right news journalist that kind of scream in front of the camera. And thinking, "Who could do it?"
The thing is, JK Simmons is such a versatile actor. Look at what he's done over the years since his iconic portrayal of this character in the Sam Raimi films. And then all of his work, Whiplash being one of the biggest ones. It can be the same actor with that somewhat similar voice inflection, but with a totally different persona. That had never been done before. We really liked the idea that it's a new Jameson, he's not from another dimension or multiverse or something like that. It's a new Jameson in this world played by the same actor.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Yo it really just hit me, but 5-10 years we can get Deadpool and Wolverine in the same movie.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
wait what

HOW

how did it top endgame? WHY did it top endgame? isn't that a little much for a solo spidey movie? also... it's following fucking ENDGAME. Endgame is all the promo you need!

very weird. I saw way more promotion for endgame than spidey. maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
FFH has had more promotional tie-ins than any movie I've seen in a while. I mean they even sponsored an episode of Chopped Junior on the Food Network.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
FFH has had more promotional tie-ins than any movie I've seen in a while. I mean they even sponsored an episode of Chopped Junior on the Food Network.

yeah I definitely wasn't watching the food network so maybe I missed it

I'm surprised they didn't do the NBA Finals spots. I remember Homecoming had DJ Khaled in the ads and Spidey stressing out because he was gonna miss the finals if he kept fighting crime. It was ridiculous. This year those NBA Finals ads were all Men in Black and... that worked well...

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Is it the Comic-Con in San Diego where Marvel is going to announce the new movie schedule? Or is it a different one?

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
There's a story in OT Slashfilm ran about Sony pulling out of the Spider-Man deal if FFH doesn't make a billion, but the source on this is The Ankler, who was the same guy who said Kathleen Kennedy would be FIRED right before she signed a three year contract extension:
"While Kathleen Kennedy worked wonders relaunching this property from the abyss of the Lucas prequel trilogy and turning it into a bigger than ever all-devouring cultural force, there has to be more than some thought that it's time for new blood at the helm. The talk out there is of a September changing of the guards. We'll see."

Edit: They locked the thread, but expect this to be spread around social media a lot now that Slashfilm ran it for the clicks.

Last edited:

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017
So I decided that in trying to go see Spider-Man a second time, I might as well make a day of it and see Avengers Endgame again before it leaves theaters. So I'm sitting in the credits for Endgame, waiting for the special features. This will be the third viewing (the second I started to fall asleep, comfy chair + no sleep will do that to you), and man, this movie is really rewatchable. So many callbacks to previous movies, and so many crowd pleasing moments. There was maybe 20 people for a noon showing in the Times Square AMC in NYC. I'm definitely copping the home release and watching it multiple times.

Now, off to get some food and then go see Far From Home again!

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Writer Erik Sommers also want to use Kraven for a Spider-Man sequel:

"I've always had a soft spot for Kraven the Hunter," Sommers revealed before McKenna chimed in to add, "We read a lot of [Spider-Man's] comics that were fun. There were some really great storylines with him. Spot seems like a really cool villain."

I would love The Spot as a secondary villain along with Scorpion.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I remember the spot from the animated 90s series.

What a world we would live in if the spot appeared.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
So I decided that in trying to go see Spider-Man a second time, I might as well make a day of it and see Avengers Endgame again before it leaves theaters. So I'm sitting in the credits for Endgame, waiting for the special features. This will be the third viewing (the second I started to fall asleep, comfy chair + no sleep will do that to you), and man, this movie is really rewatchable. So many callbacks to previous movies, and so many crowd pleasing moments. There was maybe 20 people for a noon showing in the Times Square AMC in NYC. I'm definitely copping the home release and watching it multiple times.

Now, off to get some food and then go see Far From Home again!

The re-release is happening here in Brazil this weekend. Just bought two tickets to watch with a friend. Can't wait to watch Endgame and Far From Home back to back.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a story in OT Slashfilm ran about Sony pulling out of the Spider-Man deal if FFH doesn't make a billion, but the source on this is The Ankler, who was the same guy who said Kathleen Kennedy would be FIRED right before she signed a three year contract extension:

Edit: They locked the thread, but expect this to be spread around social media a lot now that Slashfilm ran it for the clicks.

It sounded a bit farfetched anyway. The idea that Sony would predicate their deal upon Far From Home hitting a billion is silly. They'd really want to keep him in the MCU for as long as possible because it puts Spidey in more movies, which in turn makes the Spidey movies perform better.

Given how this guy seems to leak the opposite of what's really going on, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony actually said they'd extend the contract if Far From Home hit a billion.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Variety reports Millie Bobby Brown is cast in Eternals. Interesting since Kevin Feige denied having a role for her. And she herself denied it as well, but Benedict Cumberbatch and Paul Rudd also denied their castings initially.

I guess she could be Sprite.

I also just came out of a X-Men: Dark Phoenix showing, and that was really bad. It wasn't even entertaining. But at least I liked the visual effects, the soundtrack was decent and I got some Cyclops action. Script was outright bad, and so was the dialogue, story and acting. Such a drab ending to a 19 year old franchise.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Eternals continues to add to its already STACKED cast.
Well, they got plenty more to cast if that casting sheet from last November is anything to go by.

Sersi, Ikaris, Gilgamesh, Makkari, Elysius, Thena, Zuras, Eros, Margot, Sprite and Druig.

And they got Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Ma Dong-seok, Salma Hayek and Millie Bobby Brown so far.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll cast Ana de Armas in any role, I could see her as Margot.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Marvel revealed their SDCC exclusives...

Going to try to get one of these:

D_IwLEPU8AEQ_cQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.